Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree11918Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Salmonella outbreaks in sheep, I've seen some things in my farming life but 80 ewes overnight is pretty hard on a guys soul.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    We got hit with this way back mid 70's in the King Country - Dad put it down to creek water as it was a summer like this one and creeks were not running and had still stale water holes.
    Best option - SPREAD them out
    Set stock - as my old man would say "a sheep worst enemy is another sheep)

Good luck with that - when was the last outbreak in your area ??

@BRADS
    We got hit with this way back mid 70's in the King Country - Dad put it down to creek water as it was a summer like this one and creeks were not running and had still stale water holes.
    Best option - SPREAD them out
    Set stock - as my old man would say "a sheep worst enemy is another sheep)

Good luck with that - when was the last outbreak in your area ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Same scope for sale on here for $625. It's obviously sold outside of trademe so he's bumped the price right up there to avoid fees. I often see that and am tempted to hit the buy now and then email them like im actually going to go through with it just to make the seller feel like they ripped themselves off selling it outside trademe and there's some dumb bastard out there willing to pay the crazy price haha
    It is the same one as on here by the photos and similar seller handle.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

These idiots, must have driven down to the port in a vehicle powered by love and fairy farts, right up there with extremist vegans etc. Throw them to the sharks, all of them.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/101...-port-taranaki
    gadgetman, mikee, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Sharks would spit them out
    veitnamcam and Ryan_Songhurst like this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Which type of salmonella Brads?

Today I hate VODAFONE. Letter arrives "You're getting an upgrade" on the front. Spark are closing the PSTN network so we are upgrading you to calling over your broadband.
    Just plug your phone into the "phone in on your router using this free adapter" they say. Oh and if you have a monitored alarm, medical alarm etc then these will no longer work by the way so you will need to contact your providers to get a solution!!

Well vodafone my router is in the bloody roof an the phone is not so I have now had to pull a new cable up the wall and across to the router thru all the spiders and with a prayer it would not get stuck going up the wall. I'm lucky in that I can do it myself

How in the hell is this an Upgrade?? This after upgrading me to VDSL and the ditching my email addy. Only reason I stay is that changing is too painful
    I know some will say ditch the home phone but I actually prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Today I hate VODAFONE. Letter arrives "You're getting an upgrade" on the front. Spark are closing the PSTN network so we are upgrading you to calling over your broadband.
    Just plug your phone into the "phone in on your router using this free adapter" they say. Oh and if you have a monitored alarm, medical alarm etc then these will no longer work by the way so you will need to contact your providers to get a solution!!

Well vodafone my router is in the bloody roof an the phone is not so I have now had to pull a new cable up the wall and across to the router thru all the spiders and with a prayer it would not get stuck going up the wall. I'm lucky in that I can do it myself

How in the hell is this an Upgrade?? This after upgrading me to VDSL and the ditching my email addy. Only reason I stay is that changing is too painful
    I know some will say ditch the home phone but I actually prefer it.
    The great thing is civil emergencies when there is a power outage. They don't want you calling on a cellphone, because that system is useless, and the modem won't work unless you can power it, which most people can't.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

These idiots, must have driven down to the port in a vehicle powered by love and fairy farts, right up there with extremist vegans etc. Throw them to the sharks, all of them.

You really do hate sharks don't you.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The great thing is civil emergencies when there is a power outage. They don't want you calling on a cellphone, because that system is useless, and the modem won't work unless you can power it, which most people can't.
    Much easier for "them" to control us "the great unwashed" when we can't communicate with each other I guess
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Much easier for "them" to control us "the great unwashed" when we can't communicate with each other I guess
    They make it your problem rather than theirs. Classic corporate sidestep.
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Worse than the monetary problem I just came to the realization that I cannot get any of my 3 boats to the water while the wife is using my ute for her work!!!

This situation must be resolved ASAP!
    I know a bloke with a truck... text me if the itch needs a scratch...or come for a day or two at okiwi old blokes making noises about Durvile and the big boat ...spearo forum saying epic vis and good kings!
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Fuck I hate hippies.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Fuck I hate hippies.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

I reckon the supply boat should leave port full noise into some big waves, that should sort them out.
    madjon_, gadgetman and mikee like this.