Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree566Likes

Thread: Questions you've always wanted answered (maybe)??

Questions you've always wanted answered (maybe)??

I'm bored shitless so thought this would be a good way to kill time.

Now I'm not one to talk about terminal cancer and dying and shit cause its dumb but when people ask questions (which I know lots want to but wont) I will answer them.

So what do you guys wanna know? Anything at all if I know the answer or can put it in words and what not I'll try my best to answer them. I think kids are the best for asking cause they arent scared it will offend me which it doesnt but I understand how it will feel asking someone about it and such as an adult.

Anyway shoot!
    VIVA LA HOWA

You sleeping in a bed, on the floor or with Happy on Friday night?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

How cuddley is Happy?
    VIVA LA HOWA

What does chemo do? Does it hurt? How do they do it? Oh and youre a ballbag

Seriously I cannot put myself in your position, I do not want to as I don't know how I would cope and I'm 66. I feel bad thinking about you, your age and your situation. I think your strength is incredible, the way you have made your decision on treatment and how you have faced up. How do you cope with having to make those decisions and is it easier once you face up and get on with it? I'm looking forward to meeting you on the weekend!
    sako75 and mikee like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How cuddley is Happy?
    How the fuck would I know? Ask Rushy
    ebf, Pengy and Toby like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Well the first time I did chemo it was like 9-10months of it. 3 weeks on 2 weeks off. I can only remember 2 times I was ever in pain. Once because I got blocked up from pain meds and didnt shit for over a week and that is a really really sore pain and the other I forgot to take my meds with the chemo that fight the side effects.

So it seemed really easy tbh because the meds worked well for me. But the second time I had to go back earlier this year completely got to me. I didnt get out of bed for like 4 days I didnt eat for over a week and I was so tired and worn out I literally had no engery to talk. I just kinda "erppp" to talk.

I think over my time watching shit loads come and go it effects everyone in their own way. And the type of chemo too as its not like a single drug. I was on like 3 or 4 different types and there are heaps of others for different cancers. Bit funny that the shit can burn skin and such and they put it in ya body.

It goes through a drip bro. I had a port installed its like a thing in my chest they inserted that they can plug the iv lines directly too its painless saves the veins in ya arms. It was always out of the way so I could still do shit over the 9 months. For older folk they have lines sticking out of their neck
    Gibo likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

@Toby
    Is there any history of cancer in your family, or are you the first?
    Reason I ask is that my maternal Grandfather was diagnosed late in life with a type of bone cancer, and I wonder if genetics come into it.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I can see one bonus with treatment, presumably you dont have to shave ya ball bag anymore!

What is the difference between Radiation and Chemotherapy?

And how are you doing? still reasonably mobile?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Seriously I cannot put myself in your position, I do not want to as I don't know how I would cope and I'm 66. I feel bad thinking about you, your age and your situation. I think your strength is incredible, the way you have made your decision on treatment and how you have faced up. How do you cope with having to make those decisions and is it easier once you face up and get on with it? I'm looking forward to meeting you on the weekend!
    I normally cope quite well with it. I like to think Im a fairly logical person myself. When the doc told me I was terminal and had a few months I was like oh yeah sweet as then. Mum on the other hand was crying and didnt take it too well. As for the stopping chemo that was easy.

It was hell that time round and they already told me it wont add more to my given life frame but will keep me mobile longer. Well I figured why feel like shit for 5 months and not being able to do anything to die anyway when I can live life for 3 or 4 months happily. Easy choice that one.

I did do radation it was quite easy I liked it actually and it seems to have worked as I was actually meant to die like 2 months ago so Im doing alright.

I do get emotional sometimes like tonight for instants my nephew (5) asked why I havent died yet as he was told I didnt have long. It got to me tbh mainly cause it makes me remember I am missing out on seeing him grow up and life in general.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    @Toby
    Is there any history of cancer in your family, or are you the first?
    Reason I ask is that my maternal Grandfather was diagnosed late in life with a type of bone cancer, and I wonder if genetics come into it.
    Nah just a freak event. My type is generally people my age in a growth spurt and getting a knock. I met a girl who had it. She said she recalls a volly ball hitting her right where hers was. Im not 100% sure on the genetics of it though but no history of cancer in my family
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I can see one bonus with treatment, presumably you dont have to shave ya ball bag anymore!

What is the difference between Radiation and Chemotherapy?

And how are you doing? still reasonably mobile?
    Not too bad. Had a really bad wack of the flu over the last 2 weeks its really fucked me up. Not eating or anything no engery. Having massive back pains atm which is half due to putting my back out and because of tumors. Found a new tumor on my back yesterday night actually lol. Also have a massive lump on my neck but its a swollen gland. Anti biotics arent working so I have to get it drained which Im not looking forward too

Chemos like a drug that goes into your body radation is like a machine that shoots through your body. You get sunburn and so on from it but its fairly easy going.

Yes chemo is great losing ya hair. Honestly I loved having no hair on my ass
    veitnamcam, Carpe Diem and Cordite like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Are you at peace with everything Toby or are you/have you been fucking angry
    stumpy likes this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    Are you at peace with everything Toby or are you/have you been fucking angry
    Bit of both. 95% of the time Im cool with it shit happens cant do much about it but there are times where its like fuck you world why me. One thing that gets me is friends on fb complaining about the dumbest shit like its not even a problem but they act like its the end of the world. But I generally remind myself that just cause Im worse off than them doesnt make their issues any less valid

Most times when I get down about it its because I dont like the idea that Im missing out. Like no more shooting no more playing with my guns no more diving or fishing. No more taking mums car for a burn and stupid speeds and so on. That really gets me down knowing Im missing out but again just remind myself I'll be dead and wont know and its fine
    moonhunt, veitnamcam, NRT and 6 others like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ejected
    You on roids or anything to help you through? Did you have to get lots of lumber punctures? My mate is currently in remission and going through her last 9 months of treatment from leukemia.

Have you planned what you want done for your funeral? My father in law died on Friday and now we are trying to sort all that shit out and fuck its hard for her family, his death wasn't exactly a shock but still the little things like songs and memorial card photos make all the difference to their emotions.

Anything left you want to achieve?