Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Submissions - We All Need To Make One

Submissions - We All Need To Make One

I am part way through drafting a submission. If anyone would like a copy of it to date to help them make their own , they can pm me and I will send it to them. Feel free to use it as a base for your own submission or at least to give you some differant ideas on what to look at.

It wont be to everyones liking but it is my attempt to get some common sense into the issue . I am NOT going to post it here , because there are too many hostiles who will tear it to bits but add nothing of value.

WE actually do need a sticky post setting out how to go about the submission thing - can a moderator make that happen please ? with relevant links etc
    grunzter, timattalon, 40mm and 2 others like this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

I'm busy drafting mine too. Here's a tip, have pen and paper at hand to jot down notes and ideas as you think of them.
    40mm likes this.

yep - I am off to do something else for a while to clear my few brain cells so I can have another bash at it later

you will still need to add your stuff - like your details and any other relevant information - the body of my text will just be the bullet points ..;-)

@muzza, have they given us a submission time yet? or where do we send em etc etc? maybe the sticky thread can include all the whats and hows etc.
    cheers. @Recoil, that is a great idea, Iv just found a small note book to carry with me.

I might print out some factual bullet points to give to interested people too.
    Use enough gun

I dont know mate . I was hoping someone that did know would post the link. I here tuesday as the last day but not sure on that

There is no opportunity to post a submission on the upcoming firearms legislation.
    Here is the website https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/sc/m...ubmission/open

You will have to email each MP separately. Unfortunately Labour MP's have publicly said they will not listen to "gun lobby" submissions. Judith Collins has also publicly stated her opposition to guns, so even National party MP's are probably a waste of time. None of them will want to be publicly seen as being soft on firearms at the moment.
    My gut feeling is the legislation is already written, will be pushed through under urgency and will contain all sorts of fish hooks that werent intended. Much like their Order in Council effectively banning all centrefire semi-auto's even though they said they were only banning "military style" ones.
    JoshC likes this.

@stug. Thanks. I've been mulling over what approach to take in the almost total absence of policy on which to comment.
    I hope they realise that the so called minority of 234000 licence holders mostly have spouses hushands son daughters and friends. The actual vote effect could easily be a million. Political creatires seeking power or trying to gain power will fear this.

You can send comments to the email address shown on this webpage
    https://www.parliament.nz/en/get-inv...ok5fXQEubVc1uQ

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    @stug. Thanks. I've been mulling over what approach to take in the almost total absence of policy on which to comment.
    I hope they realise that the so called minority of 234000 licence holders mostly have spouses hushands son daughters and friends. The actual vote effect could easily be a million. Political creatires seeking power or trying to gain power will fear this.
    Especially as we all have husbands, daughters, sons etc all of whom will also be financially impacted if we must surrender lawfully held / owned items for less than full value. Not too mention the impact it could have in other ways as most people with firearms use them in other ways too such as filling the freezer to name one

@Cigar. Thanks. Thats a start at least; however I do hope the PM will disclose more details tomorrow 25th so we have something more concrete to speak to. Thanks though.

Colfo are suggesting we wait until we have more information. That is probably good advice - as is joining that group or making a donation to that group. They have a better rapport with them that matter than Bruce from Rangiora does......

In the mean time , write your submission , but be prepared to amend it . Get some one else to proof read it - if its unreadable then its meaningless.
    PTK and timattalon like this.

When is the submission due to close? IE when do I have to send it in by? And do I need to send it to each politician individually to make it or is there some sort of committee address to send it to?

If they follow due democratic process the timeframe, and address for submissions must be gazetted publicly and the select committee member named.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    If they follow due democratic process the timeframe, and address for submissions must be gazetted publicly and the select committee member named.
    That assumes they will follow Due Democratic Process.....which looks unlikely at this point in time.
    chainsaw likes this.