Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Poachers Facebook Page

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marton
    Posts
    23

    Poachers Facebook Page

    Hi everyone, Im sick of all the reports of poaching and illegal hunting in the media etc lately. As a 100% by the rules hunter I get a little pissed when these dicks make life hard for all the rest. Im in Marton so I've started a facebook page that may help? Its called "Rangitikei Poacher Watch". Poaching around here is huge and I have heard many stories of it from local farmers etc. I myself have run into Hunters in Santoft while I been on a ballot hunt. Makes me sick. Im hoping to build up a group of good guys, that my put the squeeze on these dick heads.
    I hope I've posted this in the right section.
    Cheers
    Brad
    199p, gadgetman, EeeBees and 5 others like this.

  2. #2
    SiB
    SiB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Invercargill
    Posts
    1,575
    A picture tells a 1000 words. I always take pics of any vehicles parked near me when on public land, and have taken discreet pics of the hunters on one occasion.

    I do it cos my vehicle was tampered w one time

    Down South we have a cop who's got a dedicated responsibility for poaching in the region. We can pass all info directly to him

    So that would be my suggestion; talk to the police about who their liaison is for your concerns
    Dougie likes this.

  3. #3
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    3,241
    Good idea mate, can't hurt to publicize the fact we are taking note of these guys
    199p likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  4. #4
    Member samba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    273
    Good on ya BBBRAD one of the biggest poachers in the area is on the page will fill ya in next time I see u

  5. #5
    Member samba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    Good on ya BBBRAD one of the biggest poachers in the area is on the page will fill ya in next time I see u
    two of them now

  6. #6
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,419
    Good idea, but be carefull of calling people `poachers` Apparently a specific set of circumstances needs to be in place for them to earn that title.
    I hate semantics
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  7. #7
    Member Rock river arms hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,274
    Same deal down here in Te Anau, 2 locals fucked the access up the Upukeroa and have ruined it even for fishermen and off-roaders for using the queens chain. I'm of the same opinion as ya mate not to worry!

  8. #8
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,562
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    Good on ya BBBRAD one of the biggest poachers in the area is on the page will fill ya in next time I see u

    This is the sort of thing that will stem from it. Good idea in theory but youre really just letting "unlawfull hunters" know whos looking for them, where, and when.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    909
    Make sure you back up your words in the field. Mistaken allegations can be painful.Some one was upended once from a very high bridge in HB by a very large irate hunter.Many moons back but it does happen.

  10. #10
    Member tararua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Horowhenua
    Posts
    198
    I have won the sambar ballot for some coastal manawatu ballot block later this month.

    It pisses me off that a guy I know poaches up these blocks. He poached up a sambar hind not long ago and ruined the fawn's chance at survival. He brags about how he goes to the sambar forestry blocks all the time without a ballot.

    Worst thing is this cunt has a chiller in his driveway, and is doing a messy job of processing animals then selling the meat for his own gain.

    I am qualified at butchering sheep, at the plant we would get a clean carcass in a cold as fuck chiller (because meat freezes at less than 0 degrees) overnight. Next day it would get processed and packaged, then true frozen -16 degrees for storage/shipping. The meat 'ages' in the packet.

    I went round to his place to see what he was doing and help, he told me his fingertips get sore from pulling hides (what a pansy). And these 5 fallow carcasses had in there were stored at 4 degrees for 10 days. This guy has skin on, bladders and bits of the ring still in, guts popped, lungs and throat in, shit everywhere, chilled at 4 degrees for 10 days. And he sells it all, no taxes, no food safety cert, ZERO meat processing skills. Billions of bacteria included. Has made several people I know sick from eating his meat.

    This guy really pisses me off.

  11. #11
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    I have won the sambar ballot for some coastal manawatu ballot block later this month.

    It pisses me off that a guy I know poaches up these blocks. He poached up a sambar hind not long ago and ruined the fawn's chance at survival. He brags about how he goes to the sambar forestry blocks all the time without a ballot.

    Worst thing is this cunt has a chiller in his driveway, and is doing a messy job of processing animals then selling the meat for his own gain.

    I am qualified at butchering sheep, at the plant we would get a clean carcass in a cold as fuck chiller (because meat freezes at less than 0 degrees) overnight. Next day it would get processed and packaged, then true frozen -16 degrees for storage/shipping. The meat 'ages' in the packet.

    I went round to his place to see what he was doing and help, he told me his fingertips get sore from pulling hides (what a pansy). And these 5 fallow carcasses had in there were stored at 4 degrees for 10 days. This guy has skin on, bladders and bits of the ring still in, guts popped, lungs and throat in, shit everywhere, chilled at 4 degrees for 10 days. And he sells it all, no taxes, no food safety cert, ZERO meat processing skills. Billions of bacteria included. Has made several people I know sick from eating his meat.

    This guy really pisses me off.
    You aren't doing anyone a favour by not potting him. Is there a discrete way that you could get his home "kill and sell" closed down? PM me his name and details even, I will get him dealt to in a legal manner so long as what you say he is doing is provable and real. I have no reason to doubt you though.
    This sort of shit really does have to be stopped.

  12. #12
    Member ROKTOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    1,215
    Tararua, A guy like that needs to be stopped, or at the least educated so he is operating safely and legally.
    Feral likes this.

  13. #13
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    3,241
    Not hard to put a stop to that mate. MPI take these sorts of things quite seriously.
    BRADS and Feral like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  14. #14
    Member samba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    You aren't doing anyone a favour by not potting him. Is there a discrete way that you could get his home "kill and sell" closed down? PM me his name and details even, I will get him dealt to in a legal manner so long as what you say he is doing is provable and real. I have no reason to doubt you though.
    This sort of shit really does have to be stopped.
    Does his first name start with S ???

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    This guy has skin on, bladders and bits of the ring still in, guts popped, lungs and throat in, shit everywhere, chilled at 4 degrees for 10 days. And he sells it all, no taxes, no food safety cert, ZERO meat processing skills. Billions of bacteria included. Has made several people I know sick from eating his meat.
    Based on that description, 100% illegal. And as easy prosecution. Question is, will he stop ? A lot of drink drivers don't.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook
    By moonhunt in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2014, 08:18 AM
  2. Dan Hardy Facebook give away
    By mcche171 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-05-2014, 08:32 PM
  3. Fucked up video on facebook
    By Bavarian_Hunter in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-03-2014, 02:06 PM
  4. How stuped can you be ( facebook link )
    By 199p in forum Firearm Safety
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!