Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Prayers and Best Wishes From USA

Prayers and Best Wishes From USA

We Americans have you in our thoughts and prayers. You're a tough and resilient people who will rebuild.

I hope my friends here were not heavily impacted by the quake and are well and safe.

Kindest Regards,
    Bruce
    Hunt with Class and Classics

Thanks

Thanks @luv2safari.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Hope you guys do well. I'm.about as far away as can be but I have problem helping. Let me know what you need and if I can't get it I'll find out someone that can get it to you.
    gadgetman, Pengy, Scouser and 1 others like this.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.

Disregard the original post. Had typos.... fixed.it in the quote box.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    Hope you guys do well. I'm about as far away as can be but I have no problem helping. Let me know what you need and if I can't get it I'll find out someone that can get it to you.
    Fixed what I was trying to say.
    veitnamcam likes this.

SiB
    Thank you!

The encouraging thing is our central and local infrastructure supports appear to be in place much quicker this time. Looks like our country did learn from the lessons of the Canterbury earthquake about six years ago!

Looters are hitting the headlines here; how would guys deal with them?
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Thank you!

The encouraging thing is our central and local infrastructure supports appear to be in place much quicker this time. Looks like our country did learn from the lessons of the Canterbury earthquake about six years ago!

Looters are hitting the headlines here; how would guys deal with them?

Long gun and a sidearm. Same way I deal with 'em stateside as a cop. Shoot the motherf#ckers that don't listen. Glocks and ARs are the universal translator. Every scumbag speaks 5.56.

I'm not kidding either. Gone through some looting during the hurricanes. Both as a civilian and a cop. Pointed my guns at looters plenty of times. Been on the two way range thanks to Uncle Sam.

Nothing keeps you safe like a strong offensive line. Stay safe, keep your powder dry.

Have lighting setup so you can ID. Practice noise and light discipline. If running a gennie keep it secured. Have someone on watch. Rotate your watch parties if possible. Get real friendly with the neighbors. Watch each other's back.

Long gun and a sidearm. Same way I deal with 'em stateside as a cop. Shoot the motherf#ckers that don't listen. Glocks and ARs are the universal translator. Every scumbag speaks 5.56.

I'm not kidding either. Gone through some looting during the hurricanes. Both as a civilian and a cop. Pointed my guns at looters plenty of times. Been on the two way range thanks to Uncle Sam.

Nothing keeps you safe like a strong offensive line. Stay safe, keep your powder dry.

Have lighting setup so you can ID. Practice noise and light discipline. If running a gennie keep it secured. Have someone on watch. Rotate your watch parties if possible. Get real friendly with the neighbors. Watch each other's back.
    You'd get locked up for that over here, there are some very big differences over here, you can't just shoot people that don't pose a threat to life.
    199p and bomber like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    You'd get locked up for that over here, there are some very big differences over here, you can't just shoot people that don't pose a threat to life.

Looting poses a threat to life in Florida. The law is written in a manner that states if a dwelling or business is occupied by the owner or legally authorized persons and a criminal invades said property. The State automatically assumes that said criminal is capable and able to inflict great bodily harm or death.

Our Castle Doctrine laws are no joke and we very much care and respect the premise of your home is your castles. Criminals are bad folks and if they're willing to loot and do home invasions; they're willing to hurt/kill you or worse. Hurt/kill your spouse and children.

Wow over here they are given a slap with a wet bus ticket, given a group hug, some KFC vouchers and sent on their way.
    The cops do their job and do it well. Just the judicial system is limp wristed when it goes to court

dirtyhabit and Miami_JBT like this.

Your way seems a bit over the top to me but in saying that, If we had that type of hard line in NZ I wonder if all these little F#@kwits would keep doing what they are doing??

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Your way seems a bit over the top to me but in saying that, If we had that type of hard line in NZ I wonder if all these little F#@kwits would keep doing what they are doing??
    They are still doing it in America aren't they?
    sako75, Pointer, kiwijames and 1 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    They are still doing it in America aren't they?
    Not in my neighborhood they aren't. After Hurricane Hermine, we had this place on lock down.

Not in my neighborhood they aren't. After Hurricane Hermine, we had this place on lock down.
    Awesome, that sounds like ideal living conditions No looters here but I cant leave my castle either