Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Photo Hosting Sites/Apps

What are people using.

Until recently use photobucket but gone off it - very bloated.
    Found tinypic which was brilliant, no sign up required. Lately though have had several failures to upload.
    Tried Imgur but yuk yuk.

Wot others are there? Not interested in the social media ones that offer hosting.

MB
    i can't believe how bad photo hosting services have become, even if they are free. gave up wth photobucket after very long uploads and unreliability. tried a few others and they were worse, went back to photobucket. i've heard that the photobucket paid service is no better.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    i can't believe how bad photo hosting services have become, even if they are free. gave up wth photobucket after very long uploads and unreliability. tried a few others and they were worse, went back to photobucket. i've heard that the photobucket paid service is no better.
    Yeah, one of the big issues with photobucket I have heard is disappearing libraries. Haven't had that issue myself. And paying a sub mostly only gets rid of the adds.

Photobucket is a mess, I gave up on putting anything new on it a few years ago but still have some older stuff there.

I use Flickr these days.

I just use google drive and imgur if i want to share the image somewhere.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Flickr? Stores full quality professional photos without compression (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Flickr? Stores full quality professional photos without compression (I think)
    There is some compression on flickr, but it certainly doesn't degrade image quality the way some other sites do (with thumbsnap and facebook for example its noticeable enough to annoy me).

MB
    the issue that i had with flickr was that i couldn't embed photos in to some of the forums i use. i know it should have been possible, but i tried every which way.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    the issue that i had with flickr was that i couldn't embed photos in to some of the forums i use. i know it should have been possible, but i tried every which way.
    I don't think the flickr mobile app gives links with embed codes, but its fairly straightforward from the website. Go to the photo, click the share button (arrow symbol, middle one of the 5 buttons lower right of photo), click 'BBcode' and copy the link (you can also select different sizes to link). Maybe some forums block hotlinking, but I haven't come across one myself that it doesn't work on.

Here is an example:

Fallow Deer by Ben, on Flickr

MB
    cheers ben. it was some specific forums, so they may have been blocking it for whatever reason.

MB
    if anyone else reading wants to post pictures from photobucket, they changed things around a few months ago. click on the "insert image" button on the repiy bar and copy the "Direct" sharing code in to it. it used to be simper, but hey ho.

Name:  HuntingDuck1_zpsk06qg7bl.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  563.2 KB