Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By Keltic_Kiwi
  • 8 Post By jakesae101

Thread: Te Papa and War Memorial Exhibits

Te Papa and War Memorial Exhibits

Just back from a three day trip to Wellington and thanks to our Capital City for putting on 2 days of useable weather, yesterday was wet and windy but that meant a visit to Gun City wasn't such a bad idea

Did make a stop off at NZAR15 but noone home except the guard dog who eventually let me pass after a tummy rub (for him not me)

The visit was to go and see the two ANZAC displays with the boys and frankly they are both amazing. If you are going dont chose one or the other do both they are equally brilliant and different.

We paid for a guided around the war memorial and she was a great addition with lots of information and insights into the exhibits.

An early bird pass for the Gallipoli tour at Te Papa got us ahead of the crowd and again the display did not disappoint.

Peter Jackson has loaned a lot of his private collection and both of his companies, Weta and Wingnut have contributed to a fantastic day out.

The colourised photos really do bring a new life to the old photos and leave you in no doubt as to the courage and bravery shown by the troops on both sides in what were horrendous conditions.
    Dundee, Brian, teFerrarri and 4 others like this.
    7. Avoid alcohol or drugs when handling firearms

Good judgement is the key to safe use of firearms.

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

I work as the facilities manager for the great war exhibition up at the war memorial glad to hear you enjoyed its amazing what you can build in 4 months . I walk through every morning and still see new things or learn something new we are adding another room hopefully for anzac day 2016 and have our full blown trench experience running by then too it has caused us all sleepless nights and long days and we were littlerally kicking tradies out before we opened the doors for the opening but we are all very proud to work here
    R93, Maca49, teFerrarri and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesae101 View Post
    I work as the facilities manager for the great war exhibition up at the war memorial glad to hear you enjoyed its amazing what you can build in 4 months . I walk through every morning and still see new things or learn something new we are adding another room hopefully for anzac day 2016 and have our full blown trench experience running by then too it has caused us all sleepless nights and long days and we were littlerally kicking tradies out before we opened the doors for the opening but we are all very proud to work here
    The only downside of the new area at the front of the memorial is the fact that it has been taken over by skateboarders, as somewhere that is meant to be for reflection and tranquillity they need to be banned!
    7. Avoid alcohol or drugs when handling firearms

Good judgement is the key to safe use of firearms.

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

yes tell the ministry of culture and heritage because ive tried and they didn't want to hear what i had to say if it were up to me there would be none trust me

GWH
    I viewed the display at Te Papa a couple of weekends ago, the giant models of the solders were incredible! Great display, shame i missed the other display while there.