Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: SHIT Full Auto Shooting in Las Vagas

Last video I heard it sounded like a gat crank

Pretty consistent in the first one to be a crank but who knows. I recon it was at least 100 rounds in the first burst so probably overheating.

Another nutcase? or Terrorist, Col blooded murder. Just glad I was not there.

Deleted
    Last edited by Beavis; 02-10-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Bad info

one vid you can hear bullet impacts infront of the camera. sounds a lot more AK to me, the music of Syria.

GWH
    Crazy stuff, no doubt the toll will rise even further than below.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

* At least 50 people are dead, and more than 200 are injured.

* The shooting took place at a country music festival where 30,000 people were attending.

* Police say a gunman has been killed. They do not believe there are any more shooters. Police confirm the shooter was Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old local man.

* Police shot the gunman dead on the 32rd floor of the nearby Mandalay Bay hotel on the Las Vegas strip.

They played the whole thing on the news here, blood curdling! From what is being reported many more people in critical condition.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Horrible. The audio was not nice.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Phuq! I hope this is,finally the catalyst to see firearms reform in the US. The right to bear arms that is always used to defend firearms ownership relates to a time when rapid fire meant 5 rounds a minute and there were serious external threats to the newly formed America's sovereignty, a full time army was not available and civilians formed the basis of the defence force. Now the threat seems more internal and rapid fire means 600 rpm.
    Sadly the horse has long gone from the,stable and arms control is not possible.
    Tahr and Cordite like this.

Marty Henry quote......Sadly the horse has long gone from the,stable and arms control is not possible.

Marty....reform?.....these situations are so so sad......they never reformed after the school shootings,they never reformed after similar situations.....reform has no meaning when it comes to gun control and the 2nd amendment.......

Like others,Im lost for words,so very lost.....may they all Rest In Peace
    Last edited by A330driver; 03-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Tahr and Marty Henry like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Was watching lots of videos on fb last night,
    Sounded very ak sounding tho it was all filmed on phones
    Sound of bullets ripping through people was crazy and hitting the ground around the video
    Sounded like there was overlapping gunfire but could also be the sound bouncing of different buildings
    Seen a picture of a couple of windows shot out of the hotel like the gunman moved rooms or 2nd shooter?
    Crazy time thats forsure
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

GWH
    The waves of different emotions that you go through after something like this is unreal. I watched some of the live FB streams from US news channels just after it all unfolded last night.

Sadly most adults are now use to seeing/hearing of events like this in the media now. But this morning as i saw my 6 year old daughter watching the Breakfast TV news covering this, my eyes welled up with tears. We are living in a crazy crazy world, and while this type of thing can obviously strike anywhere anytime, i do feel very thankful to be living in NZ.

My memorys of Vegas are fond, many many people can now no longer say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Phuq! I hope this is,finally the catalyst to see firearms reform in the US. The right to bear arms that is always used to defend firearms ownership relates to a time when rapid fire meant 5 rounds a minute and there were serious external threats to the newly formed America's sovereignty, a full time army was not available and civilians formed the basis of the defence force. Now the threat seems more internal and rapid fire means 600 rpm.
    Sadly the horse has long gone from the,stable and arms control is not possible.
    Unfortunately the point here is the prevalence of psychopaths who desire to kill and wound as many as possible. Weather that's by truck, gun or bomb. Everything that's been made since the musket including the Martini Henry action has been capable of firing a lot faster. A licensing system like we have is definitely a good idea but there are no guarantees. I think the hard question is what is creating these people? One common thread is a desire for fame is common to many of these human bombs.
    veitnamcam likes this.

In the USA the prevailing factor appears to be mental health, nearly all who go postal are known to have suffered from some kind of mental illness. In the EU and UK, the mass/random killings appear to correlate to the R word.

IMO both the USA and EU are in a bad place, both in terms of society and politics etc. With that being said I am more thankful than ever that I am here.

After reading what information I've gleaned of FB I'd say the shooter was set up.....suddenly deflected a lot of heat away from the US admin after the NFL players weren't standing for the national anthem....just saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sometimes likes this.