Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Poor BeeMan. No hunting. No fishing.

That's great.
    Hard work but bee keepers get to suss out some great hunting spots. So there is an upside

I had a lot to do with the bee industry for a while and might have even met you BeeMan.

I facilitated the creation of the Varroa buffer zone across the NI for MAF.
    BeeMan and dannyb like this.

.243 addict
    ..Caught this aerial acrobat eating my stock. Look closely in its mandibles. Name:  Dragonfly .jpg
Views: 131
Size:  2.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BeeMan View Post
    ..Caught this aerial acrobat eating my stock. Look closely in its mandibles. Attachment 97821
    Far out, that's amazing !! I never would have guessed. No wonder they call them Dragons !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

.243 addict
    .. Jeez @Tahr I been looking for you for 17 years. I voted to eradicate all bees North of Te Puke. You owe me $510,000, that's just for control products, I wont include vehicle running costs or wages, only want to hurt you not kill you. Time has taken its toll on me, I have grey hair, need glasses and can't run as fast as I used to, I have also become more accepting, and probably learn to forgive you someday. You could most likely speed the process up by recommending a good Chamois block for me.
    Mooseman and kukuwai like this.

.. Jeez @Tahr I been looking for you for 17 years. I voted to eradicate all bees North of Te Puke. You owe me $510,000, that's just for control products, I wont include vehicle running costs or wages, only want to hurt you not kill you. Time has taken its toll on me, I have grey hair, need glasses and can't run as fast as I used to, I have also become more accepting, and probably learn to forgive you someday. You could most likely speed the process up by recommending a good Chamois block for me.
    I went into hiding soon after and took on the Tahr non-de-plume. This is sort of my coming out I'm 70 now so maybe its time for you to let it go so I can resume my full identity again and enjoy my last few years without living in fear

p.s. I get my chamois from the Warehouse.
    stingray, Mooseman, BeeMan and 1 others like this.

She's all on alright @BeeMan won't Bee long before you can pick up your 260 and level a nice eater for the freezer, maybe this weekend if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I went into hiding soon after and took on the Tahr non-de-plume. This is sort of my coming out I'm 70 now so maybe its time for you to let it go so I can resume my full identity again and enjoy my last few years without living in fear

p.s. I get my chamois from the Warehouse.
    @ Tahr, I think the South Island Chamois look better on the wall than a warehouse model.

if you selling the stuff at anywhere near the prices they talking about on the news....you will be able to buy as many meat animals as you desire!!!!!

You fellas see that news article...

$1800 for

250grams of "ultra manuka honey" 28+ and it comes with a 'rose gold' spoon FFS!!

Aimed at the tourist market, bit like a fine wine apparently.

The reporter tryed some and she thought it was....wait for it...yum

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bet its not as good as my mates rata stuff ay @kotuku. way cheaper too
    For that price it would want to block out radiation from a nuclear blast

@BeeMan what is the low down on the over priced healthy honey at supermarkets, health shops and souvenir shops?
    Mate has a hobby hive in Tauranga. His honey always tastes the best

What’s with the sleeves rolled up?

.243 addict
    Yep @sako75 you probably find that all the over priced healthy honey has been fine pressure filtered and heat treated or pasteurised to remove or kill any pollen particles. They are super healthy,hahaha ur only paying for healthy. Marketing bullshit. The healthiest tastiest honey is from your mate or me. Sleeves up and work in shorts and jandles some days, bloody hot in the monkey suit, when the honey flow is on the bees are quiet and gentle as lambs as long as you don't kick them or swear at them.

... This cutie No. 69 cost me $2500. Artificially inseminated breeder queen.Attachment 97794.. 35 odd years beekeeping I still find them fascinating and I'm still passionate with my work.
    im guessing you need a really small AI technician to get a hand up her bum?
    #27GANG

@Sideshow, we can pick them up from early evening when the day temp has dropped, cold or wet days hardly any bees fly and all night we are able to move them. We lightly smoke the entrances which quietens the bees, we leave the trucks running as the gentle vibration also keeps them calm. No need to block them in, 60,000 + bees in a hive need ventilation. Also I breed Italian bees for there quiet temperament. Probably would not loose more than a couple dozen bees a move. 4,320,000 a truck load.
    Shit don't crash anyone attending the will not be impressed with your 4320,000 little buddy's try to help you out
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along

Beeware folks, I think Beeman is just a little bit crazy. We were having a cup of tea at his place and he says lets go get some pollen. So off we go and start stealing pollen from some of his hives. No suits , no protection of any sort. And I am fare crapping myself, while he is catching bees by the wings to show me. He did mention a couple of times that I looked nervous too. Fascinating afternoon really though.
    If things get too serious Beeman, I could look after your boat for you.
    Mooseman, BeeMan and Mrs Beeman like this.
    Overkill is still dead.