Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sydney, here I come. What to buy?

I caught my smelly armpits from Cowboy Tone's Avatar

Sydney, here I come. What to buy?

Off to Sydney in March next year. I was going to buy a weaver grand slam euro from the states, but thinking can I get a good/better deal in Sydney. Apart from the cross, any shops worth a good look?

A ticket home.

Ejected
    +1 strike that. +100

Not worth saving money for then? Any decent outdoor shops?

I hate Sydney.

Serious answer: Lots of stores in Australia have good stock of projectiles/brass/reloading equipment but prices are comparable to NZ. Nightforce are cheaper than NZ but still more than the USA by a fair margin. Wouldn't bother myself.

You appear to be thinking ahead quite abit & I guess you mean March this year ?

Yeah good call Kiwi Greg
    I havent been overseas Naff all and am looking forward to it. All my trips overseas have been strictly work related and never had the chance to "cruise the shops"
    But now that Gimp and Wirehunt have burst my bubble I dont know what I am going to do over there? Except maybe wish I was at home????

There must surely be some scenery that isn't too leathery ?

MEB
    I can honestly say If I got a free trip to sydney(I refuse to use a capital) I'd get there and then hire a car and visit somewhere else.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Like wise, I reckon Sydney is a Shit Hole!

The best part about Sydney is;
    1) Its 3 hours up the road from here!
    2) The Air Port and Hume Hi-way out of the place!!!

Just Kiddin Tone!
    Check out SAFARI Firearms and drop in and have a chat with Gary (Son) and George (Father) and tell them J.B. (me) from Canberra, suggested you drop in!
    Mate, let me assure you, I'm not setting you up with that introduction!!!
    Gary & George run the best Gun Shop in NSW!

By the way , in my experience, the only people that actually LIVE in Sydney, are on the Northern Beaches and Eastern Suburbs!
    The rest of them Just Exist there!!!

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer

The first and last time I went to Sydney was mid last year. I arrived at the airport and got held up in customs because I have a conviction and ticked the box that I did. (10 years ago and very minor) After 2 hours I was given the OK. So outside I go and all buses are gone and I have to find my way to Manly. Never been in Sydney before and so I ask around. No-one knows anything. I manage to find may way to the train station and catch a train to circular quay. Thinking great way to see the scenery. So off we go, and immediately go underground! 10 mins later up we come to a station with 1000 people. On with some, off with the others and away we go....underground WTF! 6 or 7 of these episodes. So getting to Circular quay after having 4.5 mins of daylight and a 1/2 hour trip I am off to the ferry to get to Manly. And away we go. It was pissing down that hard I never saw the harbour bridge and only half the opera house. Got to Manly and had to walk to the hotel. Wet. Wet Wet. Trust my luck for it to be the biggest 5 day downpour in Sydneys history for the last few years! 3 day course and I am on NZ time so waking around 3am twiddling thumbs. The weather was shit, but, get this, the swell was a solid 2-3 meters on the face. On the second night there was an electrical storm with mean arse forked lightening all the time. I thought "why not" After yarning to the consierge[Sorry for spelling Gimp] Borrowed some fins from one of the staff of the hotel and there I was 40 meters off shore, Body Surfing Manly beach at 3am in an electrical storm with near on perfect conditions. Something that I will probably never get to do ever again.

Take a trip up to Nimbin and relax for a day or two.

Ejected
    That airport's not much chop Homer

It is good for storms Tone, and impressive ones too!

I spent three days in Sydney once. Never again.
    Baz likes this.

OK Fair enough you guys saying (Basically) Sydney is a shit hole. But why? Is it because it is a big city with fark all parking and real hassle to go anywhere. The people? Is it like every other big city? Is Auckland the same?