Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Police Searching Properties Without a Search Warrant. Find AR15

Banned

Police Searching Properties Without a Search Warrant. Find AR15

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...taken-identity

Woman tries to stash semi-automatic rifle in case of mistaken identity

Her big mistake was clambering over fences with a semi-automatic rifle after spotting police in the neighbourhood.

She thought the cops were after her. They weren't - well, not to begin with.

Hamilton police have recovered a powerful AR15 rifle after a neighbour saw the woman scale the fence and thought that looked dodgy.

The "advantageous" discovery at the back of a garage in Bader on Friday was a complete coincidence, Waikato police Senior Sergeant Simon Cherry said.

Police, acting on a tipoff, had gone to an Odette Street residence around 8am looking for a wanted criminal, he said.

But a 21-year-old woman spotted the officers and panicked.

"A woman living nearby thought they were looking for her and going to call at her house.

"She jumped the fence of her house and tried to hide the rifle."

A neighbour saw the woman clambering over fences clinging to a "package".

Thinking "what's this woman doing in the backyard", the resident phoned police, Cherry said.

"Police were in the area already and began searching for a suspicious-looking female."

Officers found the woman around the Richardson Road-Odette Street area and after speaking with the informant, began looking for the package.

"Staff made a search and found the AR15 rifle behind a garage of an adjacent property."

It appeared the woman was trying remove the rifle from her own home and hide it from police, Cherry said.

Officers are looking into where the semi-automatic rifle came from. It was found in a case with no ammunition or magazine, but set to fire mode.

"It was very advantageous to be able to get the gun off the street and out of the hands of potential organised crime."

The 21-year-old woman was arrested and was due to appear in Hamilton District Court on Friday afternoon.

- Stuff
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    "It was very advantageous to be able to get the gun off the street and out of the hands of potential organised crime."
    I love the implication that it was recovered from an obviously disorganised crime.
    stingray, chainsaw and Cordite like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Oh dear , it was set to ;fire mode;, that must be very dangerous
    gadgetman, mikee, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin358 View Post
    Indeed. I was trying to figure out what this comment means.......More media "don't know sh_t" comment?

On the upside, glad to see another crim has had their firearm seized. Now to see her get more than a stern talking to. An actual punishment for illegal possession, perhaps???

Indeed. I was trying to figure out what this comment means.......More media "don't know sh_t" comment?

On the upside, glad to see another crim has had their firearm seized. Now to see her get more than a stern talking to. An actual punishment for illegal possession, perhaps???

especially if there was a fire ban!!!

I wonder what the reported would have made of this
    Name:  156y42x.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  20.9 KB
    Last edited by mikee; 19-01-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    stingray, planenutz and outlander like this.

I took a shot at a goat with mine the other day. Didnt realise it was set to fire mode *poof*.......barbecued him on the spot........very dangerous in these dry conditions.
    outlander likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    especially if there was a fire ban!!!
    The fact it can't go to safe if uncooked doesn't mean anything?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Bus driver
    Anybody would think you “were”in the states.......just shows you the depth of the issue in good ol Kiwi ay

Four AR15 rifles – a semi-automatic weapon synonymous with American mass shootings – have been seized in a police raid in West Auckland.

Four hundred rounds of ammunition, two kilograms of methamphetamine and about $2.5 million in cash have also been seized from the Te Atatu Peninsula address.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Anybody would think you “were”in the states.......just shows you the depth of the issue in good ol Kiwi ay

Four AR15 rifles – a semi-automatic weapon synonymous with American mass shootings – have been seized in a police raid in West Auckland.

Four hundred rounds of ammunition, two kilograms of methamphetamine and about $2.5 million in cash have also been seized from the Te Atatu Peninsula address.
    The four AR15's found were E cat. Were they registered? If registers didn't stop that wht the fuck do they want to register Acat's?
    outlander likes this.

It may be a very wrong thought but why the fuck am I slaving my arse off doing 50hr weeks and these arseclowns are sitting on 2.5mill ?
    Maca49, Boaraxa, Tommy and 4 others like this.

Bet she will get the damp bus ticket.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It may be a very wrong thought but why the fuck am I slaving my arse off doing 50hr weeks and these arseclowns are sitting on 2.5mill ?
    By working your arse of for fifty hours per week you can hold your head up and look everyone in the eye and say "I earned my money honestly and didn't trash anybodies life doing it."
    I would hope you can anyway. I know I can.
    Savage1, kiwijames, mikee and 6 others like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Bet she will get the damp bus ticket.
    Just laugh @300CALMAN, but have YOU ever been on the receiving end of a damp bus ticket?!? They slap it down REAL hard on you!

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post

These lovely people should have the death sentence, just as they were inflicting on their victims! When will we harden up to this type of crime?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough