Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reasonable or not?

Reasonable or not?

I bid on, and won, what I thought was a handheld radio. Reserve exceeded. Seller then emails me and says, quote " this item is worth more than your bid".
    I point out that winning bid exceeds reserve so tuff luck.
    Seller comes back saying that the auction was not actually for a radio at all, only the accessories.
    I emailed them 3 days ago saying that they cannot change the description after the event, and as one of their answers to a question on auction mentioned them having used the radio, I felt happy that the radio was included.

Uniden UH076SX-NB | Trade Me

TM have just emailed me to say the seller is looking for me to refund their success fee.
    What do you guys think ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

think i d be slightly "PISSED OFF"
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    think i d be slightly "PISSED OFF"
    As me or the seller ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

as you !! not getting what you where bidding for and then wanting you to pay back TM ffs btw give the seller a big angry face as well
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Did that already, along with an email telling them very politely to shove it up their bum
    veitnamcam and geezejonesy like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

ebf
    not reasonable at all, his/her other feedback not to flash either

tell em to shove the rough end of a pineapple up their bum
    Pengy likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

Yeah, I had noticed the poor feedback befor I bid, but thought "what the hell".
    Probably should have been a bit more guarded
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Poor form , look at there other feed back, trade me should delete them
    Put a mention in the boards on trade me and watch the vultures deal to him
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Seller allows pick ups...you may have jumped the gun with your emails...I am sure there would be a forum member in the bottom of the south who could have picked up for you...and had a little team talk...but that's what happens when dealing with the "I not speaky thee language" individuals...
    scottrods and Happy like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Given the title of the auction and the answer about the 'radio' it is reasonable to assume that the auction was for both the radio and the accessories were an added bonus. I'd be demanding that they complete the auction and hand over the radio.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I hear ya Rich, but cant be arsed to try and deal with ftards.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

P38
    Also make a complaint to Trade Me under the Fair Trading Act.

I.E. "Goods were not as described" and insist that the transaction is completed, if not completed then seek compensation for your loss from both Trade Me and the Seller.

I've had a few dollar reserves withdrawn lately by the seller a few minutes before the auction is due to expire even though the reserve has been met.

Have written to Trade Me on each occasion to complain but they don't give a Fu*k.

Just total time wasters.

Cheers
    Pete
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    Given the title of the auction and the answer about the 'radio' it is reasonable to assume that the auction was for both the radio and the accessories were an added bonus. I'd be demanding that they complete the auction and hand over the radio.
    One can demand all one wants but if they wont complete the trade there is little that can be done, apart from the negative feedback...which has been done.
    Pengy likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I bid on, and won,.............. Reserve exceeded. Seller then emails me and says, quote " this item is worth more than your bid". ....................TM have just emailed me to say the seller is looking for me to refund their success fee.
    What do you guys think ?
    A pity you sent an angry email, but I suggest you email TradeMe pointing out that the auction was for the radio, said so in the Heading, and the reserve was well and truly exceeded but now the seller will not deliver because he considers the radio is worth more than the winning bid........even although he is now claiming that the radio was not part of the auction?????Point out the 3 red freedbacks and ask that the seller be removed from Trademe and be sure to send a copy of the seller's email as well..
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

I havent got angry (yet), I simply pointed out what I see as a very poorly set up and run auction, and told the seller that no way do feel obliged to refund the sales fee.
    I have also informed TM of my thoughts which pretty much cover all that you mention above KS.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1