Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT


User Tag List

Like Tree13264Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

  1. #12976
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Oh my fucking god.....and they wonder why nobody likes them.They were once upheld as pillars of the community.
    Just this particular dick that shot out a window aye
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  2. #12977
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just this particular dick that shot out a window aye
    No the bloody "system" that is the police, a system that seemingly is more and more based on lies and arse covering.
    Someone must have given out the purchase order for a new window and sign but oh no we have no record of that sir but when they realise someone actually has evidence that it happened suddenly they do know about it.
    Cahil is setting the standard tho....just tell absolute bullshit to fit your agenda and the media/population will just lap it up. So no surprise to see the trickle down I guess.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 11-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  3. #12978
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    No the bloody "system" that is the police a system that seemingly is more and more based on lies and arse covering.
    Someone must have given out the purchase order for a new window and sign but oh no we have no record of that sir but when they realise someone actually has evidence it happened suddenly they do know about it.
    Cahil is setting the standard tho....just tell absolute bullshit to fit your agenda and the media/population will just lap it up. So no surprise to see the tickle down I guess.
    Right gotcha, yes this McIlraith guy is turning out to be a bit of a snake. It's never the fuckup that gets you really in trouble, it's the coverup
    csmiffy likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  4. #12979
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    12,991
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    You are not alone there....I couldn't work out why so many people wanted to live there before the quakes let alone after.
    No offence intended Gadget and Munsey but I just dont know what you and everyone else sees in the place.
    Pro's:

    Good to get around on on a push bike (well it used to be).
    Not too much extreme weather.
    Flat and easy to have a good roading system and decent airport.
    Heaps of family here, more since yesterday.
    Where I've grown up and what I'm used to.

    Con's:

    Traffic is getting nuts since the city got rearranged by mother nature.
    It's almost always windy from some direction when the weather is warm.
    Fishing is lousy.
    dannyb likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  5. #12980
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    3,075
    WTF...

    I wounder how many other discharges have occurred with "non Police firearms"

    This is a sad state of affairs

  6. #12981
    Member Micky Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    1,816
    when people get thier titties in a tangle over comments made with the best of intentions,and a good thread turns into a shit fight and the origonal purpose gets lost in the fall out.

  7. #12982
    Member northdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    north auckland area
    Posts
    3,731
    What here no way
    madjon_ and Micky Duck like this.

  8. #12983
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    12,991
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Pro's:

    Good to get around on on a push bike (well it used to be).
    Not too much extreme weather.
    Flat and easy to have a good roading system and decent airport.
    Heaps of family here, more since yesterday.
    Where I've grown up and what I'm used to.

    Con's:

    Traffic is getting nuts since the city got rearranged by mother nature.
    It's almost always windy from some direction when the weather is warm.
    Fishing is lousy.
    Oh, another con:

    Over chlorinated water, the sooner they sort it the better. Run the water for the dishes and my eyes are stinging and watering. Smell better getting into the shower than stepping out of it.
    dannyb likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  9. #12984
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Pro's:

    Good to get around on on a push bike (well it used to be).
    Not too much extreme weather.
    Flat and easy to have a good roading system and decent airport.
    Heaps of family here, more since yesterday.
    Where I've grown up and what I'm used to.

    Con's:

    Traffic is getting nuts since the city got rearranged by mother nature.
    It's almost always windy from some direction when the weather is warm.
    Fishing is lousy.
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Decent shooting further away.
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    Big sigh.. bit lost really

  10. #12985
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,206
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Decent shooting further away.
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    Big sigh.. bit lost really
    I spent 9 years doing a trade (second trade) that isnt even a trade or has any formal qualifications so know how you feel.
    csmiffy likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  11. #12986
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Decent shooting further away.
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    Big sigh.. bit lost really
    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other mate, eventually you will get a break, you just have to be able to recognize it.
    stingray and csmiffy like this.

  12. #12987
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,172
    diversify, there is ALWAYS work for those that are keen to. if I put down the number of things I do to earn a dollar you wouldn't believe it.
    gadgetman, stingray, mikee and 1 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  13. #12988
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    12,991
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Im the other way.
    Didn't grow up here
    All my friends still on the coast-don't have bugger all family but only family here is the missus' so that doesn't count. They are good but.....
    Decent shooting further away.
    Even though there is feck all work on the coast for me, cant find anything that suits here. employment companies only interested in the fitter turner/thing.
    I got out of that 20 odd years ago to work in the coal mines on the coast so you can imagine how good I would be in a machine shop. Not very and I don't like it either
    Closest I am is a diesel mechanic (more of a heavy fitter really) but I aint so that doesn't fly either.
    Big sigh.. bit lost really
    Yeah, have always had family on the coast and it has always been a second home to me. Uncle was a mine electrician. Not sure how they got him up and down them, he was a big laddie.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  14. #12989
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yeah, have always had family on the coast and it has always been a second home to me. Uncle was a mine electrician. Not sure how they got him up and down them, he was a big laddie.
    Mine electrician? how long ago? Westport or grey?
    Beaker likes this.

  15. #12990
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    864
    @Gapped axe work isn't the issue per se... I'm just not in a job that is going anywhere and not what I want to be doing. And it just isn't paying enough. The pay rates fine for the area but cant afford to do shit.
    @mikee I'm hearing you but that's pretty much all I have ever done. Doing the same thing every day doesn't change what's happening. That's the definition of insanity
    Doesn't seem like I'm clever enough to get out of it and I'm definitely not sure about recognizing it.
    never been very good at that
    Last edited by csmiffy; 13-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. couple of wee things
    By tui_man2 in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Various things
    By gimp in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 11:28 AM
  3. To get things started
    By sneeze in forum Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!