Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree52Likes
  • 22 Post By akaroa1
  • 15 Post By R93
  • 8 Post By Spanners
  • 3 Post By akaroa1
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 3 Post By R93

Thread: Thanks to @Spanners and the admin

Thanks to @Spanners and the admin

I would just like to thank @Spanners, admin and the core group on nzhs.

This is a difficult time for all gun owners and non gun owners.
    I have always strictly avoided the posts verging on politics and religion and appreciate the admins policies on these subjects.

Right now I choose not to directly comment but am still keeping abreast of the sentiments and statements on this forum.

This forum and its type is a vital way for like minded responsible firearm shooters and hunters to communicate and network.

I personally joined the forum shortly after a major hunting accident when I was physically unable to participate in the sport that I love.
    The forum gave me an opportunity to engage with like minded people and offer support and advice to less experienced new members.
    I'm now fully fit and active again and in part the forum and those who actively and positively participate have helped with that.

I take a number of new entrants to hunting and experiensed foreign visitors hunting in nz every year. This keeps me grounded and aware of the extraordinary resource we have in nz.

We all need to be aware of what we do have and how lucky we are to have it.
    We need to give back also and be generous with our time and knowledge.

We need to be aware that we have our own particular / peculiar language and that the public and media do not and will not understand this.
    We must be patient and measures when the public and friends who know we are hunters and shooters ask us questions about our weapons and our sports.

And once again thanks you to the forum admin for the generally thankless job you do

Cheers

Well said

R93
    +1 mate.
    The team has done an awesome job.

I have read a lot on here the last few days but have for the most part avoided getting into it.
    It does bother me to see a number of posters willing to throw other members interests under a bus in the hopes that what interests them, will be overlooked.
    You are as stupid and miss guided as the antis. Wake up.

I am still processing what happened in our country.
    I knew we were never likely to avoid it one way or the other, but fuck me.

Like many others my life revolves around firearms and associated interests. 99% of my friends and family are as just enthusiastic as I am.

That is all about to change. How much I don't know.
    I fear the worst but am hoping for the best.
    I just do not have confidence in this country anymore to make reasoned decisions. We have become weak and predicable which is sad.

The fact that the government has already agreed to change a mere 3 days after this tragic event proves they care more about being seen to do something more than they do about what actually happened. It is ludicrous.
    Whatever happens I can only hope as a community we stick together and fight for common sense.
    There are close to 260,000 of us that are deemed fit and proper people.
    We have been under more scrutiny than any other citizen.
    Surely that counts for something?
    One POS that did not grow up here with our values, ethics and way of life can't be seen to achieve his goal after such a cowardly and horrendous attack.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    I would just like to thank @Spanners, admin
    In no particular order lol,
    Gimp, 7mmsaum, DAF, Jakewire, Wildman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barefoot, R93, nzfubz and 5 others like this.

My Church is the wilderness and my relationship with it and the hunting and fishing and companionship I find there ( and with my family ) with others or alone sustains me materially ( lots of meat) , physically and emotionally.

It is at the core of who I am and what I believe in and nothing will change that ... even restricting the type of weapon I use.

That I currently choose to use a muzzleloader in no way reflects badly on any other user group.

We are a very broad Church
    R93, keneff and Mathias like this.

+1 many thanks to all you guys. Much appreciated.

and +++++1 for what @R93 has stated above.

Politicians and those with an anti-gun agenda are using this awful event to push through a pre-determined agenda with out truly taking time to get to the root cause of what happened & why.
    Too many hard questions and rocks that some people dont want to look under I suspect
    gadgetman likes this.

even restricting the type of weapon I use.
    Don't join the left mate - we use firearms, not weapons.

R93
    My Church is the wilderness and my relationship with it and the hunting and fishing and companionship I find there ( and with my family ) with others or alone sustains me materially ( lots of meat) , physically and emotionally.

It is at the core of who I am and what I believe in and nothing will change that ... even restricting the type of weapon I use.

That I currently choose to use a muzzleloader in no way reflects badly on any other user group.

We are a very broad Church
    Nicely put.

I also love running around a range wasting ammo at targets as much as I love the backcountry.
    I travel and spent a lot to do so. I have met awesome people and a lot of members of this forum because of my interests. I could mention a shit load of forum members who have given their valuable time and companionship to help me.
    To me that is priceless.

I feel sorry for people that can't see we have a culture and community and are for the most part, better people because of it.
    I am also saddened how people have no idea where modern society is going.
    You can take away my interests for now, but I will find a way to being happy.

Take electricity or supermarkets away from most and they will die, or at the very least, turn into what they make out us hunters and shooters to be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    akaroa1, keneff and Mathias like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.