Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Police siezed firearms

Police siezed firearms

Mass shooting in New Zealand 'inevitable' without action on gun laws, MPs warned | Stuff.co.nz

There are some nice looking firearms there which got me wondering what they do with them, anyone know?
    Do they auction they to licenced folk or the like?
    "speak softly, and carry a big stick."

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    Mass shooting in New Zealand 'inevitable' without action on gun laws, MPs warned | Stuff.co.nz

There are some nice looking firearms there which got me wondering what they do with them, anyone know?
    Do they auction they to licenced folk or the like?
    Nope. They meet with a gas axe and then the shredder

Here we go again " military assault grade aks and m16s" a new category of sensationalised firearm.
    If they were pink instead of black im sure they would be safer.
    Im sure police stats show that firearm relatd crime has dropped over the last few years, and a register will only get the law abiding on it, once again imposing more daft restrictions on those who do the right thing while completly missing the target once again. BOLLOCKS!

I can't believe what a fucking idiot O'Connor is
    veitnamcam, tetawa, bully and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Here we go again " military assault grade aks and m16s" a new category of sensationalised firearm.
    If they were pink instead of black im sure they would be safer.
    Im sure police stats show that firearm relatd crime has dropped over the last few years, and a register will only get the law abiding on it, once again imposing more daft restrictions on those who do the right thing while completly missing the target once again. BOLLOCKS!
    I honestly believe the compliance for full registration would be dismal.
    Steve123 likes this.

I'll just copy and paste my comment from the "Things you really hate thread" here:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The two people in this article really do my head in. It's as if they are both craving a self-fulfilling prophecy in order to lend credence to their anti-firearm agenda.
    WallyR likes this.

Why are 50cals suddenly in the spotlight, maybe thats what the knobs in CHCH running around robbing dairys were carrying.....

As an aside from that, what sort of vests do the Police have anyway? Seems that you need a pretty high spec one to stop a 308 so I would assume most of the magnum cartridges would go through one?

I was skipping over the content of the article, I'm of the opinion that we should be looking at why people want to go on a mass shooting, not what they are doing it with. There is a deeper underlying issue than gun control.

I just want a sweet AR15 for cheap
    gadgetman likes this.
    "speak softly, and carry a big stick."

It's so painful when it is obvious that the people orchestrating this don't really know what they are talking about, eg the bullet proof vest comment, but you just know that those listening will ignore our submissions.
    bully likes this.

Aren't the police vests protection against stabbing rather than being shot?
    A moot point regarding legal firearm ownership of any caliber.
    veitnamcam and tetawa like this.

Seems like gun grabbsrs want to disarm the populace. Doesn't matter what flag. The Democrats are tyring to do the same here. We're sitting bricks if Hillary wins.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    Seems like gun grabbsrs want to disarm the populace. Doesn't matter what flag. The Democrats are tyring to do the same here. We're sitting bricks if Hillary wins.
    Probably tied in with the collapse of currencies. The Robber Barron's want feudalism their way not ours.

Your gun lobby has traction and political power though. The right to bear arms is a cornerstone of your constitution, put there i believe so the populace of the newly free colony could defend themselves from any government if it got a bit "uppity". You'd probably have a civil war if something like that was tried.
    Here we have no legally established inalienable right to bear arms, we also have no well organised and politically endorsed shooters rights organisation, so are at the mercy of the sheep. Who listen to the sensationalist crap spouted by a few rabidly anti gun individuals who get media coverage cause fact and reason dont make a good story.

"Right wing extremists and terrorists".... Pretty sure those wombles in the Urerewas were leftists but there you go.

As for the "professor", what a quivering idiot.
    res and Skatieguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Your gun lobby has traction and political power though. The right to bear arms is a cornerstone of your constitution, put there i believe so the populace of the newly free colony could defend themselves from any government if it got a bit "uppity". You'd probably have a civil war if something like that was tried.
    Here we have no legally established inalienable right to bear arms, we also have no well organised and politically endorsed shooters rights organisation, so are at the mercy of the sheep. Who listen to the sensationalist crap spouted by a few rabidly anti gun individuals who get media coverage cause fact and reason dont make a good story.
    Meh.... the following States and Territories are going nuts on gun banning.

California, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Northern Marianas Islands, and of course they're salivating at packing the Supreme Court.

You guys and South Africa has better gun laws than some US States.

They are looking at the long haul. Door to door confiscation isn't their goal. They're doing it generationally. Continue bans with no grandfather clause. No legal ability to pass down banned items. Within 50 years, California and Massachusetts for the most part will be gun free.

Our Constitution doesn't mean anything when the public continues to vote in those that violate it.
    sometimes, keneff and Knoxy_09 like this.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.