Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By Rushy
  • 1 Post By rossi.45
  • 5 Post By P38
  • 2 Post By Kiwi-Hunter
  • 2 Post By Kiwi-Hunter
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 1 Post By gonetropo

Thread: thanks you thieving fucking scumbags

thanks you thieving fucking scumbags

well , i heard on the radio the other day kapiti is have a crimewave of cars being broken into .... fuckers hit both mine last night , .... radar detectors taken , nothing else , quick cash for meth ..... i wish i had heard them ..... ..both cars up drive , past secured gate , ....
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bloody pricks Stumpy. Take out an ad in the local rag saying they have one week to return them and completely make good all damage or you will hunt them like the rabbits they are. Add in that you don't know who they are but you have a particular set of skills and they really should not want you to find them. Then wait three days and place another ad saying who ever fucked off Stumpy better put it right coz he fucked up my shit badly when I stole an apple from his tree.
    Last edited by Rushy; 30-10-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Feral, stumpy, WallyR and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

' Good Luck '
    stumpy likes this.

Thieves are scum all right

Put in cameras for next time and at least report it to the cops, they can't do much if they don't know.
    I got hit and the cops managed to DNA the career burglar who did it (Samuel Wilkinson is a piece of shit) and got a conviction so y'never know..

P38
    Agree

Put up cameras @stumpy

The cunts that kept breaking into my house were arrested within hours of me showing the cops the video.

Three cops all identified the Arseholes within seconds of viewing the video.

Their lawyer tried to say it wasn't them until the police prosecutor played the video, in HD, close up showing all their faces.

They got 2years this time, burgled 8 houses in my neighbourhood over four days.

Also my house alarm goes direct to the watch house now, cops were on the scene within 5 minutes of the alarm going off.

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Put up cameras

Put up cameras @stumpy
    P38 Also my house alarm goes direct to the watch house now, cops were on the scene within 5 minutes of the alarm going off.
    NICE:

I need cameras as well( someone) I think this is one of the best ways of fixing the problems.
    We shouldn't have to, but this is the day and age that they have taken the biff away.
    Not enough work no military training to fix the odd problem child and the list can go on and on.

KH
    Last edited by Kiwi-Hunter; 30-10-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

Your are quick gadgetman, may be a forum camera buy
    KH
    gadgetman and Gerbs like this.

well boys , if we were staying in NZ , i would camera up for sure ..... but in two months time , we are canada bound for good ......
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-Hunter View Post
    Your are quick gadgetman, may be a forum camera buy
    KH
    I'd be keen on a camera setup. So would my old man. We were just talking about it this morning.
    Kiwi-Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    well boys , if we were staying in NZ , i would camera up for sure ..... but in two months time , we are canada bound for good ......
    You will need cameras there, Moose with the AR stumpy? The net! you won't be the far away.

just dont buy junk cameras. you need ones that will do low light as well as infra red illumination. accept nothing under 650 TVL (television lines) and preferably go HD.
    the gear i use is great , you can zoom in and still make out who is on film. a cheap system wont do that, you zoom in and it either looks like a blur or the guy from pak n save.
    also make sure your DVR system is motion caption capable. to give you an idea of how this works imagine a checkerboard of the image but that damn bush in the corner keeps moving so it keeps on recording. you can then delete the bush from the motion capture so it only records when motion is in the rest of the screen.
    now the really neat bit, you set it to record ( eg) 30 seconds of loop. so it records 30 seconds and theres no movement, so it records over it but then movement occurs and it just keep recording. the upshot of this is that you actually have a recording of normality before the offender appears on screen
    also since memory is so ridiculously cheap you can afford a T1 system, that is it records in full real time rather than the old systems where the offender would be recorded with frames missing. eg: at the letter box, then 3 steps from it, then 6 ......etc

also you can get some pretty small unobtrusive beams that will go across driveways that will alert you by what ever means you want inside your house. i suggest a small buzzer so you can go out and "make your day" if you know what i mean
    sako75 likes this.

can you post some more info on what you have? brand and potential supplier?
    Cheers

Ive been looking into it, but really you want to have the recording off site such as being uploaded via the internet. Otherwise they just take the control box with hdd and you're stuffed.

Onto my 3rd cctv system, now using wireless Arlo cameras.

Arlo by NETGEAR: Wireless & AC-Powered Security Cameras

Camera is wireless, just mount and leave, signal is wifi back to router in the lounge and cloud upload upon recording, plus can easily add more cameras as they're completely wireless (runs off batteries). There's a handy app for recording notifications, arm/disarm, live view. Not the cheapest solution out there though.

Ive had my ranger broken into twice this year. Bastards got me just before I went to stewart island and took over $10,000 worth. Every piece of hunting kit I owned bar my rifles.

Then they got me again and tried to take the whole ute, couldn't get it so grabbed some expensive rangefinders and binos. Bastards.

If it was my own home id be setting up cameras for sure. I realy want one I can set up inside the cab that records when a door is opened. Thatd be they way to get the bastards.