Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: STUCK

STUCK

I was reading another thread waterpig mentioned getting stuck so i thought it mite make an interesting thread!

stuck!...iv had my shear of being stuck cars bikes 4x4 jacking up tyres 1 by 1,digging in mud pushing & cursing hours & hours of walking... never owed a winch !! 2 that really made an impression on my mind were once i splashed out and got a brand new set of mud grip tyres put on the hilux they looked awsum and biiig !! i said to my mate the fatal words.... yea man never going to get stuck now ....someone suggested we should go for a night hunt later that night driving across a paddock we shouldn't have been driving across i just noticed a few large clumps of grass put the gas on but too late ...stuck...we had driven into a small spring mate hopes out yep go forward massive rooster tails of mud all round er ok back more er rite hand down mud F#%ker bellied totally stuck in the middle of the night middle of nowere and to top it off the farmer was an angry ginger....we walked for a good few k,s hoping to bump into someone that could help us out...in the end we found an old empty shed on the side of the road slept on the floor on a carboard box lol.....untill ginge GULP drove past next morning.
    Second 1 that got my nickers in a twist was driving around a forestry gate in an subaru brumby i made it to except when i got to the other side of the bank was a little steeper and the subie it rolled over luckly not onto the roof but i did have trouble getting out !!! it diddnt take much to push back over but the dented pannles :TT .

Any one else been stuck ?
    Toby, Scouser and Gibo like this.

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    driving across a paddock we shouldn't have been driving across

driving around a forestry gate

Oh Dear, perhaps you should include a few more clarifying words as it could be construed as unlawful entry at best and poaching at worst.
    GravelBen likes this.
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

Not so much stuck as broken.

Went flying through this bog the other way and got hooked on a log. Gave it the jandal and got through the bog. Carried on up a hill and then had shit steering, looked out my window with the sterring wheel left hand down but my wheel was pointing out to the right
    Keel dragged backwards down the hill then checked it out, stapped tie rod end. 257 point turn had me pointing for the bog again. Got close enough to throw the wire across and dragged the bitch through like a plough!
    Wheel off, tie rod out, off to town to get a new one turned. Back in 1.5 hours and away

Name:  Clifford.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  185.7 KB
    Toby likes this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    I was reading another thread waterpig mentioned getting stuck so i thought it mite make an interesting thread!

stuck!...iv had my shear of being stuck cars bikes 4x4 jacking up tyres 1 by 1,digging in mud pushing & cursing hours & hours of walking... never owed a winch !! 2 that really made an impression on my mind were once i splashed out and got a brand new set of mud grip tyres put on the hilux they looked awsum and biiig !! i said to my mate the fatal words.... yea man never going to get stuck now ....someone suggested we should go for a night hunt later that night driving across a paddock we shouldn't have been driving across i just noticed a few large clumps of grass put the gas on but too late ...stuck...we had driven into a small spring mate hopes out yep go forward massive rooster tails of mud all round er ok back more er rite hand down mud F#%ker bellied totally stuck in the middle of the night middle of nowere and to top it off the farmer was an angry ginger....we walked for a good few k,s hoping to bump into someone that could help us out...in the end we found an old empty shed on the side of the road slept on the floor on a carboard box lol.....untill ginge GULP drove past next morning.
    Second 1 that got my nickers in a twist was driving around a forestry gate in an subaru brumby i made it to except when i got to the other side of the bank was a little steeper and the subie it rolled over luckly not onto the roof but i did have trouble getting out !!! it diddnt take much to push back over but the dented pannles :TT .

Any one else been stuck ?
    If you havnt been stuck in a farmers paddock or bellied on a ramp trying to get around a forestry gate you probably havnt been putting in enough effort.
    We were coming out of Makirikiri a few years back in a Landrover loaded to the gunnels with deer carcases and took the swamp too casually. We bogged her thoroughly with 60 yrds to go before we hit dry ground. It was the day before Christmas and we knew that no one was going to get us out of that swamp, but us.

We headed across to an old fence that we knew that had been put in many years ago when the country was first settled and stripped a length of number eight and some totara battens off her. The wire was used through the wheel rims to tie the battens length wise across the tires. When the clutch was let out the batten was dragged through the swamp until it impacted the mudguard to the rear where it was taken off and retied on the front of the tyre again.

Every hop gained us a foot and no more or the batten would try to tear the mudguard off. It took us the rest of that day and much of Christmas Day to travel that 60 yards but we did it.

Proud of the fact that we never once had to seek outside help. Like the Pony Express we always got through.

Been stuck plenty, the day i got my hilux went night time 4wding in some public access forestry.
    Goin down a steep wide off camber break I realised this one just dropped onto the road below.
    already to steep to back up or turn around I turned into the mature pine and stopped leaning on a tree with a rear tire a meter off the ground,into two wheel drive hand break hard on full noise in reverse and dump the clutch to slide the arse end down hill.
    thankfully it worked and just managed to clime back to the top.
    Must have sat there on a 50 deg angle for 5 mins working up the guts to try and slide the back around cos if it came off the tree before it slid it was all over big time!

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Scouser likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Isn't this sort of what this thread is all about anyway?

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...tml#post278827
    Dundee likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Fuk, ive got nothing to compare to the three yarns so far but, on my own Surf casting on the rocks by Matarangi bay on the Coromandel, 2 wheel drive Ford Courier rear left wheel is over the edge and a good foot off the ground...

no winch, and didnt have the balls to try and 'jog' it back on to the road....a kindly local with a winch got me back on the road, good 50 foot drop to the rocks below if it went wrong!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Fuk, ive got nothing to compare to the three yarns so far but, on my own Surf casting on the rocks by Matarangi bay on the Coromandel, 2 wheel drive Ford Courier rear left wheel is over the edge and a good foot off the ground...

no winch, and didnt have the balls to try and 'jog' it back on to the road....a kindly local with a winch got me back on the road, good 50 foot drop to the rocks below if it went wrong!!!!!!!
    That's why the spot is called "suckers rock"
    Scouser and Gibo like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    driving across a paddock we shouldn't have been driving across

driving around a forestry gate

Oh Dear, perhaps you should include a few more clarifying words as it could be construed as unlawful entry at best and poaching at worst.
    Come sapper this is a stuck thread you could have at least finished with ...stuck in traffic in jafa country .....technically the paddock had a paper road going through it somewhere it was dark!

nice pic gibo i cringe at such things these days .... i had a tie rod break a few years ago had a ute load of people on board to luckly it broke as i was turning around so only going slow then after that Toyota had recalls on certain models and replaced the tie rods they must have had a few break.
    Toby and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Come sapper this is a stuck thread you could have at least finished with ...stuck in traffic in jafa country .....technically the paddock had a paper road going through it somewhere it was dark!

nice pic gibo i cringe at such things these days .... i had a tie rod break a few years ago had a ute load of people on board to luckly it broke as i was turning around so only going slow then after that Toyota had recalls on certain models and replaced the tie rods they must have had a few break.
    Yeah that could have gone bad for ya.

Dont mind Sapper mate, he's never done a single thing wrong in his life
    Toby likes this.

prowling round the rakaia riverbed sunday opening w/e duckshooting 2yrs ago.mate suggests we go visit his and other mates new maimai.
    yours sincerely trundles down shingle hill in pathfinder and hey a creek in road ,other option being a soft boulder bank.
    me guns her into creek only to end up at a bloody 45'angle with one front wheel in air and water through the old bitch.after fruitless attempts to shift her ,and in fast approaching darkness ,we walked back out to main road .
    we'd managed to contact GSP follower ,who using his better halfs wagon(with her as crew)finally found us and drove in to unstick us succesfully
    result was one buggered ECU,a week without truck (on leave at GSPs place) a 5/6cylinder drive back to chch and $120 2nd hand replacement ECU-now secured well up under dashboard not under my bloody seat.

2nd time is wolfes rd lake ellesmere and GSP again.
    we were on a recce /shoot mission but the place was literally muddy quicksand.
    some arseholes burnt down the hut there a while ago and the spring fed water supply pissing up has just soaked the whole area ++++++++++++++.gsp cunning as is a little late,so your sincerely engages 4wd and puts gooserolla to work wading through the slop all tracks are carved up to my running boards ,and half way down,i decide to turn round
    .yup got onto a little soft ground ,a little speed and bang up to the floor in mud resembling babyshit and just a clingy!
    having spied latecomer ,trudged out and endured the 30mins humiliation"told you so told you so told you so" between puffs on his lung buster,before awe contacted a bloody great cockie (TL) who came and rescued me in his tractor ,which he admitted was bloody dicey after all got safely back to firmground.
    driver bloody error x2,and source of endless mirth amongst the shooting crew!!!
    Last edited by kotuku; 06-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    prowling round the rakaia riverbed sunday opening w/e duckshooting 2yrs ago.mate suggests we go visit his and other mates new maimai.
    yours sincerely trundles down shingle hill in pathfinder and hey a creek in road ,other option being a soft boulder bank.
    me guns her into creek only to end up at a bloody 45'angle with one front wheel in air and water through the old bitch.after fruitless attempts to shift her ,and in fast approaching darkness ,we walked back out to main road .
    we'd managed to contact GSP follower ,who using his better halfs wagon(with her as crew)finally found us and drove in to unstick us succesfully
    result was one buggered ECU,a week without truck (on leave at GSPs place) a 5/6cylinder drive back to chch and $120 2nd hand replacement ECU-now secured well up under dashboard not under my bloody seat.

2nd time is wolfes rd lake ellesmere and GSP again.
    we were on a recce /shoot mission but the place was literally muddy quicksand.
    some arseholes burnt down the hut there a while ago and the spring fed water supply pissing up has just soaked the whole area ++++++++++++++.gsp cunning as is a little late,so your sincerely engages 4wd and puts gooserolla to work wading through the slop all tracks are carved up to my running boards ,and half way down,i decide to turn round
    .yup got onto a little soft ground ,a little speed and bang up to the floor in mud resembling babyshit and just a clingy!
    having spied latecomer ,trudged out and endured the 30mins humiliation"told you so told you so told you so" between puffs on his lung buster,before awe contacted a bloody great cockie (TL) who came and rescued me in his tractor ,which he admitted was bloody dicey after all got safely back to firmground.
    driver bloody error x2,and source of endless mirth amongst the shooting crew!!!

Haha yes carnt forget about the humiliation factor i was lucky with the above incidents there were few onlookers ....i had a wee boating incident at the ramp this year... not so lucky o the shame !

Actually i do have a funny story mayswell tell it for a larf its about a boat getting stuck on a beech!!.
    It wasnt my boat so i dont feel tooo bad he dosnt feel the same way though when i bring it up
    We have a annual trip to this particular spot each year usually my mate comes with me but this time round he,d found a "bargain" boat...a lake boat made of some very old ply to be exact tested it only once in the clutha river before it was deemed sea worthy first day we got to the ramp it was launched but rite from the word go had a bit of trouble starting it as it turned out he didnt realise when you push the key in it,s the choke at the same time flooding it after a wile it roared into life it was actually pretty quick shot past me at a great rate of knots he had a diver on board so they went to a slightly different spot than me later in the day they pulled up along side us for a yarn and to quench the thirst he mentioned that they had taken on a little water but wasnt tooo worried and had a good day the next and last full day we all headed out again we pretty much went to the same spot after grouper they further down after crays later in the day in the back of my mind i thought hmm havent seen them for a wile hope all is well i was about to go looking for them...when sure enough there they are going like the clappers pulled up along side us in a bit of a panic the captin was perched on the side of the boat trying to balance all poised to abandon ship 1 bloke had a fish bin baling bin fulls of water off the deck the other bloke was frantically trying to start the boat again...we were all in a panic just watching wondering what the f%#k todo! then the boat roared into life holey crap all the water shot straight to the back of the boat how it didnt sink rite then who no,s but they didnt get far before the engine stopped heading to the rocks...i quickly through them a rope and towed them into this small beach around 100 meters away FULE ! everyone is safe however inbetween all this a rather large boat had pulled up and watched the events unfold with everyone ok they went about there business ....which was unloading around 300 kayaks onto the same small beach the wreck was now parked on !! as it turned out it was the start line to a very big race .... yea the next morning not only were there 300 odd people on the beech but channel 1 and 3 news helicopters filming but by this stage the boys had smashed off the engine with rocks which he got back along with everything else fule cans ropes the lot except one sorry looking beaten up hull ....the saving grace came in a big tide that night before the race when it came in it drifted slightly around a corner about 30 meters away ....he,l never live that 1 down i have a 10 second movie clip to prove it he was lucky i didnt get more as the camra was rite on the dash but being a bit flustered couldnt pic it up ......the cheapy didnt turn out so cheap with the recovery cost!!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    ....................Dont mind Sapper mate, he's never done a single thing wrong in his life
    Oh, if only you could know. But then I consider it bad form to "boast".in public. :>)
    Maca49 and Gibo like this.
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

Went goat shooting in the awakino gorge with a mate, steep country on the LH side of the road heading south. Went up a steep track in a 2 wd Diesel Toy, when it wouldn't climb anymore and the hand brake wouldn't stop it sliding back down the track! Bank on the passengers side and a bloody big drop on the drivers side. Only way we could hold it in one place was to let it idle and the back wheels slowly churning! I grabbed the cell phone and jumped out. Mate said WTF you doing? Told him if he went over the side I would ring for help!! The bright bugger put it in reverse and let it go down on the compression of the diesel! All well that ends well!
    Scouser and Boaraxa like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Went goat shooting in the awakino gorge with a mate, steep country on the LH side of the road heading south. Went up a steep track in a 2 wd Diesel Toy, when it wouldn't climb anymore and the hand brake wouldn't stop it sliding back down the track! Bank on the passengers side and a bloody big drop on the drivers side. Only way we could hold it in one place was to let it idle and the back wheels slowly churning! I grabbed the cell phone and jumped out. Mate said WTF you doing? Told him if he went over the side I would ring for help!! The bright bugger put it in reverse and let it go down on the compression of the diesel! All well that ends well!

In my above post my mate was on the down hill side sitting on the door while I was hanging in the seatbelt, he said "Im getting out" I said " like hell you are!"
    Maca49 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.