Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Telecom & Super City Wallys

9 months ago the Supercity's contractors dig up our streets footpaths, they were asphalt and went from boundary to kerb, nice wide footpaths with no grass berm so you didn't need to mow.

They replaced them with concrete footpaths and crossings but with a 1m wide berm so you need to mow them, I haven't owned a mower in 20 years.

Two months after that our street and neighbouring streets get re-asphalted so all in all she's looking great.

This month Telecom come along and the trench along the footpaths and trench across the roads to install ducts for there Ultrafast broad band, now the neighbourhood looks like a patchwork quilt.

I shift into my new house 4 weeks ago so call Telecom a couple weeks before hand to make the connection, what an experience that is. They say it will be about 6 weeks to connect, I tell the lady the pole is outside my front fence and you only need to dig a trench approx 10m along the footpath to where my duct is at the front boundary, still no go. Her excuse was she needed a road opening notice to dig up the footpath, I told her she didn't as I had no footpath. When the footpath contractor dug up the footpaths I asked him not to replace ours as we needed access while we built our place, he agreed that he would come back at a later to finish it, she still didn't budge. I'd have to wait for there contractor to dig the trench and lay the duct/cable.

In the meantime Telecom send me a bill for this months rental, shit this was funny as so a phone call next day to wind them up had my misses pissing with laughter as I was winding the poor lady up at Telecom, "a bill for what, I dont even have a telephone line to my house" shit they couldn't see the funny side.

Come home from work early one afternoon and the broad band man is digging a trench along the footpath past the pole and my duct sticking out from my front fence, I have a yarn with him and a simple please and thank you hey presto I have a duct installed, Chorus turn up yesterday to scope out what they need to do which is fuck all by now, I tell the guy that he needs to get a cable in the duct and connected asap, shit all he did was moan that I hadn't installed a draw wire, shit that got me going as it was just a straight lenth of 25mm green conduit from point A to point B. He got in his ute and buggered off very quickly, an hour or so later another Chorus man turns up to install the wiring but doesn't make the connections, he says that some else will do that so won't hold my breath for that.

So talking to the neighbour this morning he says another contractor is going to dig up the street for some reason, I think its Vector this time????

Cocks, its no different down here mate
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

The Original Striker
    I know where your coming from. I'm a part of an underground company that has contracts in the UFB, RBI among others and we do allot of work for telecommunications all over the place. Half the time the problems are from the councils let alone before any other organisations dig there nose in
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Old just moved into house they just build - 2 YEARs for connection they have been told hahahahahahaha

The buggers finally got there act together and got us connected, jesus what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like up the road here....put a new path in then dig it up... Had my front grass section at work dug up 5 times so far this year and the last fuckers didn't clear all the rocks and it did $250 damage to the ride on (just parts cost) when the office lady mowed over it.... They did some new lines on the road too...two days before they re-did the tahr, someone got there dates wrong... the list goes on with lack of comunication at councils etc... Just a friggen joke.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

The Super City is a f**king joke.
    Welcome to Sako club.