Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree11644Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

P38
    Life just much more bloody complicated

The clouds have gone

But so have all the beers, and nobody ( including me ) wants to do a run to my third floor room to get me some more. And to make things worst the sun has also bloody set.

Only good thing is it's still warm and the dip in the pool was refreshing.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  194.5 KB

Why does my life need to be so complicated

Cheers
    Pete
    gadgetman, stingray and Tommy like this.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post

The clouds have gone

But so have all the beers, and nobody ( including me ) wants to do a run to my third floor room to get me some more. And to make things worst the sun has also bloody set.

Attachment 74602

Cheers
    Pete
    She's a tough life alright, Pete. Might as well dig in and make a meal of it.
    P38 and stingray like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Will someone please tell these dickheads who run these political polls not to fucking ring me when Im on the throne divesting myself of the calorie intake +ale from the previous 24hrs.
    I cannot,repeat cannot shit and talk at the same time.
    there is a vague connection a lot think polis are shitheads and i can talk shit.
    It didnt help me being on nightshift and being woken twice by earnest spotty herberts on the bloody phone wishing to sell me their political preferences!

P38
    @kotuku

I used to unplug my phone when I was sleeping after working nights.

Learnt the hard way, being woken by the phone is not a happy way to start your day.

Cheers
    Pete

Went to back the old landcruiserupcthe drive and she wouldn't move.... Foot to the floor backing up a small incline and nothing.... Low range and she moved, this can't be a good thing

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Went to back the old landcruiserupcthe drive and she wouldn't move.... Foot to the floor backing up a small incline and nothing.... Low range and she moved, this can't be a good thing
    Not usually @223nut

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    If it's an auto, some auto boxes don't like reversing when cold if they're a bit tired.. but other times it can simply be that the ATF is a bit low.

Had that problem with my Safari after the replacement gbox was dropped in, had to give it plenty of revs before it would reverse out of the garage.. finally found out you check the fluid level in those boxes with the engine running, while warm. Took an extra litre or so of ATF to bring it up to full, and reversed like a charm when cold after that.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    If it's an auto, some auto boxes don't like reversing when cold if they're a bit tired.. but other times it can simply be that the ATF is a bit low.

Had that problem with my Safari after the replacement gbox was dropped in, had to give it plenty of revs before it would reverse out of the garage.. finally found out you check the fluid level in those boxes with the engine running, while warm. Took an extra litre or so of ATF to bring it up to full, and reversed like a charm when cold after that.
    One should always check ATF level when warm on a level surface. I remember experiencing a similar problem years ago but any incline I'd lose drive completely (particularly when cold), turned out I had a leaking torque converter seal. $2 part but a lot more to remove the transmission in order to replace it.
    "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

- John Correia

Yep auto, yep when cold. Had it in or a trans service last winter (first one since it left the factory 360,000km ) think they over filled it as it shows full for hotwhen hot or cold... Might take it back and get it done again, gunk will have come loose sincere fluid was so bad last time

@P38 i can see your problem running up to the third floor for more beverages would be a task and I'm suprised that pool isn't empty on that angle.
    P38 and Ryan_Songhurst like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...7&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post

The clouds have gone

Cheers
    Pete
    I HATE buggers who skite while they are on tropical holidays.

I HATE your quote - "Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it."

Mainly because it's true.
    P38 likes this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    @P38 i can see your problem running up to the third floor for more beverages would be a task and I'm suprised that pool isn't empty on that angle.
    @Dundee

They have special water here, sticks to the pool like magic

I suggested to the manager they should put a beer fridge by the pool ....... However He wasn't too keen, something about would just attract homeless drunks to his Hotel ..... Kinda like me I guess

Cheers
    Pete
    Dundee likes this.

Never ever had a problem with any of my teeth, haven't even had a filling or a toothache before and my wisdom teeth came out nice and straight so I never had them removed.... Untill last night, one of them started causing me an incredible amount of pain (like rolling on the floor like a little girl pain..) so I ended up in the dentists chair at 9pm. Had them all taken out, felt ok due to anesthetic untill this morning now I feel like someones taken to my face with a cricket bat

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Never ever had a problem with any of my teeth, haven't even had a filling or a toothache before and my wisdom teeth came out nice and straight so I never had them removed.... Untill last night, one of them started causing me an incredible amount of pain (like rolling on the floor like a little girl pain..) so I ended up in the dentists chair at 9pm. Had them all taken out, felt ok due to anesthetic untill this morning now I feel like someones taken to my face with a cricket bat
    What? One little bit of toothache and you had the lot out. Are you fucking nuts?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

He will be back on the floor when the bill comes in.
    Dundee likes this.