Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Chris
  • 1 Post By Angus_A
  • 1 Post By Dundee

Thread: So who wants a job?

  1. #1
    Member Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mt Motutapere/Northern Alps
    Posts
    2,063

    So who wants a job?

    Not so much a job, more as a lifestyle. The Mokena Hotel in Te Aroha is needing someone to run the restaurant as a stand alone business but still in conjunction with the hotel. The restaurant has not been in operation for at least two years, maybe three (I cant remember), it is fully functional and ready to go. When it was in operation it was open on the three nights of the weekend only and did out-catering as well...the restaurant has a bar (now we are getting too the good shit), the hotel is only a stones throw (good arm, small stone) from the Waihou River (trout) and only minutes from the Kaimai hunting area (many will say "no deer in the Kaimai's)...only an hour or so's drive to fishing in the Hauraki Gulf or BoP beaches.
    Ok, back to the hotel...seating for 120 plus two small dining rooms, gas and electric ovens, hot water etc...set up for smorgasbord with baymarie etc...walk in chillers and freezers...the out catering equipment, complete with Isuzu Elf Luton body truck if required...accommodation on the premises if required...possible opportunity to operate café in conjunction with Rail Trail and Domain with it's hot pools etc...possible meals for hotel guests...arr fuck, the list goes on...so what is needed is if your wife can cook and you can prop up a bar/fish/hunt, then hey!, this is the place to be.
    Why don't I do it?...too busy being retired...wife is manager of the hotel and I have a job as handyman there...what more do I want?...of course I can be on hand to help get rid of any bottles in the bar where the use by date is coming up and will expect complimentary meals and drinks for bringing this great opportunity to your attention...all bullshit aside this is a serious offer...one of you will know of someone that fits the bill...hope to hear from you soon...cheers
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

  2. #2
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,872
    I need a new worker as well my young fella is off to fresher (not) pastures but that's life !!
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  3. #3
    Member Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mt Motutapere/Northern Alps
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I need a new worker as well my young fella is off to fresher (not) pastures but that's life !!
    Was that a trade job he was doing?
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,518
    I should ask my Mum ,she use to be cook at the Waihou pub for a few years.What ya reckon Spook worth putting her name down ?
    Shud up chris ya mum turns 91 next month ,still a pretty mean cook though .
    BRADS, Scouser and Gibo like this.
    Gun control means using both hands

  5. #5
    Member Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mt Motutapere/Northern Alps
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I should ask my Mum ,she use to be cook at the Waihou pub for a few years.What ya reckon Spook worth putting her name down ?
    Shud up chris ya mum turns 91 next month ,still a pretty mean cook though .
    In years gone by I have eaten many a meal prepared by your mum at the farm and in town...a long time ago
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,518
    I can say the same .Kettle is always hot , the door open & Sunday roast is still lunch time .
    Gun control means using both hands

  7. #7
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Was that a trade job he was doing?
    No We are a 2.5 man business but need to have three so no one works alone. Therefore 1/2 of their time is cleaning the ute the cruiser the show room the gardens loo etc Rest is painting, stripping cleaning stuff ordering parts serving clients driving etc etc.
    All of the above is pretty much not under too much pressure tho sometimes we do need to make it happen right now
    Good start for a young fella to learn heaps about stuff They usually last three or so years then move to the next challenge
    Only thing I can say is they don't struggle to find the next job as have some skills

    Know someone tell them to come see me but I am a fussy bastard to work for as our clients know how to let you know if they not happy ha ha
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  8. #8
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,655
    I really, really wish i could take it on
    Spook likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,350
    Cooking cronuts and roast lambs, hey Angus? ;-)

  10. #10
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I can say the same .Kettle is always hot , the door open & Sunday roast is still lunch time .
    My old boss and his wife use too always do Sunday roast dinner too. Must be an old tradition that is getting lost these days.
    Happy likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

  11. #11
    Member Dynastar27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    MANUKAU
    Posts
    984
    I will help you sink a few bottles mate just tell the owner they had expired
    OPCz

    If in doubt double tap

  12. #12
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    14,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    My old boss and his wife use too always do Sunday roast dinner too. Must be an old tradition that is getting lost these days.
    More often than not do one here Dundee.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    No We are a 2.5 man business but need to have three so no one works alone. Therefore 1/2 of their time is cleaning the ute the cruiser the show room the gardens loo etc Rest is painting, stripping cleaning stuff ordering parts serving clients driving etc etc.
    All of the above is pretty much not under too much pressure tho sometimes we do need to make it happen right now
    Good start for a young fella to learn heaps about stuff They usually last three or so years then move to the next challenge
    Only thing I can say is they don't struggle to find the next job as have some skills

    Know someone tell them to come see me but I am a fussy bastard to work for as our clients know how to let you know if they not happy ha ha
    Always thought you a half man bored waiting for grandson to wake up so we can GO SHOPPING!!! But I've wound down a lot already, that's the aim!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!