Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree13264Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Oh my fucking god.....and they wonder why nobody likes them.They were once upheld as pillars of the community.
    Just this particular dick that shot out a window aye
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just this particular dick that shot out a window aye
    No the bloody "system" that is the police, a system that seemingly is more and more based on lies and arse covering.
    Someone must have given out the purchase order for a new window and sign but oh no we have no record of that sir but when they realise someone actually has evidence that it happened suddenly they do know about it.
    Cahil is setting the standard tho....just tell absolute bullshit to fit your agenda and the media/population will just lap it up. So no surprise to see the trickle down I guess.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 11-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

No the bloody "system" that is the police a system that seemingly is more and more based on lies and arse covering.
    Someone must have given out the purchase order for a new window and sign but oh no we have no record of that sir but when they realise someone actually has evidence it happened suddenly they do know about it.
    Cahil is setting the standard tho....just tell absolute bullshit to fit your agenda and the media/population will just lap it up. So no surprise to see the tickle down I guess.
    Right gotcha, yes this McIlraith guy is turning out to be a bit of a snake. It's never the fuckup that gets you really in trouble, it's the coverup
    csmiffy likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

You are not alone there....I couldn't work out why so many people wanted to live there before the quakes let alone after.
    No offence intended Gadget and Munsey but I just dont know what you and everyone else sees in the place.
    Pro's:

Good to get around on on a push bike (well it used to be).
    Not too much extreme weather.
    Flat and easy to have a good roading system and decent airport.
    Heaps of family here, more since yesterday.
    Where I've grown up and what I'm used to.

Con's:

Traffic is getting nuts since the city got rearranged by mother nature.
    It's almost always windy from some direction when the weather is warm.
    Fishing is lousy.
    dannyb likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

WTF...

I wounder how many other discharges have occurred with "non Police firearms"

This is a sad state of affairs

when people get thier titties in a tangle over comments made with the best of intentions,and a good thread turns into a shit fight and the origonal purpose gets lost in the fall out.

What here no way
    madjon_ and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Pro's:

Con's:

Fishing is lousy.
    Oh, another con:

Over chlorinated water, the sooner they sort it the better. Run the water for the dishes and my eyes are stinging and watering. Smell better getting into the shower than stepping out of it.
    dannyb likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Pro's:

Con's:

Fishing is lousy.
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Decent shooting further away.
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    Big sigh.. bit lost really

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    I spent 9 years doing a trade (second trade) that isnt even a trade or has any formal qualifications so know how you feel.
    csmiffy likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other mate, eventually you will get a break, you just have to be able to recognize it.
    stingray and csmiffy like this.

diversify, there is ALWAYS work for those that are keen to. if I put down the number of things I do to earn a dollar you wouldn't believe it.
    gadgetman, stingray, mikee and 1 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    Yeah, have always had family on the coast and it has always been a second home to me. Uncle was a mine electrician. Not sure how they got him up and down them, he was a big laddie.

Yeah, have always had family on the coast and it has always been a second home to me. Uncle was a mine electrician. Not sure how they got him up and down them, he was a big laddie.
    Mine electrician? how long ago? Westport or grey?
    Beaker likes this.

@Gapped axe work isn't the issue per se... I'm just not in a job that is going anywhere and not what I want to be doing. And it just isn't paying enough. The pay rates fine for the area but cant afford to do shit.
    @mikee I'm hearing you but that's pretty much all I have ever done. Doing the same thing every day doesn't change what's happening. That's the definition of insanity
    Doesn't seem like I'm clever enough to get out of it and I'm definitely not sure about recognizing it.
    never been very good at that
    Last edited by csmiffy; 13-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.