Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve123
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By 7mmwsm
  • 1 Post By stretch

Thread: Powers out

Powers out

The powers dropped a phase in what used to be called Franklin. How do I make latte on a BBQ?
    Pengy likes this.

with a sachet...like some of us do while out hunting .

Hope you get some compensation! Their line charges are a joke!
    Boaraxa likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    The powers dropped a phase in what used to be called Franklin. How do I make latte on a BBQ?
    You could always rub 2 sticks together.

Or I could export to you some Waikato (not to be confused with another product with a similar first name) Power over.

Strangely we seem to get more power cuts than most but nothing in the last 24 hrs which seem to have been the worst of it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Hope you get some compensation! Their line charges are a joke!
    He doesn't care about costs. He wants a latte.
    Maca49 likes this.

Lost power 9pm last night till 5.45am this morning. Some other locals didn't get it back on till late this afternoon

We're still waiting. Have lights in some rooms and power points in others. Lucky the pump still goes

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

We're still waiting. Have lights in some rooms and power points in others. Lucky the pump still goes

Are you on 3-phase?
    Maca49 likes this.

Ahhh the joys of a Woodstove and a stove top espresso machine. As long as I have firewood, beans and water I have coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Are you on 3-phase?
    Must be. Could be worse. Some better than none.

Need to beware in a situation like this. Living in the country I have twice experienced a "partial power failure"
    Some lights working but just glowing. It happened with me with a 3 phase supply coming into the house with HWS on one phase and the other circuits spread across the other 2 phases. If one primary (HV) phase to your supply transformer is lost you can still get output from the secondary of the transformer but at reduced voltage on one phase. If that phase supplies your fridge, pump etc they will not start but will sit with reduced voltage on them and could burn out. The power supply authority's response will be "claim thru your insurance". If I get the reduced voltage situation I make sure I turn off appliances on the affected phase just to be safe. As I said has happened twice over a period of many years so not common - usually lose all power.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Need to beware in a situation like this. Living in the country I have twice experienced a "partial power failure"
    Some lights working but just glowing. It happened with me with a 3 phase supply coming into the house with HWS on one phase and the other circuits spread across the other 2 phases. If one primary (HV) phase to your supply transformer is lost you can still get output from the secondary of the transformer but at reduced voltage on one phase. If that phase supplies your fridge, pump etc they will not start but will sit with reduced voltage on them and could burn out. The power supply authority's response will be "claim thru your insurance". If I get the reduced voltage situation I make sure I turn off appliances on the affected phase just to be safe. As I said has happened twice over a period of many years so not common - usually lose all power.
    We seem too get this quite a lot lately. Normally gets fixed faster but they are a bit busy.
    Atleast the HWC pump and freezers are still going.
    Still beats living in town though. Just pissed we didn't get to be Waikato when they fucked everything up.

We seem too get this quite a lot lately. Normally gets fixed faster but they are a bit busy.
    Atleast the HWC pump and freezers are still going.
    Still beats living in town though. Just pissed we didn't get to be Waikato when they fucked everything up.

Ha ha no matter in your case if you ended up north or just south of Len's border you would probably still be part of the Counties Power network. They maintain a reasonable network, far better than some others who have vast numbers of rotten poles all waiting to topple in storms.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Ha ha no matter in your case if you ended up north or just south of Len's border you would probably still be part of the Counties Power network. They maintain a reasonable network, far better than some others who have vast numbers of rotten poles all waiting to topple in storms.
    Yeah counties are good just a tad busy. It's the whole being lumped into Len Land that sucks.