Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JRW87
  • 1 Post By screamO

Thread: Shed?

Shed?

So there is this house for sale in PNth and it doesn't have a shed.... I need a shed...

Anyone built a basic, 2 door, versatile etc. type car shed recently? And can you give me an idea of cost? No power or water, just a flat section in an urban setting?

Cheers.

They seem pretty straight forward, I wired a 6 bay total span barn type thing and a block layer and a carpenter did it... poorly but its still standing. Allow for a decent impact driver in your budget, Makita, Milwaukee, Hitachi etc etc.
    Wildman likes this.

Skyline, versatile sheds are good value for money, normally doing deals on kitsets. Check there pricing out online.
    What really buggers what you think is going to be a cheap shed is normally the concrete floors, that's where the pole sheds come into there own, you can build the pole shed and get it signed off by the council and pour the floor when you want as it's non-structural.
    A 6x6 skyline type shed you should be able to build in 2 weekends if the floor was down and had some one with a few clues. Pole shed maybe 3 weekends including getting your poles in. Totalspan, while they seem straight forward there's certainly some tricks to them (I hate the bloody things).
    All the kitset companies will normally do all the consent documents for the council.
    Wildman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Skyline, versatile sheds are good value for money, normally doing deals on kitsets. Check there pricing out online.
    What really buggers what you think is going to be a cheap shed is normally the concrete floors, that's where the pole sheds come into there own, you can build the pole shed and get it signed off by the council and pour the floor when you want as it's non-structural.
    A 6x6 skyline type shed you should be able to build in 2 weekends if the floor was down and had some one with a few clues. Pole shed maybe 3 weekends including getting your poles in. Totalspan, while they seem straight forward there's certainly some tricks to them (I hate the bloody things).
    All the kitset companies will normally do all the consent documents for the council.
    Thanks. Cant seem to find prices online so far...