Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By berg243
  • 1 Post By nzfubz

Thread: Tech Help needed

Tech Help needed

So we have fibre and are currently using the provided modem -> https://www.vodafone.co.nz/cms/docum...-userguide.pdf its started to cause some issues with multiple devices not connecting and dropping out etc. I want to replace and upgrade. Trouble is I can't find one that has all the features that we need. We have Sky/Vodafone TV, Phone, Set top box, and Ps4. The phone seems to be where I'm getting stuck with no units I can find have the "Home Gateway" aspect with the phone option.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

make sure your modem has plenty of air around it .overheating was the biggest killer of them when I was a faultman , same with sky decoders in an enclosed cabinet sitting under or directly on top of the vcr . even sitting on the window sill in direct sunlight will kill them too.
    nzfubz and Cordite like this.

If you are on fibre you do not need a modem, that is done by the other box. All you need is a router. A lot of modems can be used as a router only Look for something with a WAN port.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

If these guys don't have it no-one will and feel free to call them they are awesome

. LAN PRODUCTS
    If there is lead in the air there is hope

There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Unfortunately not. No phone line. I realize all I need is a router as the fibre is through a modem. I need a router that has the phone plugs too as we have the landline plugged in to a separate phone jack, that won't work on Wan

Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    Unfortunately not. No phone line. I realize all I need is a router as the fibre is through a modem. I need a router that has the phone plugs too as we have the landline plugged in to a separate phone jack, that won't work on Wan
    You should have two boxes. A fibre modem/phone mux, that terminates the fibre, and a router. The modem part of the HG659 is not used and it is not the box the phones plug into.

my phone plugs into it, 3rd from the left.... If up the right way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Check the box the grey cable on the left goes to, that is usually were they plug phones into. Switch the phone across and try it.

Ta and thanks for the Pm that modem is bloody hard to get to so will get to it later to try the phone directly into that. If that works I'm sorted as I have a router much like you linked off trademe from aliexpress, apparently all the bells and whistles

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    gadgetman likes this.