Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

Like Tree14004Likes

Thread: Things you really like

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Pulled out of a container, rotor mast bolted to the floor ,blades in a long trunk! Today was yank cars and a house load of gear right down to the lawn sprinkler. Tommorrow caravans and red backs! Not something I'm looking foward to!
    Here you go @stingray

stingray and 308 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

hahahaha well played @gadgetman turned out they were pommy vans so just the normal hairy critters!

Best of the yank tanks
    Name:  IMG_1283.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  2.05 MB
    Name:  IMG_1284.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  2.39 MB
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Having a lazy 34mm of rain fall. Time to park the 'irritator' up for a while. Will finish the 2 pdks I've got locked up to be cut nicely. Now with my truck driving hat on.. Please big guy, turn it off for 12 hrs. Start again 6 in the morning.
    Then on Sunday, bring out the big yellow for a couple of weeks so I can get it cut and wrapped,the crops harvested and in the silo. Cheers
    gadgetman, stingray and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Having a lazy 34mm of rain fall. Time to park the 'irritator' up for a while. Will finish the 2 pdks I've got locked up to be cut nicely. Now with my truck driving hat on.. Please big guy, turn it off for 12 hrs. Start again 6 in the morning.
    Then on Sunday, bring out the big yellow for a couple of weeks so I can get it cut and wrapped,the crops harvested and in the silo. Cheers
    Had to push the big red button on mine today too, wasn't sure if it still worked! Was good just going home after milking and having a snooze though!
    stingray likes this.

So today on my adventures around the internet I somehow started reading about hero animals And one story stood out in particular, the story of "Siwash" the US Marine Corp duck.
    Siwash was actually taken aboard whilst the marines had stopped in NZ on their way to fight in the Pacific theater and became somewhat of a mascot. One story made me smile, Siwash and her battalion had to land on an island and encountered heavy resistance from the Japs throughout the landing, it just so happened that the Japs had their own mascot, a rooster, Siwash fought alongside her brigade and engaged in wing to wing combat with the rooster on the beach whilst the landing was taking place, all the while under heavy enemy fire. Siwash eventually defeated her feathery foe despite taking several nasty pecks and loosing a few feathers and after the war she was awarded the purple heart for bravery under fire.

True story, i thought it was brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    So today on my adventures around the internet I somehow started reading about hero animals And one story stood out in particular, the story of "Siwash" the US Marine Corp duck.
    Siwash was actually taken aboard whilst the marines had stopped in NZ on their way to fight in the Pacific theater and became somewhat of a mascot. One story made me smile, Siwash and her battalion had to land on an island and encountered heavy resistance from the Japs throughout the landing, it just so happened that the Japs had their own mascot, a rooster, Siwash fought alongside her brigade and engaged in wing to wing combat with the rooster on the beach whilst the landing was taking place, all the while under heavy enemy fire. Siwash eventually defeated her feathery foe despite taking several nasty pecks and loosing a few feathers and after the war she was awarded the purple heart for bravery under fire.

I need a link to read bro.......did that really happen? What's in that cigarette mate?
    Sarvo likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I need a link to read bro.......did that really happen? What's in that cigarette mate?
    Just Google it bro. "Sergeant Stubby" the dog was a fucking badass too, and a few stories of carrier pigeons etc that did some pretty amazing missions even whilst injured throughout the different wars

Apparently Siwash the duck liked beer too, one account described her as a "Hard drinking, hard fighting marine" haha

Sorry RyanS, I'm inclined to ask the same questions as Gibo.
    Overkill is still dead.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Apparently Siwash the duck liked beer too, one account described her as a "Hard drinking, hard fighting marine" haha
    Jeez Ryan, I think you need to get out more bro
    Shootm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I have a cow I like to think would make an exceptional marine

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I have a cow I like to think would make an exceptional marine
    NRT likes this.

It was probably the offspring of some of the WWI carrier pigeons.

EeeBees, TimeRider, Solo and 1 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

This stuff is the cats pyjamas

Name:  20180114_202955.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  1.85 MB
    veitnamcam likes this.