Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By StrikerNZ

Thread: Scanning Slides

Scanning Slides

Ive been thinking of getting some sort of slide scanner to scan some of Dads old slides he took in his days wondering around Fiordland shooting deer and exploring and others. Ive looked at some pretty shit quality ones from the likes of Jaycar and then some some worth 0000's on Amazon etc, but really have no idea what quality they do etc. I dont want a normal flatbed scanner with a film/slide scanner attachment, they are too slow, I have thousands to do and dont want to be still doing them for the next 20 years.

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge in slide scanning and recommendations?

Any ideas or discussion greatly appreciated and respected. Thanks guys.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Might be quicker and easier at the end of the day to find someone set up with all the gear and doing it commercially and just pay them to put them all on a hard drive?
    Beaker and mimms like this.

^^ Pretty much.
    Do you have the negatives of them still? A Negative scanner may be easier to come by. Find a child and pay them 10c/strip to reload the thing.
    The only time I ever digitised the old negs I laid them on the flatbed and scanned at 2400dpi. If I wanted to print them again it'd be easy to open the file, crop out the one I want and invert the colours. The quality looks good enough for 8x10" prints.