Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Phone company suggestions?

Phone company suggestions?

So I've been pissed off with spark for a while and just got a bill for a service that I made 4 phone calls (2 on specific dates) cancelling said service.

Drowned my phone and it doesn't want to come back 100% (sort of working)

So what phone companies are there that you get a decent level of service and when ou call them you are talking with someone who can speak English at an understandable level?

Got a Vodafone prepay as a back up phone but try not to call them as I get the same issues....

Happy to pay a bit more for decent service!!!

I have been with 2 degrees since the company started, and have no issues with them.
    Feather or Shoot likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain

Should add that I want a mobile plan with a couple gb all year round and a phone internet package for 6months /yr 20gb would be plenty

Im not overly impressed by 2 degrees, kiosks in the mall running out of credit so you can buy prepay top ups?? Getting fiber installed for internet was a nightmare, min 30min wait to get to a service person and then they never did anything. The only way to get things sorted was to complain on their facebook page which I am not a fan of doing
    Gerbs likes this.

I'm not 100% happy with 2degrees, services isn't the best but really which telco is, changed from spark 12 months ago to two degrees happy enough to stay were I am with pay monthly it cost me $60 a month for two phones with roll over data and calls. add ons can be done by text or removed easy enough with out having to ring a human or computer service, but if you forget to pay on time they are quick to restrict your service.

two degrees......... here is a copy of an email I recently sent those thick cunts. They give a poor service, and bill me still when I am not a customer. long story, but this email is funny.
    these pricks were warned politely in the previous email that if they asked for payment again I would be very abusive etc. here it is:

ARE YOU STUPID? OR DO YOU NOT READ ENGLISH?
    DO NOT EMAIL ME EVER AGAIN.

RE READ THE LAST DOZEN EMAILS FROM ME, THEN IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO COMMUNICATE FURTHER WITH ME, USE THE PHONE.
    YOU APPEAR MILDLY RETARDED OR UN EDUCATED TO THE LEVEL OF AN ILLITERATE TWO YEAR OLD.
    GET SOME TUITION.
    YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS BLOCKED.
    I WILL RECEIVE PHONE CALLS FROM SENIOR MEMBERS OF YOUR STAFF ONLY.

OH HOW PROFESSIONAL IS THAT TWO DEGREES COMPANY? WELL, THEY MOST CERTAINLY EMPLOY THE CREAM OF THE CROP! SUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO!
    WOW OH WOW, I WISH I COULD SHOUT RIGHT IN YOUR EAR HOLE SO THE MESSAGE WOULD RESONATE THROUGH YOUR COLLECTIVELY THICK SKULL AND RATTLE THE WALNUT.

AS GORDON RAMSAY WOULD HAVE LONG SINCE ALREADY SAID: F U C K O F F

Am on skinny now and so far happy with the customer service when necessary.
    Use enough gun

@40mm bet you felt better after sending that. If I get another bill from spark I think I might copy and paste it!

So far consensus is there is no phone company which looks after its customers.... Wonderful world we live in

2 degrees was much cheaper than spark.had bad dealings with spark had been with them for nearly 20 years .more than halved my bill going to 2 degrees.as for getting fibre installed it is usually done through spark via your retail company and is usually why it takes longer as most fibre is through the spark/chorus cables.i am an ex lineman and used to do copper line internet and people couldn't understand that a downer van would turn up with chorus writing on it to do their slingshot or orcon or whoever internet connection.repairs are the same you report fault to provider who then pass on to wholesaler then onto service company then faultman.as far as who to go with check signal strength where you use your phone the most and at home before you decide on who has best price and you may have to try some different phones for reception as some work only in good reception and some do better when the signal is weak.also with vodaphone they used to have a thing where as more calls where made on a cell site the coverage shrunk so if you are at the outer limit on a call and a heap of calls get made you might find the signal goes down. not sure if that still the case but some thing to think about.

@berg243 am on the edge of spark reception, not bad upstairs but nothing downstairs. Another reason I got a Vodafone phone as a back up to see what reception is like. Sounds a weird system with the changing signal strength, would be a real pain at times.

Not interested in fibre, no way it's coming up to our area Anytime soon

here is the message I sent prior to the abusive one:

PLEASE HAVE THIS MATTER REFERRED TO A HUMAN. OR AT LEAST ONE THAT CAN READ.

FAILING THAT, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN.

IF I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF (AGAIN), YOU CAN EXPECT A RUDE AND VERY OFFENSIVE FINAL REPLY. THEN I WILL BLOCK YOU.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

HA.
    Use enough gun

and here is the general issue:

Hi there. Unfortunately I have been to busy to get around to telling you that I do not intend to pay the final bill.
    Your service was slack in nearly every aspect.
    On numerous occasions I called you and every time the standard message played some crap about being busy right now. Every single time.
    My partner also uses two degrees and we were using your data share feature (which also caused us many issues).
    Her phone is a 'smart' phone and mine is a normal phone, most likely not at all similar to the over sized 'device' that you and everyone else in your wonderful office have fallen for. Hook, line and sinker. Baaaaaaaa.

So, back to my issue with your average service....
    My partner went to Alaska (nice, please say oh, ahh) and left her 'smart' phone at home so I could continue to use it as the modem/hotspot that it was brought for.
    She had more that $80.00 credit on her account.
    I proceeded to use the internet and chewed through all her credit when the unauthorized top ups continued to top up her account with your overpriced data.
    So as I waste my time, AGAIN, dealing with this two degrees rubbish, I wonder if I should invoice you for my wasted time and the credit that you owe us.

This is a brief overview of the situation and probably missing a few examples of your wonderful service.
    Please take your time and give me an interesting reply, I look forward to receiving it when it suits you. If you can be bothered.

NEVER your loyal customer again
    David Mckinstry
    021 424 709 (Slingshot, and awesome so far they are)
    Use enough gun

I'm with Skinny on a $16 prepaid
    I get 150 roll over minutes (NZ and Australia)
    Unlimited minutes to Skinny numbers
    Unlimited texts
    1gig roll over data

I don't use all my minutes or data so have heaps backed up.
    And I've never had any reason to deal with their customer service so can't complain about anything.

I bought a phone from China for about a tenth of the price the thieves in NZ would have charged (for the same phone). They would have then screwed me down with some plan for x number of years and tried to convince me they were doing me a favour. Up theirs. I'm happy on $16 a month.
    gadgetman, Paddy79, 40mm and 1 others like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I'm with Skinny on a $16 prepaid
    I get 150 roll over minutes (NZ and Australia)
    Unlimited minutes to Skinny numbers
    Unlimited texts
    1gig roll over data

I don't use all my minutes or data so have heaps backed up.
    And I've never had any reason to deal with their customer service so can't complain about anything.

I bought a phone from China for about a tenth of the price the thieves in NZ would have charged (for the same phone). They would have then screwed me down with some plan for x number of years and tried to convince me they were doing me a favour. Up theirs. I'm happy on $16 a month.
    Sounds like what I'm after. How long does the roll over last? Thinking that I could almost get away without a landline internet package if I can roll my mobile data over all year

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Sounds like what I'm after. How long does the roll over last? Thinking that I could almost get away without a landline internet package if I can roll my mobile data over all year
    Roll over lasts 12 months.
    223nut likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

if you don't need an actual landline phone look at naked broadband to save money or see if you can get a mobile, internet and power package as some of those deals can save you quite a bit on separate accounts and sometimes they include basic sky .not sure if the vodaphone coverage thing still shrinks in high use been away from the telecommunication industry for a couple years always preferred the analogue service as it worked a lot further out and I could put up with a bit of noise to get reception when hunting in the boonies.digital is great for clarity and data services but not for distance who ever you go with should be able to give you an idea on phones for marginal coverage but if you live in a steel framed house or one covered in corrugated iron it will help block the signal.