Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Responsible Kiwis

Responsible Kiwis

My wife came go me last night, put her arm around me and said the following: "no matter what shit we get dragged through and no matter what it costs us, I want you to go into politics. I want our daughter to have a future". What is a man to do?

Well, for starters, this place says no politics. We can discuss changing the leadership of this country without touching on politics. Politics is an insidious game that should be avoided.

It has come up in many threads lately. There is no one to vote for. You get two sides of the same coin and the all work on different aspects of the same agenda. There is only one political party, the rest is theater.

I ask the question, what makes Kiwis so responsible? Because we are. The answer is the same as a child, or an employee. Give them responsibility if you want them to be responsible. It is a show of respect and it will be returned in kind.

Have a look at those politician faces. Look at the faces of politicians and don't think about it for a second. How did they all end up looking like that? Ill health, primarily. Unsound bodies and unsound minds. Some are etched with deep anxiety, which frames their choices. Others reflect the drinking that cements their alliances. I am personally unfamiliar with both.

New Zealand traditionally had neither a left wing, nor right wing govt. Drunken anxiety riddled people did not last long in the pioneering days. When everyone was terrified of communism, what did New Zealand do? As the most libertarian, freedom loving country in the world (and thus "right wing") we said "You want to be communists? great, go build a commune" and we gave them land. Most burnt out, a few remain to this day. Those hippies will tell you that that breaking a community out of the bush changed them in ways they never imagined.

I always ask the question of people "why are things getting worse". The rhetoric often implies we are becoming better, yet the fears the have would indicate the opposite. Religion and politics is becoming more radical.

As we have seen in the language used against us, the fight is for control of the narrative. Whoever is the one controlling the flow of information controls the people.

Now there is one thing I really want to make clear. Planning is a form of madness. Central planning is madness of a grand scale. No plan ever went to plan on any large scale because you can not predict the weather, nor the behavior of people. People who plan obsessively fail, because the plan is only there to ease their anxiety, and every time the plan does not match reality, the anxiety rises and the need for the plan becomes stronger.

What you need is an objective. The objective dictates the outcome. The path to the objective wanders, but as long as you keep that in mind, you will get there.

I highlight how we shoot. Till I was 20, sighting in meant going out with a drench container or and A4 sheet of paper, putting a mark on it and if you hit the paper, you said "that will kill a deer" and you went home. That was the objective. The forum shifted the objective to a 1" group at the location you wanted it. We actually all got there in different ways, but the objective was set.

The current political plan seems to be to change the minds of all the people so we can have both voluntary poverty to prevent climate change, while simultaneously living with a mix of cultures and those cultures will miraculously start getting along for the first time ever, despite the self inflicted poverty. The only way these people have ever managed to change anyone's minds is by putting a bullet through them. The rising prosperity we have enjoyed for 300 years will be replaced with thought control and creative accounting. The political path we are on has a 100% failure rate. We do not need international standards here, the rest of the world should be copying our standards.

Now I proved with this forum that if given freedom, people behave better. Forums are usually tightly controlled and it is a 24/7 shitfight. Not this place. There are virtually no rules, yet because the members take responsibility for their own community, it is easily the worlds most harmonious forum. Egos come and go, but overall we tolerate each others differences and we are very clear with everyone where our boundaries are.

I stole this from our past as a country.
    Last edited by Tussock; 22-03-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Never met you Tussock.. most probably never will. Gotta say I like your style though. Keep at it brother. Set up a something for a change of ways m Ill back ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    40mm, outlander and Tussock like this.

Wow someone who might actually be worth voting for in the future!!!

But what about all those people who need people to tell them what to think and when to think it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post

Now I proved with this forum that if given freedom, people behave better. Forums are usually tightly controlled and it is a 24/7 shitfight. Not this place. There are virtually no rules, yet because the members take responsibility for their own community, it is easily the worlds most harmonious forum. Egos come and go, but overall we tolerate each others differences and we are very clear with everyone where our boundaries are.

I stole this from our past as a country.
    ...not shooting you down - I agree with a good chunk of what you have said...BUT: a forum is one thing - it's easier in some ways for people to get along because you aren't next to each other. It's different when your c#$^ of a neighbour has s$&% music blasting at 23:00 on a work night...a forum is easy to take a break from - aforementioned "c#$^ of a neighbour" is not...

That said - I encourage your venture into politics: plenty would berate & moan the current situation, few who have made an honest living throughout their lives would have the stones to actually have a go.
    40mm, outlander, Tussock and 1 others like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    But what about all those people who need people to tell them what to think and when to think it!!
    I'll be OK.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, outlander and Tussock like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Go for it. If Gareth Morgan and Dotcom can why not you.
    Will there be any freaky "this is the year zero" shit if you get in?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Tussock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I'll be OK.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Are you sure
    R93, outlander and Tussock like this.

Hi Tussock,

I meant to say in your "who are we" thread, you present yourself as a man of the land, but you've got the soul of a poet/philosopher. Now I might almost add prophet to that list. Go for it bro, at very least, you can't do a worse job that than the current bunch so there is no possibility of you failing. At best you might get this country back on it's feet.

I would add though that my suspicions are what we are seeing here is largely a rural/urban drift. I do not mean people living in these places, many of our hunters (rural people by nature) are living in a city. But the inner-city latte culture is becoming the dominant voice in NZ. "No one needs a semi automatic" being a perfect example from latte culture people who have never seen an injured rabbit running over the skyline. But the differences are far wider; our traditional number 8 wire culture has been replaced by office dwellers telling workers how to climb a ladder. Personal responsibility is relaxed in the interests of state intervention. I do though believe we can live with different cultures all contributing, as long as we appreciate our differences cannot be enforced on each other.
    veitnamcam, mikee, Pengy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Go for it. If Gareth Morgan and Dotcom can why not you.
    Will there be any freaky "this is the year zero" shit if you get in?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Vote for me and you will be voting for someone who has not watched the news since roughly 1999. I'm a bit vague on what you are talking about. I feel this is an advantage. It is also very difficult to make my life difficult because no one has any leverage over me. No debt, no fragile employment, no influential social groups.

I once started work in a Rendering. When I used to work in a Fellmongery I shared a smoko room with the rendering boys and I used to feel sick just looking at them. Covered from head to toe in degrading filth. I have a similar feeling this morning. I waded knee deep through rotten guts in that rendering, scooping it up with my hands and putting it in buckets as we spent 20 hours digging ten tons of it out of a stairwell by hand. We got it done.

I felt sick for the last few days, not because of the loss of my toys, but because of how we were attacked for something we did not do. That is deeply wrong.

the main reason that a lot of honest hard working people don't go into politics I believe is they see the childish behaviour and do as I say not as I do attitude from professional politicians that they don't want to be associated with them on a daily basis. am actually thinking that we need to start being part of the political spectrum soon before this country slides right down the crapper. I for one would support / become a member of a party that had realistic views and laws based on personal responsibility and personal accountability. go @Tussock.
    Snowgrass, john m, 40mm and 1 others like this.

@Tussock. All good except I don't agree with your idea that Quote:--"Now there is one thing I really want to make clear. Planning is a form of madness. Central planning is madness of a grand scale. No plan ever went to plan on any large scale because you can not predict the weather, nor the behavior of people. People who plan obsessively fail, because the plan is only there to ease their anxiety, and every time the plan does not match reality, the anxiety rises and the need for the plan becomes stronger.

What you need is an objective. The objective dictates the outcome. The path to the objective wanders, but as long as you keep that in mind, you will get there--."

Self reliant persons simultaneously create a plan with their objective; because they already know how to achieve it. But, id you want to traverse the Alps and you do not know the route, you are forced to plan. The plan then allows you to periodically review progress and position.
    Getting into politics or similar (like running a multi billion $$ economy / country) requires the means to reach the intended objective. may financial backers or other type backers (like voters) need to see a plan simply because they do not easily see the means of reaching the objective as you do, nor the risks and blockages and saboteurs.
    I reckon that campfire session your thinking about might be the go initially.
    gadgetman likes this.

I think you have 200K +/- of votes at your command. You need Shanes job!!
    40mm likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

@Woody as you wingman?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Heck mate. I turned 73 on 20th. I can be a grumpy old man advisor
    Pengy likes this.

Woody mate, I agree. We could get into rolling wave project management but maybe not here.

My point is, as someone noted, having bad neighbors requires a lot of rules. A lot of rules creates bad neighbors. This cycle is endless.

This country does not have the means to run the way it does. We are borrowing from my daughter because the plan is inflexible. The flexibility when the plan fails comes from future generations pockets. Kiwis make do. Ingenuity is our great strength and as we have abandoned trust of our fellow Kiwi, we have been regulated into a corner. We have replaced ingenuity with credit and our children foot the bill.

Walk before you run. Taking over leadership of the country is not the same thing as using your legal voting rights to get yourself representation. At the very least we can keep them honest.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and outlander like this.
    The last Boy Scout