Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Slow Drivers

Slow Drivers

Headed from Palmy to Wellywood for a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, I hate that drive it's boring as shit & these fuk nuts that drive at 70 farken K's an hour don't help

The speed limit is 100 ( sorry forgot that isn't ment to be a target ) but these farkers cant even get near the bulls eye & it's not just one but they seem to travel in packs, farken 3 or 4 of em all 200 mts apart and holding up a 2 dozen other poor pricks that have to sit their why these wankers gaggle along oblivious to the rest of the world, use your mirrors and pull over you arseholes you obliviously ain't in a hurry!!

I hope you all get herpes you cunts !!!!!

Rant over
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Headed from Palmy to Wellywood for a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, I hate that drive it's boring as shit & these fuk nuts that drive at 70 farken K's an hour don't help

The speed limit is 100 ( sorry forgot that isn't ment to be a target ) but these farkers cant even get near the bulls eye & it's not just one but they seem to travel in packs, farken 3 or 4 of em all 200 mts apart and holding up a 2 dozen other poor pricks that have to sit their why these wankers gaggle along oblivious to the rest of the world, use your mirrors and pull over you arseholes you obliviously ain't in a hurry!!

I hope you all get herpes you cunts !!!!!

Rant over
    We had a great run up from Welly today but I know what you're talking about. I've found the closer you get to a larger centre the better the driving gets in general.

I got a GPS in my truck 9 months ago that narks on me of I go 7km over the limit. I first though it was the end of the world but after a while it started to worry me less and less, until now I quite enjoy driving, rather than it being the prequel to Deathrace 2000.
    Tommy likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

P38
    I hear Ya Philipo

I regularly travel from Hastings to Hamilton

Seems we are plagued by 70kms / 120kms fu*kers on State Highway 1 & 5

These bastards travel at a constant 70kms ...... that is until they reach a passing lane when they immediately speed up to 120kms and maintain this speed until they reach the end of the passing lane when they promptly slow right back down to 70kms.

And your right they don't give a Flying Fu*k about anyone other than themselves.

Cheers
    Pete
    Philipo, sako75, Pointer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    I hear Ya Philipo

I regularly travel from Hastings to Hamilton

Seems we are plagued by 70kms / 120kms fu*kers on State Highway 1 & 5

These bastards travel at a constant 70kms ...... that is until they reach a passing lane when they immediately speed up to 120kms and maintain this speed until they reach the end of the passing lane when they promptly slow right back down to 70kms.

And your right they don't give a Flying Fu*k about anyone other than themselves.

Cheers
    Pete
    Pit maneuver.
    sako75 and Tommy like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Relatives of the aucklander that does 30kmh most of the way down the motorway onramp and completely fuck the motorway flow when they try to merge at 60kmh. Cretins!

Hello Philipo, you called.
    ebf likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I do the Palmy to Wgtn run every week for work and I can pass on the odd tip -

1 take the Tokomaru backroad that joins at North of Otaki but don't be surprised if you get random copstops in Shannon
    2 slingshot your way past the slow fuckers at times when they aren't expecting it - overtaking lanes are not where the real overtaking gets done
    3 use the sneaky double lanes at Otaki/Paraparaumu/Southwards that lead into roundabouts/town centres

Otherwise get a decent stereo and chill out - idiots are omnipresent and readily replaced by more idiots

Good luck
    puku and Sako 243 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I've found the closer you get to a larger centre the better the driving gets in general.
    Funny, I usually find the opposite!

You want to avoid the great armada of jaffa's SUVs on the Friday eve traveling to ruapehu and back on the Sunday eve during the ski season. The bigger is the SUV the more arrogant is the prick inside I quite often found.
    308 and northdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    You want to avoid the great armada of jaffa's SUVs on the Friday eve traveling to ruapehu and back on the Sunday eve during the ski season. The bigger is the SUV the more arrogant is the prick inside I quite often found.
    Most likely aking up for other anatomical deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Funny, I usually find the opposite!
    Exactly what I was thinking.

What's with these safer speed zones it only encourages the snails to slow down more and how come you never see these guys getting tickets. If it's good enough to get a ticket 5k over the limit why not the same under?
    veitnamcam and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I do the Palmy to Wgtn run every week for work and I can pass on the odd tip -

1 take the Tokomaru backroad that joins at North of Otaki but don't be surprised if you get random copstops in Shannon
    2 slingshot your way past the slow fuckers at times when they aren't expecting it - overtaking lanes are not where the real overtaking gets done
    3 use the sneaky double lanes at Otaki/Paraparaumu/Southwards that lead into roundabouts/town centres

Otherwise get a decent stereo and chill out - idiots are omnipresent and readily replaced by more idiots

Good luck
    Yip and if you are suck heading into shannon you can hook a early left go down a couple of cross roads and take a right.
    You end up at the gas station and generally ahead even if you don't speed as that one corner in town get taken slow by most.
    308 likes this.

What's the rush?

I do an average of 1000km a week all over the north island. I agree with 308, the most profitable driving is a general awareness of overtaking opportunities all the time, as dedicated overtaking lanes quickly convert to drag strips with conveniently placed cameras, and radars at the end...

I only drive a diesel, but do most overtaking on everyday roads and catch them by surprise. Quick out and back in before they know it and because they are only doing 70-80, I haven't had to do 120 to get past them. 100 ish and you already have sufficient gain over them to do it safely. Knowing the regular roads and likely opportunities helps too.

John
    Gerbs likes this.