Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

Like Tree13970Likes

Thread: Things you really like

  1. #7696
    Member EeeBees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    past the gum trees on your left
    Posts
    4,890
    @Ryan, I read where the RAF guys who jumped out of their planes into the English channel usually only survived for two hours ...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

    ...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

  2. #7697
    Member EeeBees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    past the gum trees on your left
    Posts
    4,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    I'm always happy when i pick up a bargain on trademe
    New, that would be quite expensive I would think ... $5.50 yay!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

    ...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

  3. #7698
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,959
    Little trailer all back together. Bit of welding, straightening, paint and new tyres. Ready for a WOF in the morning.
    veitnamcam, stingray and oraki like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  4. #7699
    Member oraki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,850
    It's the time for winter tournaments all around the country. Wishing all our juniors out there competing all the best. Give it all.
    To the sideline experts, support your kids, teammates and even the opposition if they score a great goal, try or show skill.
    They take criticism seriously, and get down on themselves. Focus on all the great passes or support play, not the negatives
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.

  5. #7700
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    18,107
    Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    It's the time for winter tournaments all around the country. Wishing all our juniors out there competing all the best. Give it all.
    To the sideline experts, support your kids, teammates and even the opposition if they score a great goal, try or show skill.
    They take criticism seriously, and get down on themselves. Focus on all the great passes or support play, not the negatives
    Nah give em shit!! That's how they get better
    R93 likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  6. #7701
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,071
    Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    It's the time for winter tournaments all around the country. Wishing all our juniors out there competing all the best. Give it all.
    To the sideline experts, support your kids, teammates and even the opposition if they score a great goal, try or show skill.
    They take criticism seriously, and get down on themselves. Focus on all the great passes or support play, not the negatives
    Goals? Tournaments? Are you talking about a sport?


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  7. #7702
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Goals? Tournaments? Are you talking about a sport?


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    No, he's talking about soccer.

  8. #7703
    Member oraki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Goals? Tournaments? Are you talking about a sport?


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hockey, netball, ice hockey....
    stingray likes this.

  9. #7704
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,959
    Had a good session at the range with @kotuku. There is nothing like aroma therapy. Hope he can put a photo up later.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  10. #7705
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Had a good session at the range with @kotuku. There is nothing like aroma therapy. Hope he can put a photo up later.
    well bugger me the big hearted arthur struck again
    .he produces timeriders (L)7mmmag and asks if i want to try it out.
    well after hearing him hammering away with his and fair rocking my shooting bay ,imust say i was a little anxious,to say the least.
    when he hands you what looks like 3stubbed out winnie churchill cigars ,and as only he can drily remarks "71gns 2219 powder go for it" im thinkin 'with muzzle break fitted this is fair gonna rock my headshell"
    .the round slid home like silk.weeeeeeeelllll a roar and bugger me a wee hole just above the red dot at 100m

    .mmmmm-tryagain ,thats gotta be a bloody fluke with this beast.another roar'shit i threw it".

    Ok settle petal,take your time relax scope on dot and its on its way!
    bugger me when i go to retireve the target the grouping was smaller than the front panel on a strippers g string bloody near perfect cloverleaf.
    are muzzle breaks noisey,now iknow why i had heavy duty hearing protection.

    BTWbig ups to the handloaders club too on your bloody excellent facilities and good clear commonsense procedures and rules on your ranges .im bloody impressed.
    my own rifles hmmmmm-lots of work to do but hey what a grouse outing and did it improve my mental state -did it hell!
    thanks gadget ,buggers like you are as bloody treasure.
    gadge hate to disappoint you but ionly got the one of you preparing to fire the .243.

  11. #7706
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,959
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    well bugger me the big hearted arthur struck again
    .he produces timeriders (L)7mmmag and asks if i want to try it out.
    well after hearing him hammering away with his and fair rocking my shooting bay ,imust say i was a little anxious,to say the least.
    when he hands you what looks like 3stubbed out winnie churchill cigars ,and as only he can drily remarks "71gns 2219 powder go for it" im thinkin 'with muzzle break fitted this is fair gonna rock my headshell"
    .the round slid home like silk.weeeeeeeelllll a roar and bugger me a wee hole just above the red dot at 100m

    .mmmmm-tryagain ,thats gotta be a bloody fluke with this beast.another roar'shit i threw it".

    Ok settle petal,take your time relax scope on dot and its on its way!
    bugger me when i go to retireve the target the grouping was smaller than the front panel on a strippers g string bloody near perfect cloverleaf.
    are muzzle breaks noisey,now iknow why i had heavy duty hearing protection.

    BTWbig ups to the handloaders club too on your bloody excellent facilities and good clear commonsense procedures and rules on your ranges .im bloody impressed.
    my own rifles hmmmmm-lots of work to do but hey what a grouse outing and did it improve my mental state -did it hell!
    thanks gadget ,buggers like you are as bloody treasure.
    gadge hate to disappoint you but ionly got the one of you preparing to fire the .243.
    I want to see photos of your groups with a ruler. Shit, there is no point spoiling the forum with pictures of me.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  12. #7707
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    "71gns 2219 powder go for it"
    I'm glad I'm in Nelson if you are going to use that load.......

    2217 might be a lot better

  13. #7708
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I'm glad I'm in Nelson if you are going to use that load.......

    2217 might be a lot better
    71.5 grains of 2217 pushing 162 grain A-Max. Getting 3050 out of my barrel and 2960 out of TR's.
    mikee and 7mm Rem Mag like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  14. #7709
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    2,911
    all i can say is thank kerist im not a moose or randy stag ,thar ,chamios or any of that ,cause that baby gives blow jobs that definitely cleans the clogs.having seen one in action on redstag hunters club and seeing the round impact in slow motion this baby definitely plays for keeps.
    gadge wil try and get a photo tommorow and post it.might have to frame the target. got a young lady shooter (7mm08owner )) I work with -wonder what she,ll think.
    gadgetman and 7mm Rem Mag like this.

  15. #7710
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,959
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    all i can say is thank kerist im not a moose or randy stag ,thar ,chamios or any of that ,cause that baby gives blow jobs that definitely cleans the clogs.having seen one in action on redstag hunters club and seeing the round impact in slow motion this baby definitely plays for keeps.
    gadge wil try and get a photo tommorow and post it.might have to frame the target. got a young lady shooter (7mm08owner )) I work with -wonder what she,ll think.
    Can't beat a bit of one-upmanship.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. couple of wee things
    By tui_man2 in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Various things
    By gimp in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 11:28 AM
  3. To get things started
    By sneeze in forum Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!