Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: On The Subject Of Likes

Scribe

On The Subject Of Likes

I just got a whole bunch of them. So far I am not in the habit of using them myself.

Rushey touched on the subject of the other day. He said If he gave a 'LIKE' it is probably only by accident as he prefers to engage directly in conversation with the person that has touched him in some way.

I feel the same. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting 'LIKES' but it is a very different style of communication.
    Rushey is obviously to old and set in his way to change now, but I might. I found myself studying those little yellow ball things the other day.

I see it this way. If I was walking along the tussock one day and I met a hunter I knew, no doubt we would sit down and roll a smoke and start yarning. Now this old guy might tell me a story about some sika stag he had been after and finally got a few days before.

Now at the end of his story, suppose I leapt to my feet screamed 'LIKE' into his face, peeled off over the edge, slid down a shingle slide and fucked off up the river he's going to think 'Scribe' has finally lost the plot and is ready for the dementia ward and he would be right.
    Pointer, bully, Toby and 2 others like this.

If I replied to every post I "liked" my post count would be 30 times what it is.
    just saves lots of "I agree" "you made me laugh" "you have a good point there" "that's brilliant" etc etc etc type posts.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    7mmsaum, Josh, Kiwi Greg and 11 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    If I replied to every post I "liked" my post count would be 30 times what it is.
    just saves lots of "I agree" "you made me laugh" "you have a good point there" "that's brilliant" etc etc etc type posts.

The above post is the result of a need to see if I could still put one up and being a bit bored. Wife is away in Australia. Hunting area is covered in snow. Fishing is stuffed 'When the wind is in the 'SOUTH' The fish shut their 'MOUTH'

I must have been closeted away with that book to long Cam, Now I need to get out and hunt, meet a few people, shoot the breeze you know.
    veitnamcam and bully like this.

I imagine by tomorrow you will have wished you never brought the subject up...every man and his dog will be hitting the "like" button for you.
    Pointer, bully and Dynastar27 like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I imagine by tomorrow you will have wished you never brought the subject up...every man and his dog will be hitting the "like" button for you.
    You are probably right "Spook" probably crash the system. It was all said in jest though I possibly should have put a yellow ball up.
    I think I am getting the hang of them. It appears to me you can say something filthy and insulting and the yellow ball makes it not filthy and insulting.

I once said something insulting on here to R93, I think he took it as an insult when it wasn't meant to be. Yellow balls would of helped???
    bully, GravelBen and big_foot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    The above post is the result of a need to see if I could still put one up and being a bit bored. Wife is away in Australia. Hunting area is covered in snow. Fishing is stuffed 'When the wind is in the 'SOUTH' The fish shut their 'MOUTH'

I must have been closeted away with that book to long Cam, Now I need to get out and hunt, meet a few people, shoot the breeze you know.
    Wind from the south fish closes mouth, wind from the east fishes' least. Just excuse's, any wind direction is good as long as it's not to strong. Always a sheltered spot somewhere on the Coro. Just gota find ya keen. Now if it was 15yrs ago-----
    bully likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

If I'm reading something and I have a chuckle I hit the like button. If someone replies to something i have said (written) I will Like their comment to acknowledge and say all is good. Prefer to surf than spend time writing replies
    bully, Toby, Maca49 and 1 others like this.

Fulla
    you could be on to something here.... in the internet world we started with "ha ha" then we went "LoL" (laugh out loud). I know teens in the real world that just say LoL now in a conversation, as in lowl like bowl but with a L not L. o. L

so yes it might not be long until we just say "like"

actually if you were 16 and had a hat on backwards you could of just started a new trend, everyone would copy you, and you would be the coolest guy in town.

Certainly work on the yellow dot things Scribe.
    It helps give context to inanimate text ya silly old fool

See what i did there?

bully and mucko like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

I find it's a way of showing appreciation for the reply or a chuckle or a well written item or piece of information etc. I hit the like button to show I've read or seen an answer, as a recognition of some ones input. I appreciate receiving them.
    veitnamcam, bully, mucko and 2 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Banned
    Ive been searching for the fuckwit button anyone seen it?,ive needed it manytimes and im sure some people have searched high and low for it for me aswell LMFO
    bully, mucko and Nibblet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post

Well @Graeme Sturgeon the doors open and the jugs hot anytime your heading past, and if you bring a mate their welcome to.
    bully likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Ive been searching for the fuckwit button anyone seen it?,ive needed it manytimes and im sure some people have searched high and low for it for me aswell LMFO
    Permanently attached to my swede Neckshot. Nearer the source of most reasons to use it.
    bully likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Aly
    Yeah I just take it as a spot of appreciation, not really communication same as how you'd give the to someone in person
    sako75, bully and Dynastar27 like this.

Aly
    Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    you could be on to something here.... in the internet world we started with "ha ha" then we went "LoL" (laugh out loud). I know teens in the real world that just say LoL now in a conversation, as in lowl like bowl but with a L not L. o. L

so yes it might not be long until we just say "like"

actually if you were 16 and had a hat on backwards you could of just started a new trend, everyone would copy you, and you would be the coolest guy in town.
    Anyone who uses an abbreviated phrase in person such as "LOL" is someone I will stare down with my eyebrow raised until they get the point...
    veitnamcam and bully like this.