Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: Things you did as a kid.......

Caretaker

Things you did as a kid.......

Just got off the phone to me mum who has reminded me of the things that i "apparently " did as a kid

Living in Brisbane we had no shortage of outdoors things to do, but one arvo we had a huge electrical storm outside and i wasn't allowed out, so imprisoned inside i made my own fun.

"Apparently" i found the electric scissors while no one was looking and cut the curtains in my room into a lot of bits, and my sisters curtains, then i cut my 4yr old sisters hair, then made a singlet for her with her shirt

I got away with that one but got a hiding from dad when i drained his tropical fish pond and put the water in the fuel tank of his singer vogue.

I had a mate at school that discovered you could light fly spray and burned his parents chook house to the ground, we both got a hiding for that

My grandfather Buster Smith from Te Aute Hawkes Bay was in his early teens when he painted some cows bright Red, his story and interview was on the National Radio programme , i can still remember him laughing as he recalled the hiding he got.

What did you guys get away with, and what got you a tanned arse
    Last edited by 7mmsaum; 18-06-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I mainly got a tanned arse for things my twin did. he could lie and say it wasn't him better than I could tell the truth (and knowing that since it wasn't me it was obviously him) and say it wasn't me.

There were of course plenty of things I did.
    sako75 and stingray like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I was an Angel! Nothing to report here!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

most memorable for me walloping an old coke can with a ball pein hammer behind my fathers apprentice mechanic while he was using the gas cutter he thought the oxy acetylene bottles had exploded and fair shit himself, grandfather took to me with an old school teachers cane for calling him a stupid old prick one day, got a hiding for sticking my hands all over some wet paint on a stock car my father had just finished painting, got another for getting a small cylinder hone jammed inside an oil filter, starting up the combine harvester that was at the back of dads workshop which he was part owner of. As for mum well she broke numerous wooden spoons on my arse for various sins I committed.

But isn't it funny how when your father told you as a kid what mischief he got up to and he always ended the yarn with and if I ever catch you doing that I will fair boot your arse, shit that was an invite to go give some of those things a shot without getting caught.

Funniest was my brother getting pissed one night then he went and did donuts on an earthworks site and got his car stuck needless to say he got a hiding his car taken off him and he was made to clean up his mess with a shovel by the contractor while him and the old man watched before my brother could get his car towed out.
    7mmsaum, gadgetman and stingray like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I was an Angel! Nothing to report here!
    We that would make too for us then I guess
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    We that would make too for us then I guess
    I call BS
    EeeBees likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I grew up on a farm, when I was 3-4yr old I fed the Labrador "Everything" in the fridge, apparently it couldn't stand!
    One other time I let the dogs & pet lamb in the house to play, Mum said the place was a mess. There was a chook shed incident too, geez I wish I could remember that stuff.
    Mum was always clobbering me with the wooden spoon for shit I did, I still remember the day I got big enough to take it off her when she tried to give me a hiding, I was laughing at her & she just said "fine your father can deal with you when he gets home" that didn't work out so well for me
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Yeah I'd love to add a bit here but I have yet to be identified as the culprit for some of my best work and my parents are still alive , but I did get my younger brother some real good hidings ....... heh heh heh yeah , I can still hear him squealing his innocence as Dad hurt him less than he hurt himself ( WTF was that " this will hurt me more than it hurts you" bullshit , I mean Faaaark gimme credit I was only 5 and I knew that was bullshit when I heard it ) anyhow , the "P's" bought a new leather 2 seater ( late 60's ) and for whatever reason ( honestly I really don't know why ) I stuck a knitting needle thru the rear cushion and it felt so cool the way it just sorta poiked thru the leather...........so I did it again ( you should be able to see where this is going ) so 50 holes later I pause to admire my handy work and realise that this is going to be hard to hide, so I abandon the project and retreat to normality and await the inevitable discovery of the crime.........didn't have to wait long, the old man was livid , mother was hysterical ( her favourite exclamation at the time was " Shitting Dogs !!"...............I remember how funny it sounded when she squeaked it ) Father (dear ) lined up the 3 boys , the youngest being only 2 , and launched into an interrogation ( he's a lawyer ) that eventually ( and I mean eventually .... I thought for a minute that I might actually have to admit it was me ) , Ha Dear old Dad was 6 foot 4 and he didn't 1/2 look silly bending over far enough to get right in our faces , brandishing the hearth brush ( reminds me of Basil Faulty ) but the younger ( 6yo ) , in the face of unendurable pressure ( and just in time ) admitted guilt , silly little cnut , and no , I don't have a single pang of guilt ..... he's a feckin lawyer now too
    Last edited by hamsav; 18-06-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

I did borrow dads hammer one day. That wasn't too good with him being a builder and all.

I used the hair trimmer for balsa model making because it had a nice sharp razor blade in it. Ended up slicing my thumb to the bone.

Used to enjoy running across the busy road to see how close I could beat the vehicles. Mum wasn't impressed with the state of the bus driver sitting on the curb looking a greyish white colour.

Always is scraps and coming home way after I was meant to be home.

More of dad's work tools getting borrowed. I'm sure he would have had more hammers and saws, but apparently he didn't.

.... I could keep going for hours. But obviously I couldn't coz I was a little angle. Anyone heard of Dennis the menace?
    7mmsaum likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

P38
    I'm stil not ready to own up to some of the things I got up to as a kid so I choose not to publicly incriminate myself

The statute of limitations defence won't hold any water if Gran ever bloody finds out and I'm bloody sure she still has a mean back hand swing..

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

P38
    I'm stil not ready to own up to some of the things I got up to as a kid so I choose not to publicly incriminate myself

The statute of limitations defence won't hold any water if Gran ever bloody finds out and I'm bloody sure she still has a mean back hand swing.

So best I keep quiet.

Cheers
    Pete
    Pengy likes this.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

My parents are still alive so I am not admitting anything on here!
    mikee, Beaker, Gibo and 2 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

R93
    I was always doing something I shouldn't have been.
    Like Cam I am not admitting to anything I got away with.

Got drunk in 4th form one lunchtime and destroyed the high schools brand new drum set when I fell into it, off my trolley😆
    Fair to say I have had a forest worth of wooden spoons and a cows worth of leather worn out on my hide.

Hated my Oldman always telling me he was an angel and never did anything wrong as a kid.
    Found out from rellys in later years he was a right cnut and almost worse than my brother and I.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Learning how to syphon gas and teaching myself to drive at age 11.Heavily into bomb making and an addiction to petrol and matches at 12.Dangerous driving charge at 13.
    Getting a gsx1100 from state insurance at 15.BIG THANKS to the guardian angle that kept me alive through all this.
    Jesus my own son better not try any of this shit or I'll kill him.
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, R93 and 2 others like this.

hmmm I wonder if young @hunter270 will surface and confess to a few that got him in the shit with me when he was a kid (probably not)
    gadgetman, 308 and Beaker like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals