Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Our fuel problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    @veitnamcam @gadgetman
    I just changed from an E-Tech 200 to a Suzuki 140 4 stroke (a brand spanking new one - which was under 20K due to impost reshuffle with Suzuki NZ – they dropped 2-3K)

My fuel usage has nearly dropped to 35% of what I was using with the big 6pak
    But the negative is - like going from Mike Hosking’s Ferrari to Nanna's Mazda 323 :-(

But - was forced into it and do not think I will regret as I nearly a Granny-dad anyways :-(

I am amazed at how efficient the Suzuki is - never would have thought how much of a fuel saving it would be
    AND - I talking - cost over distance - from point A - B not just litres per hour etc
    I'd still like to hook up a modernish diesel to a boat. The efficiency is hard to beat.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Shit I must get back to work building Gas stations, spending far too much time on this thread. Got 4 on the go in Auckland with another couple to start soon with no end in sight.
    Maybe you could organise a special fuel bowser for forum members to be installed where the meter runs backward so good buggers like us get a full tank and a credit to boot.

Ba ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Maybe you could organise a special fuel bowser for forum members to be installed where the meter runs backward so good buggers like us get a full tank and a credit to boot.

Ba ha ha ha ha
    nah just fit a pipe from tank to section next door and sell discount fuel from there.
    mikee and northdude like this.

That happened in ChCh years ago, was the old shell service station down Blenheim road by the fire station on the right heading out of town, it’s was demolished years ago. A plumber lived next and while the site was being retanked he snuck over the fence one night and teed a line into one of the suction lines the installers had run that day. He ran the line under his fence and connected a semi rotary hand pump and Bobs ya uncle, was only discovered when the site was being demolished years later.

As the price of gas gets dearer I presume there will be more thefts, cocky’s will get hit with there small above ground fuel tanks, earth moving machinery will get drained etc etc.
    veitnamcam and northdude like this.

yep and if you just sit around the gvt and oil companys will be thinking this is great we can just ad more tax etc to it noones bothered by it so why not its to easy

That happened in ChCh years ago, was the old shell service station down Blenheim road by the fire station on the right heading out of town, it’s was demolished years ago. A plumber lived next and while the site was being retanked he snuck over the fence one night and teed a line into one of the suction lines the installers had run that day. He ran the line under his fence and connected a semi rotary hand pump and Bobs ya uncle, was only discovered when the site was being demolished years later.

As the price of gas gets dearer I presume there will be more thefts, cocky’s will get hit with there small above ground fuel tanks, earth moving machinery will get drained etc etc.
    already happening

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...et-for-thieves

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    https://youtu.be/u3qy4Zv4snI

Surprised this hasn't been in the news yet.

Surely there would a cheap crappy fuel tank that you could dump some water and sugar in. That'd ruin a fair few engines.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    https://youtu.be/u3qy4Zv4snI

Surprised this hasn't been in the news yet.

Surely there would a cheap crappy fuel tank that you could dump some water and sugar in. That'd ruin a fair few engines.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    haha some filth stole my outboard tank a few years ago. I hope their Subaru liked 2 stroke.
    Russian 22. likes this.

I see Bridges banging on that Chopper undervalued the tax take on fuel.
    If the exchange rate moves South the Oil Co’s will just pass it on, the Govt’s gst take will increase as well.

Yep whatever fees and taxes get added to it rhey get gst on top of it all even their own taxes which i didnt think you could charge tax on tax well you and i cant anyway

Happened around here when diesel was 40cents a litre, a lot of logging contractors just take on enough diesel for the day.

Shit I must get back to work building Gas stations, spending far too much time on this thread. Got 4 on the go in Auckland with another couple to start soon with no end in sight.
    That just cant be true. We all KNOW how fuel is not profitable
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

It’s not, it only gets you in the door where you silly buggers pay $5 for a coffee that only costs 50 cents to make and pay another $15 for a car wash that only costs $4 ����

It’s not, it only gets you in the door where you silly buggers pay $5 for a coffee that only costs 50 cents to make and pay another $15 for a car wash that only costs $4 ����
    So why do Gull and Waitomo have un-attended stations?

Because their only fixed costs are power comms and rent if they dont own the sight. Waitomo like allied are a mobil affiliated 2nd tier fuel retailer that also has rural and commercial supply contracts where probably most of their income is generated. I suspect a fuel stop could serve as a handy bunkering facility.