Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: sorry dundee but I have to ask

sorry dundee but I have to ask

Now I don't want to come across as a fu#k wit or anything and I don't really know what I'm talking about, hence why I'm asking;
    is it true that it costs $5.50 to produce? Not including debt?
    Don't you buy shares in to the company that sells this produce for you? If so why do you deal with them? I don't think they are doing a very good job for you?
    Have people borrowed to much against previous payouts and now fu#ked?
    Were do you think the blame should lay if any?
    How do you improve this situation?
    Does it make you look at your business plan (what ever the fuck they are).
    Is there a way of improving your costs to make it work?
    Would you do anything different today if you new this was the payout?

Feel free to pm me and tell me to fuck off! I'm just curious on how the other side works.
    or is it like most other people? Just drink a bit more and it doesn't hurt so much?

i left the industry due to what i perceived as happening, Fonterra is fucking over the co op owner so they can split the company into pieces and make money on the asset sales, first step get outside investors second step drop gate price to pay investor step three increase salaries at the top, farmers either go broke or get brought by the larger corporate farmers, step four fonterra runs out of money sitting bad returns in the offshore markets step five fonterra suggest a restructure which involves dissolving the co op step six the corporate raiders run away with the money offshore. step seven farmer that made it though all that still milk their cows and still supply fonterra but its know by another name that has nothing to do with milking cows. dairy farmers either die broke or die broke with a rope around their neck.

Vivid imagination there Mucko

Milk and cheese is still bloody expensive in the supermarket even tho they are paying half as much for the milk
    mucko, stingray, Pengy and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Milk and cheese is still bloody expensive in the supermarket even tho they are paying half as much for the milk
    As is lamb.
    It's the lowest lamb price in 8 years you guys should be getting a whole lamb for $80 at the moment for a big one!
    The whole NZ milk, sheep and beef thing is in a dark place, I don't no the answer but you don't want to look at the salaries of the big players.
    I no of a lot of farmers sheep and dairy that after 3 years of drought and this years lows are really testing the relationship with the bank manager.
    We only need to think back to last years record dairy and beef prices to have reason to keep going.
    At the end of day that's why we are farmers if it was easy everyone would do it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pointer, gadgetman, mucko and 3 others like this.

I think the farmers need to take their company back from the managers, replace the directors and put a competant secretary in charge.

With a planet bursting at the seams full of people who need food I cant see how farming can be struggling....you would think anyone who could grow anything would be rich.
    Something is very wrong with this system.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Pointer, gadgetman, BRADS and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Seen Goat leg roast in New World Sat @ $52 and I think Pengy nearly brought some diced goat at 29 buck a Kg. 9 Mid loin lamb chops were 20 bucks. Glad there is still a bit of veni in the freezer but do like a good lamb chop to knaw but not at that price. And I know the farmers aint getting that much for them

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Vivid imagination there Mucko
    its Happened before, and it will happen again. dont have to imagine it bro when the evidence is there in front of you, when i wrote it i knew you would say something like that.
    199p likes this.

With a planet bursting at the seams full of people who need food I cant see how farming can be struggling....you would think anyone who could grow anything would be rich.
    Something is very wrong with this system.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    The problem is the wealth distribution. So many people don't have the funds to buy the produce. As Tussock has pointed out more and more money is getting accumulated by fewer and fewer. These guys are buying up all the intermediary companies in the process, splitting them up, and adding a margin at each level they introduce. This is why the primary producers are getting lower prices and consumers are paying more.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman View Post
    I think the farmers need to take their company back from the managers, replace the directors and put a competant secretary in charge.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman View Post
    they probably dont even have the power to do so, divide and conquer and the farmers are divided, they get fed its a cycle dribble while the price continues to fall, when the voted on trading amongst farmers which ironically was to let outsiders buy dry shares in fonterra (not a farmer) the voting was a setup they had one vote for every milksolid produced which gave the corporate farmer producing 250,000 votes verses someone like dundee at say 70,000 they are both a single business entity yet the larger farmer who mostly support the corporate approach to running fonterra had more voting power. its no coincidence that now the dry shareholders need a return on their investment that it comes off the gate price and not the top brass of fonterra.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i left the industry due to what i perceived as happening, Fonterra is fucking over the co op owner so they can split the company into pieces and make money on the asset sales, first step get outside investors second step drop gate price to pay investor step three increase salaries at the top, farmers either go broke or get brought by the larger corporate farmers, step four fonterra runs out of money sitting bad returns in the offshore markets step five fonterra suggest a restructure which involves dissolving the co op step six the corporate raiders run away with the money offshore. step seven farmer that made it though all that still milk their cows and still supply fonterra but its know by another name that has nothing to do with milking cows. dairy farmers either die broke or die broke with a rope around their neck.
    As out there as it sounds, I believe it's not far from truth. I've a foot in both camps, by working for them, and leasing 80 acres out to the neighbor to milk off. Was talking the other day about the situation we're in. As it stands at the moment, Fonterra are hitting me 4 times. The lease is payout related, the grain price crashing to pre 1986 prices, grazing price of heifers has dropped to try and help out, and last but not least, getting conflicting stories at work. I'm just glad that the money is still going into one bank account, so I can transfer it across to the deepening black hole. Not really complaining, as it was my choice to take on what I did (looked much better 5yr ago than it does now) These things all go in cycles, so hopefully having so many feet in different camps, the lows won't hang around as long. But would be good to be holding steady rather than backwards.
    I would like to go on about company going ons, but don't need a target on my back at the mo
    mucko and Beaker like this.

I will check back in the morn if the internet running,just seen this thread off to bed now
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I will check back in the morn if the internet running,just seen this thread off to bed now
    good night old man