Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: police pursuit and shooting at cops

police pursuit and shooting at cops

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12206648

I just read the bit where the cops believe they were shot at so they immediately stopped the pursuit.

Wow, that is a nice message to send to the scum.

Shit, when my job gets hard, I still have to do it. Those cops should be smacked on the hand for not following the pricks.
    Use enough gun

ummmmm WHY???? If they did and someone got hit in the crossfire the lynch mob would be screaming for blood for police not stopping.If they confirmed it was true and shots hit cop car and they took action and nailed the perps then the lynch mob would be screaming police brutality,if we got real and backed our boys n girls in blue to the hilt they would be able to do the shitty job they are asked to do without having to 2nd guess themselves all day and night(note it was 1am)..maybe they had rego and the car is known to belong to someone they regularly talk to....pop around tomorrow with the AOS and have a wee chat MIGHT be a safer/wiser option perhaps???
    tetawa, timattalon and dannyb like this.

It’s in a city so I can understand why they called off the chase. Like where are those rounds going to end up? Killing an innocent bystander! Some poor sole lying in bed gets it I think they did the right thing, they will most probably get them in the end.
    I’d hate to have to tell someone’s next of kin sorry we wanted to get them and it was just bad luck.
    I do get the other message though but we have it in our code don’t we.....identify your firing zone!
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Doesn’t the police helicopter have Exocets??
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Doesn’t the police helicopter have Exocets??
    The Exocet is a French manufactured aircraft launched anti-ship missile. From memory, it homes in on the electronic emissions from warships, i.e. the control centre / electronic warfare compartment. Herein lies the problem with your suggestion, which police would have been aware of, that certain individuals have insufficient brain activity for an Exocet to lock on to.

I'm also with the cops in calling it off, or at least not following too close. Any shooting in a built up zone is dangerous. I also do not think cops should use rifles, but shotguns. Much easier to check your firing zone with shotguns. Rifles on the other hand shoot through too much stuff, and when shot over the top of barriers their bullets can kill several K's away.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    ummmmm WHY???? If they did and someone got hit in the crossfire the lynch mob would be screaming for blood for police not stopping.If they confirmed it was true and shots hit cop car and they took action and nailed the perps then the lynch mob would be screaming police brutality,if we got real and backed our boys n girls in blue to the hilt they would be able to do the shitty job they are asked to do without having to 2nd guess themselves all day and night(note it was 1am)..maybe they had rego and the car is known to belong to someone they regularly talk to....pop around tomorrow with the AOS and have a wee chat MIGHT be a safer/wiser option perhaps???
    I think it sends a message to anyone with low enough morals that to fire a few shots off and the cops will most likely abandon the chase. giving em time to hide the stash and guns etc.
    Those cops could have at least tried to follow from a distance (maybe they did that, and the reporting is bad?)
    Anyway, i think they should not abandon chases at all. Ram them off a cliff or some other safe place.
    Use enough gun

maybe the cop chopper can carry a few of theseName:  anvil.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  40.7 KB lot cheaper than the Exoxet a 'dumb missile' for a 'dumb target'
    Use enough gun

@40mm, you really need to talk to someone about your anger... (-:

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    maybe the cop chopper can carry a few of theseAttachment 105706 lot cheaper than the Exoxet a 'dumb missile' for a 'dumb target'
    you need to change your name to wile. e. coyote
    Steve123, 40mm and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @40mm, you really need to talk to someone about your anger... (-:
    Im happy enough, would be happier if I had a few spare anvils.....
    Use enough gun

many moons ago when my hair was long and not grey....... the police werent allowed to pursue vechiles going faster than 115kmph....it became a game of taunt the copper,zooming past at 120kmph...we were young , dumb and full of come.... now if you fired shots at coppers expecting them to abandon chase and had picked the wrong copper in a bad mood you might just end up dead..I haer what you are saying but still believe given current situation with cardigan wearing bra burning hand wringers around they did the correct thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    maybe the cop chopper can carry a few of theseAttachment 105706 lot cheaper than the Exoxet a 'dumb missile' for a 'dumb target'
    Name:  concrete bomb.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  8.1 KB

Or these. Higher hit probability, same Wiley E Coyote feel to them.
    Micky Duck and 40mm like this.

Banned
    How long would it take the police helicopter to fly from Auckland to Christchurch?

Would the chase still be going?
    Maca49 likes this.

or as was said earlier...follow to home and send in the AOS....

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    many moons ago when my hair was long and not grey....... the police werent allowed to pursue vechiles going faster than 115kmph....it became a game of taunt the copper,zooming past at 120kmph...we were young , dumb and full of come.... now if you fired shots at coppers expecting them to abandon chase and had picked the wrong copper in a bad mood you might just end up dead..I haer what you are saying but still believe given current situation with cardigan wearing bra burning hand wringers around they did the correct thing.
    Yeah I suppose they might have done the technically correct thing.... but still would like to see dirty harry meet some of those clowns
    Use enough gun