Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Christchurch confiscation theatre:

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police victory

7 11.86%
  • Police getting shown the middle finger

52 88.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Poll: CHC Confiscation - How will it pan out?

Poll: CHC Confiscation - How will it pan out?

A test awaits this nation. A precedent has been set:

* Those that have committed no crime can be punished
    * Individual property rights can be violated at the stroke of administrator's pen

It is clear that the first confiscation event in Christchurch has been deliberately staged there for no reason other than political theatre. Do you think affected people in this country will simply go quietly into the night because they lead a comfortable existence and don't understand or care about the violations they're suffering or,

Will they defy the government because they didn't do anything wrong. Vetted by the same people that would throw the book at you if you lost a firearm, yet store firearms insecurely themselves and suffer no consequences when they are stolen?
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-07-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Don't do many polls, am asking a mod to reduce open period to 2 days.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

ebf
    How do you define "victory" ?

I suspect both sides will claim success...
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and OPS-4 like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

As the police have no idea of the number of firearms, it’d be bloody hard to prove success, or otherwise.
    Regardless of the numbers, I suspect they’ll try to put a positive spin on it.
    Be interesting to see how the media spin it, seems to me that they’re beginning to be a bit more critical of the whole process.
    About bloody time someone looked at the whole debacle with a critical eye ( other than firearms owners, that is )
    dogmatix and Wirehunt like this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Doesn't matter how it goes. Even if heaps of people turn up no one worth a grain of salt is going to believe anything the Police come up with numbers-wise, they've cocked up the count from 1-11 (-3, +2 = 1 still outstanding???) so I cannot understand how people expect anything sensible out of them come Sat. The scariest thing is that some people are going to apply to challenge the compensation and they are going to hand over complete firearms for storage while the tribunal polishes it's collective nails. What could go wrong?
    gadgetman and Dago like this.

Yep if the turnout is crap they will just claim " Even 1 more dangerous weapon off the streets is making society a safer place"
    Wirehunt and Dago like this.

Agree with everything said pretty much. An echo chamber! @northdude

We are on a hiding to nothing. No matter the turnout and result this weekend (tomorrow especially), it will portrayed as a win for Police and the Government.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Bus driver
    I believe they are testing their and our resolve....they have no idea how this is going to turn out and “hope” the firearms owners will come to their senses and do the right thing.This will be of interest to all of us ,a non showing or big showing will be the catalyst for the next confiscation.
    Maca49 and Dago like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

hopefully with the articles on tv1 news over the last 2 nights people wont go and will wait to see the legal challenges go through first.
    A330driver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    I believe they are testing their and our resolve....they have no idea how this is going to turn out and “hope” the firearms owners will come to their senses and do the right thing.This will be of interest to all of us ,a non showing or big showing will be the catalyst for the next confiscation.
    i am hoping firearms holders have come to their senses too....................
    trouble is my idea of that is the complete polar opposite of the bluebellies and "im after your stash" Nashs' idea

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Rushy being the sly prick he is will wait until he knows the result before casting his vote. That way the $1.50 each way he put down with the bookie will pay back more than what no one will pay him for his AR15 magazine holders.
    Steve123 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

It's C-Day today folks, me and a buddy are heading over to Ricarton Race course pub @ 11:00, see you there.
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.

If this turns into a disaster for the Govt. And police, expect a large step up in visitations and hardline from the police! I don’t think it will be nice, losing face is not on their agenda!! They are way out of control with few restraints on their behaviour.
    Wirehunt, outlander and Dago like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    How do you define "victory" ?

I suspect both sides will claim success...
    Well I guess a good start would be seeing whether police actually receive the number of firearms that they claim are scheduled to be confiscated?
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Dawn raids i think would be an even bigger blunder that would swing public opinion the other way. Remember No one has to do anything till december possibly longer as they started this countdown before all the options they discussed were finalised. Pushing for a reset till the dealer and gunsmith options are finalised should be a starting point along with scrapping the tiered payment scheme and forking out full value.
    Wirehunt and Maca49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    For my part,I am hoping that the State will come to its senses,and do the right thing......
    Maca49 and A330driver like this.