Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine NZGR

User Tag List

Like Tree14242Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    The darker the glass, the better the beer keeps. Or so I was told.
    I thought the idea was to empty the bottles rather than keep it forever. Mind you, that Waikato is probably best left in there, just so everyone knows where it is.
    jakewire, veitnamcam and dannyb like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

i was cycling home from work this arvo, when I approached, a car is parked on a yellow line, directly outside the local fush 'n chups dispensary. The occupant of said motor vehicle flings the driver's door open, without looking, leading to an almost visit to the local ED for her and me. I stop inches from her. I (politely, under the circumstances) point out that she is illegally parked, and opening her door without so much as a glance at her mirror (I have a 500 lumen flashing disco ball that you can almost see from the ISS on my handlebars) is not cool. She proceeds to tell me to engage in coitus, in rather more colloquial language.

What I really hate is that my helmet cam was not recording at the time. We could all have had a laugh, I mean!
    gadgetman and FatLabrador like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    i was cycling home from work this arvo, when I approached, a car is parked on a yellow line, directly outside the local fush 'n chups dispensary. The occupant of said motor vehicle flings the driver's door open, without looking, leading to an almost visit to the local ED for her and me. I stop inches from her. I (politely, under the circumstances) point out that she is illegally parked, and opening her door without so much as a glance at her mirror (I have a 500 lumen flashing disco ball that you can almost see from the ISS on my handlebars) is not cool. She proceeds to tell me to engage in coitus, in rather more colloquial language.

What I really hate is that my helmet cam was not recording at the time. We could all have had a laugh, I mean!
    Hope you took some photos of her parking to pass along to the council along with a number plate?!

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    suppose this is a stupid idea instead of smashing up the glass how about washing it out and refilling it
    common sense right there @northdude for PM
    northdude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    common sense right there @northdude for PM
    It's what they used to do and they had a bounty on the return of the bottle. The old 'bottle drives' used to be a good earner for schools and voluntary groups. There are probably health & safety and food safe rules putting the kibosh on it nowadays.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Hope you took some photos of her parking to pass along to the council along with a number plate?!
    Thought I had it all in 60 fps high definition. Sadly, my clumsy thumbs turned the camera off instead of on. Moral of the story, i need to check twice so that we can enjoy these moments of joy! I video most of my rides these days, because you never know when the footage will come in handy! (or just for shits and giggles with me mates!)

coming out of warehouse carpark in greymouth today -road maggot driven by couple of freedom camper types right in front-..fuck me rigid cut right across me to head out toward moana ,then fuck a duck cut right across me again to head up and over the cobden bridge .jesus did the bloody horn get a workout .got up beside em as they turned onto the cobden bridge and flicked em the fucking bird bigtime .stupid inane grin from the skinny bint in the passengers seat .whats with these fucktards driving in a one donkey town like greymouth .sure as shit beats me!
    this year alone ive had 6near misses with these pricks.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    coming out of warehouse carpark in greymouth today -road maggot driven by couple of freedom camper types right in front-..fuck me rigid cut right across me to head out toward moana ,then fuck a duck cut right across me again to head up and over the cobden bridge .jesus did the bloody horn get a workout .got up beside em as they turned onto the cobden bridge and flicked em the fucking bird bigtime .stupid inane grin from the skinny bint in the passengers seat .whats with these fucktards driving in a one donkey town like greymouth .sure as shit beats me!
    Ha ha ha ha I will send you directions to the Greymouth Anger Management Centre where you will learn to supress the urge until you have crap whereupon you will imagine that you are crapping on road maggots. Very therapeutic.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

They still reuse crate bottles don't they
    Steve123 and Blisters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    They come to NZ for the adventure tourism, and unfortunately it looks like you were part of these idiots' package! They could at least pull over and offer you a beer, dammit!!!

its a funny thing though Rushy -road maggots on the coast road to westport ,i found were generally the most polite people you could wish for -youd get in behind one and invariably at the first opportunity theyd pullover and wave you through.,whichi will in turn acknowledge with a friendly wave.
    mind you looking and sometimes smelling some of these camper types in grey makes me wonder if indeed its not a miracle they are actually walking.
    I struck one just recently emerge from an old toyota hiace bloody topless before reaching for a t shirt.Its was colder than a gravediggers arse ,so im buggered if i know what she was actually doing.
    maybe old age and shitty liver is the problem eh!!

Hate having to go to the Canterbury high country to fix the door of my private hut that some retard has broken into ... despite there being some very serious hardware on it.

The up side was that I had a few days free and I was just going to do the work and hang around doing some winter high country lake fishing.

Then HATE got in on the act again and the alternator on my Hi-lux stopped working completely and I only just made it to the hut very late and with no electrics going at all !!
    Used all the power in my battery booster to re start it after I realised something was very wrong last stop before getting to the hut.
    Worked most of the night on the repairs to the hut door so that I could be ready if any vehicles were to come along in the morning and could give me a jump start !!

Woke up to heavy snow falling . Love that usually ! But this morning I really hated it. And thought it very unlikely there would be any vehicles on the road in the circumstances.
    Was just about to make the long slog to the nearest farm house and along comes an Ecan vehicle.
    Quick jump start from them, quick pack up, lock up again and a long drive to get the truck to my mechanics in CHCH.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Hate having to go to the Canterbury high country to fix the door of my private hut that some retard has broken into ... despite there being some very serious hardware on it.

The up side was that I had a few days free and I was just going to do the work and hang around doing some winter high country lake fishing.

Then HATE got in on the act again and the alternator on my Hi-lux stopped working completely and I only just made it to the hut very late and with no electrics going at all !!
    Used all the power in my battery booster to re start it after I realised something was very wrong last stop before getting to the hut.
    Worked most of the night on the repairs to the hut door so that I could be ready if any vehicles were to come along in the morning and could give me a jump start !!

Woke up to heavy snow falling . Love that usually ! But this morning I really hated it. And thought it very unlikely there would be any vehicles on the road in the circumstances.
    Was just about to make the long slog to the nearest farm house and along comes an Ecan vehicle.
    Quick jump start from them, quick pack up, lock up again and a long drive to get the truck to my mechanics in CHCH.
    If its where I think it is, theres some mongrel bottom feeders of the "hilux surf with stupidly big mud tyres and stupid haircut" variety that seem to go into that area a fair bit, and was where my boat got stripped out and everything taken also.
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    If its where I think it is, theres some mongrel bottom feeders of the "hilux surf with stupidly big mud tyres and stupid haircut" variety that seem to go into that area a fair bit, and was where my boat got stripped out and everything taken also.
    I think you are very close

Weirdly they made a massive effort to get in there and didn't take a thing.
    Don't leave much there anyway.
    But daughter had left a nice puffer jacket there and it was still there !
    I guess they are total loosers and don't have girlfriends
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.