Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree14993Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    people who scream they are hard up and ask for something.....then turn around and sell what they were given and pocket the $$$$ then turn around and do the same over and over again....often times not even giving thanks to giver or remembering what is was they "needed" and were given...guess these fall into the "dick" catagory
    One of the rules of triage at an accident site:

The screamers are obviously in need, but probably not going to die soon.

The people not moving or making any noise are the cause for greater concern.

Check them first.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.

the screamers might die while you are strangling them to make them shut up .
    Micky Duck and Max Headroom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    people who scream they are hard up and ask for something.....then turn around and sell what they were given and pocket the $$$$ then turn around and do the same over and over again....often times not even giving thanks to giver or remembering what is was they "needed" and were given...guess these fall into the "dick" catagory
    Yeah this.

Before Xmas my work started replacing furniture in Rooms, (Hotel/Resort) and donated a lot of furniture to several local 'Hospice' type shops, Sally Army, Red Cross types. A mate visiting one of said stores last week sees one of our furniture items for sale, price tag $300. How in the bloody hell is that helping those in need? (Dicks)
    Last edited by ROKTOY; 13-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Yeah this.

Before Xmas my work started replacing furniture in Rooms, (Hotel/Resort) and donated a lot of furniture to several local 'Hospice' type shops, Sally Army, Red Cross types. A mate visiting one of said stores last week sees one of our furniture items for sale, price tag $300. How in the bloody hell is that helping those in need? (Dicks)
    They would say the money raised is used to provide their "services" I would bet !!

I rate the Sallies
    gadgetman and Sideshow like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    They would say the money raised is used to provide their "services" I would bet !!
    Well that is what they do, no secret, they advertise the fact.
    Tommy likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

after seeing the care the mother inlaw got at the hospice and an uncle I don't have a problem paying what they ask for stuff and my parents and siblings also donate stuff to them . my mother even buys jars from them to put preserves in and tells anyone who gets them to give the empties back to the hospice shop so she can buy them again next year to do the same. our local hospice needs over $2 million a year in donations to keep operating as not funded by healthcare.
    gadgetman and oraki like this.

Won a Hospice raffle a while back. When they asked for an address wife said to re raffle it or give it to one or two of your needy families. Got a couple of think yous in the corridor a week later. They deserve all the charity they can get. Money can't buy the care they give, and I know the carers aren't raking the coin in.
    I think we're all guilty at some stage of re gifting or selling on if it doesn't meet our needs
    gadgetman, berg243 and dannyb like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

I don't like breaking my tooth over the weekend.... What I really hate is its a 6wk wait to see the dentist time to go check the drug cabinet and see what will get me through....
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    I don't like breaking my tooth over the weekend.... What I really hate is its a 6wk wait to see the dentist time to go check the drug cabinet and see what will get me through....
    @223nut
    soluble panadol. drop two in a glass of water, take a big sip, but not a mouthful. hold it in your mouth and let it swish past the tooth. hold it in there as long as you can be bothered and do it again. Rinse and repeat until all gone.
    you'd get 4 or 5 goes from a glass. Good for getting to sleep at night

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @223nut
    soluble panadol. drop two in a glass of water, take a big sip, but not a mouthful. hold it in your mouth and let it swish past the tooth. hold it in there as long as you can be bothered and do it again. Rinse and repeat until all gone.
    you'd get 4 or 5 goes from a glass. Good for getting to sleep at night
    Cheers will bear this in mind. It's not too bad at the moment (dont like using pain relief) but when food goes in the hole and touches the nerve.... Will be well over it in 6weeks!

get some chewing gum and put it in the hole while eating or drinking and if you can get it to go hard then it will help for a while.
    223nut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    get some chewing gum and put it in the hole while eating or drinking and if you can get it to go hard then it will help for a while.
    Selleys Knead It... LOL
    Steve123 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Selleys Knead It... LOL
    Heard a story years ago about a hard old bugger down south westland way, possibly Okarito?
    Living on his own all his life sort of dude. tried fixing a big hole in his tooth with araldite glue.
    Someone coming around for a visit asked him why his face was all swollen otherwise it would've gone really bad I suppose. Had to go to hokitika to get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Cheers will bear this in mind. It's not too bad at the moment (dont like using pain relief) but when food goes in the hole and touches the nerve.... Will be well over it in 6weeks!
    Theres always this option
    223nut and dannyb like this.