Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shitty Ozito belt sander spare parts

Shitty Ozito belt sander spare parts

Hi all,

I recently borrowed my in laws Ozito belt sander to work on a project at home. It was doing a rubbish job and kept falling apart, but eventually it shat itself.
    On investigating the problem I found that the drive belt has overheated and melted so subsquently doesn't work.

I have emailed Ozito but doubt they will be able to sell me a spare one, So if they can't hoping someone here will know of somewhere that selling small belts and the like. Have told the father in law I've broken it yet, and don't want to have to buy them a new one.

Cheers

Name:  20151206_123640 [113062].jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  686.9 KBName:  20151206_123655 [113063].jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  634.2 KB

Caretaker
    Bunnings had them from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

They have a three year replacement warranty.

Yet another example of Ching a Ling shit entering our country that's barely fucin fit for purpose.
    It's all help to keep the landfill employees in a job but f all else .
    JoshC and Steve123 like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Oh come on Happy that's unfair, probably a Makita or hitachi belt will fit hahahahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Hi all,

I recently borrowed my in laws Ozito belt sander to work on a project at home. It was doing a rubbish job and kept falling apart, but eventually it shat itself.
    On investigating the problem I found that the drive belt has overheated and melted so subsquently doesn't work.

I have emailed Ozito but doubt they will be able to sell me a spare one, So if they can't hoping someone here will know of somewhere that selling small belts and the like. Have told the father in law I've broken it yet, and don't want to have to buy them a new one.

Cheers

Attachment 43257Attachment 43258
    What's the dimensions?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I think I may actually have one here. I bought a cheap sander (Ozito I think) and Im sure it came with one. Ill take a look.
    The sander actually is pretty good for the price I paid.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Shitty Ozito belt sander spare parts

Ozito BSR 800 Belt sander.
    Belt 96XL031

7mmsaum likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Do not return to the store. They may realise we selling them shit ! And so we send a spare belt is because we know they have no service factor at all or its undersized so " We provide spare so it may last warranty period ". Please buy and do not use until warranty expired . But we keep on buying the shit !! (Well actually no way do I buy their crap .)

Would you like to borrow my Hitachi 25 year old belt sander that got left to me? You need to hold on though or it'll own you and it will hurt ?

FFS New Zealanders wake up !!
    Last edited by Happy; 06-12-2015 at 07:49 PM.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Oh come on Happy that's unfair, probably a Makita or hitachi belt will fit hahahahaha
    The scary thing is my Ozito gear has lasted a lot longer than my Makita stuff and had a longer warranty.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The scary thing is my Ozito gear has lasted a lot longer than my Makita stuff and had a longer warranty.
    Are you drinking again??

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    Are you drinking again??

Sent from my workbench
    The money I forked over for the Makita gear sobered me up, $300 and $750 drills that had about 20 hours working life. Bought the Ozito as throw away gear for a job that was likely to kill gear but the stuff wont stop, and I've abused it as if it owes me nothing.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Do not return to the store. They may realise we selling them shit ! And so we send a spare belt is because we know they have no service factor at all or its undersized so " We provide spare so it may last warranty period ". Please buy and do not use until warranty expired . But we keep on buying the shit !! (Well actually no way do I buy their crap .)

Would you like to borrow my Hitachi 25 year old belt sander that got left to me? You need to hold on though or it'll own you and it will hurt ?

FFS New Zealanders wake up !!
    I disagree. Buy the tool for the job. If you are a weekend warrior and are doing one job there is no need to waste dollars on a commercial tradey grade tool, and if you are a tradey, dont buy a cheap one if you need it to last.

As for Ozito, I bought one of their jack hammers about 3 years ago. I wanted it for one job and one job only. A large 100m2 concrete driveway needed to be broken up. Not only did it perform well, I still have it and it works like new.. and it was less than a third of the price of the nearest competitor. ($500 versus $1500 for the Hitachi to $2200 for the Makita and DeWalt) On top of that it came with a heavy duty carry case (the others came in a cardboard box- case was extra), it came with a spike and a chisel and extra lube. Replacement spikes and chisels are around $30 each, the Hitachi was $85 for a spare spike and Makita closer to $100. (not that I have ever broken one yet.)

My Ozito sander came with a spare belt, My cheap as Ryobi drop saw came with spare parts and the cheap $20 angle grinder I got (NRG brand) came with spare bushes. an after the hammering I gave all my tools (hard work and long hours) none have needed the pars yet. And my Ozito cordless drill and rattle gun have well outlasted the Ryobi, Makita and Panasonic ones I have had before.

I'm sick of wasting money paying too much for a brand that everyone reckons is shit hot only to find its half as good as the others out there. Buy the tool for the task at hand.

I can think of similar situations with rifles. Can anyone else out there think of a brand or model of rifle that everyone thinks is the peak of value and quality? and how many rifles on the market that cost less and work as well?????
    gadgetman and zimmer like this.

So, your borrowed $69.00 incl gst belt sander is not fit for purpose?
    stumpy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild game havester View Post
    So, your borrowed $69.00 incl gst belt sander is not fit for purpose?
    And how old is it? I see it has a three year warranty.......If I got three years out of a $69 sander I would be stoked.....