Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Test & Tagging Electrical equipment

  1. #1
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229

    Test & Tagging Electrical equipment

    Pretty sure someone on the forum mentioned they in tested appliances . Im looking into buying a machine but am seeking advice first . Ive got 30 tools (leads ,tools,chargers list goes on ) = 30 x 4(every 3 mths) x $7 =$840 per yr . Plus the time taken to arrange a site visit or drop off . Two years its payed for . Are there any snags to consider
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  2. #2
    Addicted puku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maniototo
    Posts
    2,018
    Last edited by puku; 13-08-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Wrong tag
    Dundee likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

  3. #3
    Member Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,883
    @Maca49. He knows all the rules. We do it but I consider it just another rout .
    Tommy likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

  4. #4
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,441
    Get a copy of AS/NZS3000. You need to be "competent" to do PAT testing. Plus you need to keep records for 5 years IIRC.
    Munsey likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  5. #5
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,277
    you might want to check Munsey that you don't need to hold "some type of Electrical Registration" to be able to issue the certs
    I am pretty sure it has to be done by a Qualified " person whatever the hell that means, see below

    Test & tag regime | Energy Safety

    We use cordless tools and have plenty of batteries (charged off the worksite ) to get around this

  6. #6
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    you might want to check Munsey that you don't need to hold "some type of Electrical Registration" to be able to issue the certs
    I am pretty sure it has to be done by a Qualified " person whatever the hell that means, see below

    Test & tag regime | Energy Safety

    We use cordless tools and have plenty of batteries (charged off the worksite ) to get around this
    So you have to charge work tools at home?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  7. #7
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,277
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    So you have to charge work tools at home?
    Now you are thinking like me

  8. #8
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    you might want to check Munsey that you don't need to hold "some type of Electrical Registration" to be able to issue the certs
    I am pretty sure it has to be done by a Qualified " person whatever the hell that means, see below

    Test & tag regime | Energy Safety

    We use cordless tools and have plenty of batteries (charged off the worksite ) to get around this
    No, not for test and tag. You must be "competent".
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  9. #9
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Get a copy of AS/NZS3000. You need to be "competent" to do PAT testing. Plus you need to keep records for 5 years IIRC.
    Yes I've seen the "competent" but can't see the level of "competency " . The two enquires I've made so far say there is no requirement to do a training course . In saying that I do see there are courses available . My fear is buying this thing and there being a change in the rules , and end up with a $ 1,500.00 paper weight
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  10. #10
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    So you have to charge work tools at home?
    Ive got 22 batteries to charge iv just worked out
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  11. #11
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Yes I've seen the "competent" but can't see the level of "competency " . The two enquires I've made so far say there is no requirement to do a training course . In saying that I do see there are courses available . My fear is buying this thing and there being a change in the rules , and end up with a $ 1,500.00 paper weight
    AS/NZS3760:2010 is a good one to have. Standards cost me a bomb but the electrical ones appear free.
    Maca49 likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  12. #12
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Now you are thinking like me
    I ask because my phone charger at work is test tagged ffs
    EeeBees likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  13. #13
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,277
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I ask because my phone charger at work is test tagged ffs
    My phone charger is in my car Plugs into ciggy lighter

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Pretty sure someone on the forum mentioned they in tested appliances . Im looking into buying a machine but am seeking advice first . Ive got 30 tools (leads ,tools,chargers list goes on ) = 30 x 4(every 3 mths) x $7 =$840 per yr . Plus the time taken to arrange a site visit or drop off . Two years its payed for . Are there any snags to consider
    Yep you won't do it! If it's single phase testing only it is simple, if you do RCDs you'll need an RCD tester as well! You need to test to NZS, I can help with that. You have the cost of tags, different colour every 3 mths, time, printer if you buy a good machine, PM me
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    962
    It's a load of shit!
    If your residential don't you get away with 6 month tags? I think we pay $5 per tag but it still doesn't stop people hurting themselves.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Question for electrical engineers
    By xring in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 11:25 AM
  2. WTB reloading equipment
    By Heisenburg in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  3. Vintage Equipment
    By nevada in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-03-2014, 06:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!