Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ooops

Ooops

Burnt off a wee fire pile this morning and was fully out by 10am but the wind got up this evening and reignited it and spread into the grass paddock and up the gorse fenceline. 4-5 fire trucks later they had it out pretty quick
    Was talking to man in charge for a bit and they were pretty understanding then they just packed up and left, was expecting to have to debrief or some paperwork or something.
    Should I expect a bill in the mail?

Name:  WP_20161219_20_25_21_Pro.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  339.5 KB

Not likely. What area do you come under?
    It is under the discretion of the Principle Rural Fire Officer. If it was malicious they would recover costs.
    The Fire Service charge the Rural Fire $900 - $1300 per truck per hour. They have a slush fund to cover this type of incident
    BRADS likes this.

You wouldn't of wanted us tonight.
    A box of beer usually makes the tanker fee go bye bye round here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, Dundee, 199p and 1 others like this.

Tasman, the questions he was asking were like he was seeing if I had been negligent so I got the feeling like he was deciding whether to charge us, possibly because im not the property owner also sways in my favor. I just know ill get reamed if the owner gets a bill for it

Highly unlikely but not to say he won't.
    If it required a lot of resources for a long period of time as well as choppers then probably
    Grab a couple of dozen and drop it to your local station

Permitted then you will be covered by insurance , not permitted then you get the bill. Its at the discretion of the PRFO or fire Chief as to what the cost are and who gets reimbursed. Being actively involved in supporting the fire crew i.e refreshments, food, donation can go a long way in keeping the bill at bay. Rural fire Officer at a fire last week and I'm still doing the paper work for it. Fire service were also involved as well as Rural vole's. Guy had a permit, just hadn't adhered to the permit conditions. If he gets a bill it would only be for Fire sevice not the Rural volles or the tankes that supplied water from the local Dairy company.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Give us his contact, I'm sure the boys here would put in a good character reference for you!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Burnt off a wee fire pile this morning and was fully out by 10am but the wind got up this evening and reignited it [/ATTACH]
    Just asking, how, if it was "fully out"?

Quote Originally Posted by karearea View Post
    Just asking, how, if it was "fully out"?
    A few bigger logs and stumps maybe still burning inside, pretty hard to get water in to kill those embers

Hardly the crime of the century.
    If it is the job I looked at 1 pump, 2 tankers and a Rural Fire Officer then hardly worth the paperwork
    Also the attitude from both sides. If you show your appreciation when they arrive and the OIC isn't a wanker then all go home happy.
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and BRADS like this.

i spent a fair amount of time in the fire alarm industry and generally they are a good bunch. if a building has one false alarm a year they dont fine you, above that the fine used to be $1000 plus gst after that but i think that has increased.
    when the volunteer brigade comes out its always good to reward them with a slab of beer etc, remember its your life and property they are protecting and whats $30 or so as a thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i spent a fair amount of time in the fire alarm industry and generally they are a good bunch. if a building has one false alarm a year they dont fine you, above that the fine used to be $1000 plus gst after that but i think that has increased.
    when the volunteer brigade comes out its always good to reward them with a slab of beer etc, remember its your life and property they are protecting and whats $30 or so as a thanks.
    Luckily I manage a winery
    veitnamcam and 199p like this.

Luckily I manage a winery
    I'm trying to place the vineyard now. Until the start of this year I have been in Viticulture in Nelson too.

Wither hills area?

Burnt off a wee fire pile this morning and was fully out by 10am but the wind got up this evening and reignited it and spread into the grass paddock and up the gorse fenceline. 4-5 fire trucks later they had it out pretty quick
    Was talking to man in charge for a bit and they were pretty understanding then they just packed up and left, was expecting to have to debrief or some paperwork or something.
    Should I expect a bill in the mail?

Attachment 60931
    I'd blame it on the UFO mid sky really what is that black flying thing? zoom in on it????????????