Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Queensland deer

Queensland deer

Was driving upfrom Brisbane to Gladstone a few evenings ago (on holiday hence lack of postings) and bugger me, saw a stag from the corner of my eye (I was driving) for a millisecond. We were between Bundaberg and Gladstone. Didnt look like a Red in the breif look I got so does anyone what would it might have been and are there many deer about in Queensland?? (The locals here in Gladstone dont seem to know what a deer is, or bush either despite the fact that most of them drive flash 4wds that look like they go to the carwash more often than up a track)
    akaroa1 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Was driving upfrom Brisbane to Gladstone a few evenings ago (on holiday hence lack of postings) and bugger me, saw a stag from the corner of my eye (I was driving) for a millisecond. We were between Bundaberg and Gladstone. Didnt look like a Red in the breif look I got so does anyone what would it might have been and are there many deer about in Queensland?? (The locals here in Gladstone dont seem to know what a deer is, or bush either despite the fact that most of them drive flash 4wds that look like they go to the carwash more often than up a track)
    Heaps of deer there. Used to drive between Caloundra and Chinchilla twice a week.
    Seen Fallow once but mostly reds.
    Never saw a Yowie unless one of the locals count.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Babinda,south of Cains has Rusa,with my own eyes,I was like
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Probably a Rusa mate, lots of them buggers around in Qld. Did it look like either the left hand one or the right hand one ? ( minus the xmas tinsel )

Name:  christmas deer.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  691.8 KB
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Brother in law sees a mob of reds every day at his work site only 15k's from Brisbane CBD!!

yep @muzza - the left hand one. At Proserpine this evening but no deer spotted today!

Definately a rusa then mate . Those three are all Queensland deer - the chital from further north .
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

@Tentman when are you getting to Canberra?

Thats an awesome Chital @muzza got a few more pics?
    #27GANG

Anyone done a guided hunt for chital? They have a really cool coat and antler structure

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Anyone done a guided hunt for chital? They have a really cool coat and antler structure
    Took a mate out here the other day and got onto a few deer. Hes gonna return the favour on some Chital next time im in Uruguay, cant wait because I always plan to do it when im there but have never got around to it. Couple of his recent ones:
    Name:  received_323483248264187.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  1.30 MB
    Name:  received_465902343940583.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  258.4 KB
    jakewire, tetawa, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    #27GANG

R93
    All going well I will be guiding on both chital and Rusa next year in nth Queensland.
    No go this year due to poaching.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Took a mate out here the other day and got onto a few deer. Hes gonna return the favour on some Chital next time im in Uruguay, cant wait because I always plan to do it when im there but have never got around to it. Couple of his recent ones:
    Attachment 106253
    Attachment 106254
    Is there any restrictions on foreigners going over there? I remember there was some Argentinian fella who guided a lot. He had some cool pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Is there any restrictions on foreigners going over there? I remember there was some Argentinian fella who guided a lot. He had some cool pics.
    No, you can hunt public land in Uruguay and Argentina although a lot of the good Chital are free range but on private land. In Uruguay they have a pretty good setup over there where all the public land is split into blocks, you can hunt year round but if you want to hunt a certain area you call the local council and "book" it for the day/s you want. This stops people shooting each other in the bush like the retards here as you always have your own area and the local council has a good idea of hunter numbers etc, you can only book a certain area a set amount of days per month to stop people hogging all the good blocks. Chital are fair game, Pampas deer are slowly recovering and although you can hunt them (on private land only) most farmers and landowners there respect the fact they are a recovering native population and they are not hunted much at all. They also have a small deer similar to a Roe deer which is abundant and aparently delicious but I have never eaten one. They have bloody massive pigs over there also.
    Argentina and Chile have good public land red deer hunting also.
    Russian 22. likes this.
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Attachment 106253
    Attachment 106254
    They prrruty....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk