Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Phone company suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    spotify: like listening with cotton wool in your ears or wearing a raincoat in a shower
    its not the real thing
    ?? Have a massive lossless collection on my PC and i am very hard pressed to notice any differences between that and the 320kbps music from spotify. obviously make sure you activate the premium sound quality and then disable the "equal volume" feature on spotify, sound quality improved dramatically when i disabled that. The convenient layout, MASSIVE music collection, and offline abilities of Spotify make it absolutely invaluable IMO.
    Feather or Shoot likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Getting a prepay Vodafone cheaper to have as a spare / car phone

Looks like I'll be swapping spark to Skinny once my new phone shows up (new phone better be able to swap over )

Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    ?? Have a massive lossless collection on my PC and i am very hard pressed to notice any differences between that and the 320kbps music from spotify.
    320k is pretty good, you generally need a good audio system and fussy ears to notice the difference with lossless. The diferences are there but subtle.

Most people only seem to use lower quality with spotify (192k maybe? Or is it even lower) which is ok for background music when you aren't listening closely or in a car with road noise etc, but can sound a bit artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Getting a prepay Vodafone cheaper to have as a spare / car phone

Looks like I'll be swapping spark to Skinny once my new phone shows up (new phone better be able to swap over )
    Get a phone from China. They are unlocked so you can run any sim you want, two cards in some. None of this "you can only use our sim card in this phone" bullshit which everyone seems to accept here.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Get a phone from China. They are unlocked so you can run any sim you want, two cards in some. None of this "you can only use our sim card in this phone" bullshit which everyone seems to accept here.
    Too late....

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Too late....
    Gave spark the chance to match skinny plan.... They offered me another 3gb, so 7gb total for $60 vs skinny 10gb for $46.... And I should get to keep my old number. Just as well the new phone I got that started all this is going to work with skinmy

If itís not locked to spark then any phone that works with spark will work with skinny as itís the same network. Am also with skinny and find it great. Card is hooked up to flick over the money just before plan renewal each month so can just forget about it. Not having stores is a downside as you donít get to hand over your phone and say fix it but the one time Iíve used there call centre they were great and talked through the solution step by step. Also spark shops donít want anything to do with skinny phones as itís not part of the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that we are all(wife, three kids and me) hooked up to Viber as well. Can talk, text, video call and send pictures anywhere around the world for free as long as you have Internet and data.
    Doesn't cost anything to hook up with, so I have trouble understanding how Viber survives.
    Overkill is still dead.

Kept getting texts from skinny reminding m to top up... I'm on a f(#king plan

Twos phone calls, 5 emails and 20mins later I think I have managed to turn the notifications off

@7mmwsm will have to look into that one