Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree23Likes
  • 4 Post By Gapped axe
  • 1 Post By Chur Bay
  • 2 Post By Gapped axe
  • 5 Post By Gapped axe
  • 7 Post By timattalon
  • 4 Post By Gapped axe

Thread: Pack test

Pack test

Woo woo that time of year for the fitness tests. Today was SARS one Straight up Mt Ngongotaha for an hour, I mean straight up, fuk that's steep for an hour. 2.5klms back down the road and then back up again, then back down then the track. 10k in 3hrs and carringing 15kgs. My time was 2.15hrs and i'm rooted. Next month its fire and that's a 5k march carrying 24kgs in 45 minutes, wow to much excitement.
    gadgetman, Pengy, Maca49 and 1 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

5 km in 45 minutes with 24 kg is a good effort
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Woo woo that time of year for the fitness tests. Today was SARS one Straight up Mt Ngongotaha for an hour, I mean straight up, fuk that's steep for an hour. 2.5klms back down the road and then back up again, then back down then the track. 10k in 3hrs and carringing 15kgs. My time was 2.15hrs and i'm rooted. Next month its fire and that's a 5k march carrying 24kgs in 45 minutes, wow to much excitement.

So you can't cross credit? I just did mine two weeks ago but doesn't take nearly as long as yours does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    5 km in 45 minutes with 24 kg is a good effort
    I hope it's flat.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Sorry, meant that my test doesn't take as long as it's significantly shorter in distance than yours and with no carried weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Sorry, meant that my test doesn't take as long as it's significantly shorter in distance than yours and with no carried weight.
    pussy
    veitnamcam and Savage1 like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

i'm 58 yrs 6'3 112kgs and happy with my results. I'm not a slim Jim by any means but I have skills (management, plus tracking, CIMS and the other stuff) so happy for a pass even thou I will always have a role . I guess it's about your own personal goals. Me I was diagnosed with aggressive, evasive and in all probity terminal melanoma plus Gangrene as a side dish, so happy after 3 major Opps I can still foot it. Thanks also to our vertically challenged and web footed friend for pushing me officially to this role
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    i'm 58 yrs 6'3 112kgs and happy with my results. I'm not a slim Jim by any means but I have skills (management, plus tracking, CIMS and the other stuff) so happy for a pass even thou I will always have a role . I guess it's about your own personal goals. Me I was diagnosed with aggressive, evasive and in all probity terminal melanoma plus Gangrene as a side dish, so happy after 3 major Opps I can still foot it. Thanks also to our vertically challenged and web footed friend for pushing me officially to this role
    All the best. I know I can do 6ks in 60minute and I do that regularly with a day bag (To and from work) but I have never done that with a 24kg load. I might have to give that a try just to see how it affects me (The extra weight and walk pace / speed, not the melanoma though)

I wish you all the best. My father was diagnosed early with a rare and aggressive cancer where the few previous cases had taken its victims in weeks rather than months, Dad fought it with dignity for 18 months and gave it what for. It got him in the end and my greatest desire in life is to be able to face adversity with the unflinching dignity that he showed. I do not know how he was able to do that, especially after finding out the pain he was in, but his example is one that left a permanent impression on me. I wont pretend to know what you are facing yourself, but I admire anyone who has the gall to look at these things and carry one despite them. To face this and still put your hand up to help others in SARS etc, You have my respect and gratitude.

thank you, I have an awesome back up team. My family
    "ars longa, vita brevis"