Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Our mate Chris on Radio Live in a min

Our mate Chris on Radio Live in a min

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

38 percent increase in firearms being pulled on NZ cops

"One of the problems in New Zealand is we have no idea where our firearms are. There's so many firearms in New Zealand that because they aren't registered we don't know where they are, and I accept that the criminals aren't going to register their firearms, but at least we know where they are getting stolen from, and if there's issues, we can try and prevent them getting stolen better. And then we can also have the debate, what firearms we have in New Zealand and what we actually need. Do we need all the sorts of firearms that are currently in New Zealand? I'm not sure we do."

"We've got no issue with people having hunting rifles, with having their 22s for looking after pests, their ducking shooting, and having the right number of those, but do we need military style semi-automatics in New Zealand? People that have them say they need them for goat culling, but how many goats do we actually need to be culling. You can do that with other firearms. We're not sure there's really a need for those, and there's 13,000 of those registered in New Zealand, but what people don't understand is there's a large number of others that simply because of the way the stock's configured, or the size of the magazine they take, aren't designated military style semi-automatics, but actually have the same firepower"

Register, confiscate, impose quantity limits.
    Last edited by Banana; 12-12-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    veitnamcam, Ryan, Koshogi and 1 others like this.

So pretty much has no understanding of the New Zealand shooting scene
    timattalon and outlander like this.

Ejected
    I loath the car comparison argument but, Prius for everyone.

Maybe they should focus on things that will make a difference to protecting lives like actual consequences. 17 year old looses his learners licence form too many demerits, continues to drive, runs an intersection and kills a guy. Even between the accident and sentencing continues to drive and gets pulled up. Outcome, 2 years 3 months jail. Pathetic for blatant disregard for LAWS causing death. He'll be out in time for a big party for his 21st.

Why bother taking any of these laws seriously when there's no incentive? Oh right because we're law abiding citizens who are deemed fit and proper after being vetted heavily and apparently continuously.

Fuck us though right, only give us what someone not interested in our field deems necessary, only need a rock or sharp stick so may as well take bows too. Too many fatties in NZ as well, they only need some rice and beans, take the rest.

Rant over.

The Police Association "go-to" yet again, MSSA classified firearms.

Considering that they are involved in, according to the police an unknown number of crimes , I would prefer the organisation he is a mouthpiece for, commit their resources to attempt to solve crimes that are a priority problem in this country. Sounds to me like the police association / police are afraid of us having these firearms and are attempting to bullshit people into thinking that ownership thereof is a problem.
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-12-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Corrected link
    "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

- John Correia

- John Correia

JWB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Sounds to me like the police association / police are afraid of us having these firearms and are attempting to bullshit people into thinking that ownership thereof is a problem.
    Criminals are always concerned if there is a chance that the victim may be armed.
    stingray, Koshogi and outlander like this.

am I wrong but aint he English. enough said.
    timattalon, Steve123 and outlander like this.
    "Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested"

"I accept that the criminals aren't going to register their firearms, but at least we know where they are getting stolen from, and if there's issues, we can try and prevent them getting stolen better."

Doesn't that just sound plain stupid when you say it out loud? ^^^

Chris is all smoke & mirrors with this crap, there is an agenda behind all of this. You nailed it @Ryan - It is their "go-to" and quite frankly, it's getting old fast.
    gadgetman, stingray, Ryan and 4 others like this.

R93
    Dunno why but there is a lot of pressure from Aussie and pom police, government for NZ to adopt their firearms laws.

A lot of poms and Aussies in the NZ police.

UN also has a lot to answer for.

So if they ban mssa's in NZ criminals can not get hold of them?

The authorities can find them betterer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, Ryan, Koshogi and 2 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

His implication of MSSA's being banned and mention of the numbers registered, is the number one reason I am personally against gun registration - it might be introduced with the best of intentions, but it can be used as a big stick to beat shooters with.
    veitnamcam, stingray, Ryan and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    "I accept that the criminals aren't going to register their firearms, but at least we know where they are getting stolen from, and if there's issues, we can try and prevent them getting stolen better."

Quite. Speaks volumes of the ability of the organisation attempting to lord over us.

- John Correia

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    I loath the car comparison argument but, Prius for everyone.

Maybe they should focus on things that will make a difference to protecting lives like actual consequences. 17 year old looses his learners licence form too many demerits, continues to drive, runs an intersection and kills a guy. Even between the accident and sentencing continues to drive and gets pulled up. Outcome, 2 years 3 months jail. Pathetic for blatant disregard for LAWS causing death. He'll be out in time for a big party for his 21st.

Why bother taking any of these laws seriously when there's no incentive? Oh right because we're law abiding citizens who are deemed fit and proper after being vetted heavily and apparently continuously.

Fuck us though right, only give us what someone not interested in our field deems necessary, only need a rock or sharp stick so may as well take bows too. Too many fatties in NZ as well, they only need some rice and beans, take the rest.

Rant over.
    I'll have your know that I resemble that fatty remark!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

[QUOTE=Sasquatch;659411]"I accept that the criminals aren't going to register their firearms, but at least we know where they are getting stolen from, and if there's issues, we can try and prevent them getting stolen better."

Sure does, Cahill can’t even string a coherent sentence together. The cops can’t/don’t respond to burglary calls now with current laws.
    How are they going to do this better ???

Makes a nonsense of his own argument but our useless press won’t even put the hard questions to him, just suck it up and spew it back out.
    And of course a bullet from an MSSA will kill you much “deaderer” than the same pill from a bolt rifle.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    His implication of MSSA's being banned and mention of the numbers registered, is the number one reason I am personally against gun registration - it might be introduced with the best of intentions, but it can be used as a big stick to beat shooters with.
    Exactly. Retrospectively if you combine that with the "search & surveillance" act we could be in trouble.
    outlander likes this.