Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Shout out for excellent service!

Shout out for excellent service!

There's a general rule that customers are about twice as likely to share a bad experience with others than a good experience, and it can take up to 12 positive reviews to reverse the effects of one negative review.

Even on here we regularly see members complaining about some stores service or product, yet only occasionally do we see good positive reports or reviews.

I've had several awesome purchasing experiences lately, where service has been absolutely top notch and worth mentioning;

1) I bought some Leica bino's off Sarvo last month. Fantastic communication, great price, offer of part payments to help cash flow, fast delivery and willing to go out of his way to offer advice or answer questions. If you are looking at buying anything @Sarvo puts up on here, I highly recommend it.

2) Had a pair of boots repaired and a pair resoled by Hamish at Bennetts shoe service in Invercargill. I was expecting to wait a good week or so and a cost of a couple of hundred bucks, but no, turnaround withing 3 working days and $140 - that included the new Vibram sole of my choice. The be honest the boots he resoled are better than they were new - the original sole was rubbish! Hamish offers straight up friendly advice, fast service and is bloody well priced (I checked around too). Bennett's Shoe Service | Home ::

3) I bought half a dozen Sika Stopper Arrows from Johnny at Sikastopper.com a couple weeks back, after loaning some off a mate and finding they were pretty damn good. They arrived at my door within a couple of days. I didn't get a chance to check them before heading off hunting, when I came home to test them out I had issues threading the field points into the arrows. Closer inspection showed that glue has made its way into the thread meaning they really needed cut shorter and redone.

Flicked an email to Johnny to let him know, got an immediate response saying he'd changed his method of gluing and had a couple of other clients with the same issue. Said he'd send some replacements down straight away and to throw the broken ones into the box and return them. Well my new ones arrived today, along with an extra arrow free of charge, and a note saying don't worry about sending the others up, keep them and hopefully I can use them. I'll glue some practice points in and they'll be OK. Great service from a bloody nice guy, tidy looking product and really well priced. https://www.sikastopper.com/

If you guys get the chance, give these fellas support, or at least spread the word.

Cheers
    Josh.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Nice, I have had some mentionable good service from a few different companies:

Gunworks, I can not for the life of me figure out how they do it but order stuff from their website and it turns up the next day, and we are rural! They are always bloody helpful on the phone or in store and go out of their way to make sure you are getting a product and service that's fit for purpose

Reloaders Supplies, I wanted a certain Leupold scope and couldn't find one anywhere in NZ, gave them a call to see if they could get one in and turns out they had one available from a cancelled order, I asked them if they could list it on their website so I could purchase it but they told me no worries we will just invoice you for it, so took my name and address and the next day it was in my mailbox along with the invoice. It takes kahunas for a company to trade like that these days, for all they knew I could have just gave them a false name and kept the scope, I couldn't quite believe it myself!

James Scott/Alpine Adventures/Fox n Franz, these guys are bloody great to deal with everything is always easy as (as long as you know the secret to getting hold of James ) which takes the stress out of organising trips big time. Pricing is best in the business and they always provide a reliable service, happy to offer advice on areas etc and you never get that feeling they are watching the hour meter and in a hurry to boot you out the door and carry on. They give quotes and always stick to them even when things turn pear shaped due to weather etc.
    gadgetman, JoshC, Beaker and 6 others like this.
    #30GANG....

R93
    I have to give a shout out to Sarvo as well.
    Excellent to deal with and very accommodating.
    He even offered to take my wife off my hands sight-unseen.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 19-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Ken at nzar15
    gadgetman, JoshC, ebf and 5 others like this.

Brent at tasmantaxidermy.co.nz works for himself and was nice enough spend some time giving me loads of great advice on field dressing and care. He wasn't selling something or providing a service, he just offered to help me out. Top bloke and having seen some of his mounts his work is top notch.

Looking forward to taking a few hides into him in the future, with a case of beer of course.
    JoshC likes this.

1+ for Gunworks. I ordered in the afternoon & it arrived the next morning & I'm nearly as far away as you can get & still be NZ.
    JoshC likes this.

bloody awesome thread!! people are quick to whinge and slow to take the time to thank people these days.

Just right carbines in the states.

Their carbines have a bad reputation for cycling issues. I
    I brought a second hand .45 JRC
    Had the expected issues...
    Have had parts sent over twice, no charge for the parts or shipping!
    They also gave me a wrench when I asked them to invoice me for it.
    now the gun is going sweet.
    Use enough gun

I concur Sarvo has been great to deal with iv got a few trail cams from him.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Yep @Sarvo is awesome, great service, fast respones and easy to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    bloody awesome thread!! people are quick to whinge and slow to take the time to thank people these days.
    @madmaori Your own Bay Tyres service is outstanding too. Best deal and service I have ever had on tyres. Even changed the spare for a partly used tyre that matched my 4 new ones and chucked my unused spare on the tray for me to take home and sell.
    gadgetman and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    There's a general rule that customers are about twice as likely to share a bad experience with others than a good experience, and it can take up to 12 positive reviews to reverse the effects of one negative review.

Even on here we regularly see members complaining about some stores service or product, yet only occasionally do we see good positive reports or reviews.

I've had several awesome purchasing experiences lately, where service has been absolutely top notch and worth mentioning;

1) I bought some Leica bino's off Sarvo last month. Fantastic communication, great price, offer of part payments to help cash flow, fast delivery and willing to go out of his way to offer advice or answer questions. If you are looking at buying anything @Sarvo puts up on here, I highly recommend it.

2) Had a pair of boots repaired and a pair resoled by Hamish at Bennetts shoe service in Invercargill. I was expecting to wait a good week or so and a cost of a couple of hundred bucks, but no, turnaround withing 3 working days and $140 - that included the new Vibram sole of my choice. The be honest the boots he resoled are better than they were new - the original sole was rubbish! Hamish offers straight up friendly advice, fast service and is bloody well priced (I checked around too). Bennett's Shoe Service | Home ::

3) I bought half a dozen Sika Stopper Arrows from Johnny at Sikastopper.com a couple weeks back, after loaning some off a mate and finding they were pretty damn good. They arrived at my door within a couple of days. I didn't get a chance to check them before heading off hunting, when I came home to test them out I had issues threading the field points into the arrows. Closer inspection showed that glue has made its way into the thread meaning they really needed cut shorter and redone.

Flicked an email to Johnny to let him know, got an immediate response saying he'd changed his method of gluing and had a couple of other clients with the same issue. Said he'd send some replacements down straight away and to throw the broken ones into the box and return them. Well my new ones arrived today, along with an extra arrow free of charge, and a note saying don't worry about sending the others up, keep them and hopefully I can use them. I'll glue some practice points in and they'll be OK. Great service from a bloody nice guy, tidy looking product and really well priced. https://www.sikastopper.com/

If you guys get the chance, give these fellas support, or at least spread the word.

Cheers
    Josh.
    Shit arrows good service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truely epic service from Celox nz. Were out of stock, got in touch asap after my order and then shipped me some free stuff to make up for the delay. 10/10
    JoshC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I have to give a shout out to Sarvo as well.
    Excellent to deal with and very accommodating.
    He even offered to take my wife off my hands sight-unseen.
    Damn! That's fantastic. Never thought of trading the wife in as part-payment, but now maybe that spotting scope is closer than I thought!!!

What a top bloke.
    gadgetman, R93, JoshC and 3 others like this.

+1 for Sarvo, great price & service
    JoshC likes this.