Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree16844Likes

Thread: Things you really like

Well after struggling to get my sako/Berretta a7 to group and watching my mates identical rifle shoot my reloads better than I could shoot them out of my rifle (both rifles shot by me) I finally got my groove back on after a comprehensive copper clean (read long overdue) I think it's shooting ok again
    Drove 15 minutes out to the range only to realise I'd forgotten my tools to remove my turret for zeroing purposes.
    Back to the range 30 minutes later realised I'd forgot my magazine ( god I wish the a7 was a floorplate )
    So single fed those bad boys and shot this group after the barrell settled back in (around 15 shots)

Name:  received_312876022656198.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  732.3 KB

So this I like this... @Max Headroom I present the new and improved 10 cent group 3 shots @ 100 yards
    sako75, gadgetman and 223nut like this.

Bravo.

Got in the car this afternoon and it was stinking hot
    What I like about it is mid winter dreaming of days like this where it is low to mid 20s

Name:  B7BDC6B9-C30A-4464-BC80-6F72E2F640BE.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  2.99 MB

Personally, I prefer mid-winter.
    sometimes1 likes this.

Last day at work today so really like that. Worst job and employer I've ever had. Handed my notice in on Tuesday and with my annual leave already sorted into the new year she's over.
    Was meant to be tomorrow but the boss told me on Monday that my work is non essential (no it isn't critical so he's right for once) so don't come in on the Friday.
    My letter of notice said this.
    One of the guys saw me packing up and happened to mention that the boss only said a little earlier that he has some work for me tomorrow.
    I said nah ah and showed him a copy of the letter.
    Boss has forgotten already and this is typical of a lot of things.
    Already clocked off and drove out the gate so I didn't have to see him. As long as the last pay goes in I never want to see his mug ever again.
    veitnamcam, NRT, gadgetman and 4 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Last day at work today so really like that. Worst job and employer I've ever had. Handed my notice in on Tuesday and with my annual leave already sorted into the new year she's over.
    Was meant to be tomorrow but the boss told me on Monday that my work is non essential (no it isn't critical so he's right for once) so don't come in on the Friday.
    One of the guys saw me packing up and happened to mention that the boss only said a little earlier that he has some work for me tomorrow.
    Already clocked off and drove out the gate so I didn't have to see him. As long as the last pay goes in I never want to see his mug ever again.
    As one door closes, so another door opens. Have a great Christmas.
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, NRT and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nothing better than walking away from dickheads. My last boss turned up as I was packing up my toolboxes on a Saturday and tried to tell me I couldn't take them, come back Monday. Politely told him to stick it up his arse. Carried on bitching and moaning until I told him to back the fuck off, he must be mixing me up with my predecessor who'd fucked his wife at the xmas party... No wonder he was a miserable cunt.
    veitnamcam, NRT, Fawls and 3 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nothing better than walking away from dickheads. My last boss turned up as I was packing up my toolboxes on a Saturday and tried to tell me I couldn't take them, come back Monday. Politely told him to stick it up his arse. Carried on bitching and moaning until I told him to back the fuck off, he must be mixing me up with my predecessor who'd fucked his wife at the xmas party... No wonder he was a miserable cunt.
    Hahaha I still laugh at that.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    As one door closes, so another door opens. Have a great Christmas.
    @Rushy not wrong biggest muppet you could imagine. If someone talked to you at the pub like he does to people at work he'd be dead and someone would be in jail.
    Cant run a business to save himself (and thats crashing down) and thinks health and safety, enviro etc is a passing fad and wonders why he's getting feck all contracts
    I've been working proper since 88 and he's the biggest ass clown I've ever worked with, for, or met for that matter.
    just a wanker.
    NRT likes this.

@Rushy not wrong biggest muppet you could imagine. If someone talked to you at the pub like he does to people at work he'd be dead and someone would be in jail.
    Cant run a business to save himself (and thats crashing down) and thinks health and safety, enviro etc is a passing fad and wonders why he's getting feck all contracts
    I've been working proper since 88 and he's the biggest ass clown I've ever worked with, for, or met for that matter.
    just a wanker.
    In any trade there will always be the bottom tier cowboys who cut every corner...trick is to not get caught up with them and move on as you have.....I feel sorry for the young guys/appys who dont know any better and need the job.....I was one of those once.
    mikee, Tommy, csmiffy and 1 others like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    In any trade there will always be the bottom tier cowboys who cut every corner...trick is to not get caught up with them and move on as you have.....I feel sorry for the young guys/appys who dont know any better and need the job.....I was one of those once.
    Apparently in the old days he was know for being a feckwit but could do the job well. Lately not so much.
    He did alright after the big shake doing stuff as they needed all hands on deck, but that also brought competition in.
    Even when he could do the job properly he now had people that could do the paperwork better.
    Now he has competition, the work load has dropped off and he cant acknowledge that the goalposts have shifted so it aint gonna get better.
    Plus he blames us all for screwing up the work regardless of him not getting work. He thinks the sun shines out of his arse, we are all useless (tells people that to their face), is a control freak and when he does take control and forgets, blames you for not reminding him to do it.
    Tells you to your face that you are doing fine but throws you under the bus to the next employee 10 seconds later-does that to everyone.
    When we don't get paid on time throws every office girl and staff under the bus when we all know he is in complete control of the finances or lack thereof.
    Theres more but that's a pretty good indication.
    THINGS YOU LIKE
    Did I say Im not working for this idiot anymore?
    WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Merry xmas everyone and if anyone on this forum wants to catch up for a xmas chat or beer when you in CHCH in the next couple of week (anytime for that matter) PM me.
    gadgetman, Mathias, Fawls and 2 others like this.

Apparently in the old days he was know for being a feckwit but could do the job well. Lately not so much.
    He did alright after the big shake doing stuff as they needed all hands on deck, but that also brought competition in.
    Even when he could do the job properly he now had people that could do the paperwork better.
    Now he has competition, the work load has dropped off and he cant acknowledge that the goalposts have shifted so it aint gonna get better.
    Plus he blames us all for screwing up the work regardless of him not getting work. He thinks the sun shines out of his arse, we are all useless (tells people that to their face), is a control freak and when he does take control and forgets, blames you for not reminding him to do it.
    Tells you to your face that you are doing fine but throws you under the bus to the next employee 10 seconds later-does that to everyone.
    When we don't get paid on time throws every office girl and staff under the bus when we all know he is in complete control of the finances or lack thereof.
    Theres more but that's a pretty good indication.
    THINGS YOU LIKE
    Did I say Im not working for this idiot anymore?
    WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Merry xmas everyone and if anyone on this forum wants to catch up for a xmas chat or beer when you in CHCH in the next couple of week (anytime for that matter) PM me.
    Congratulations. Getting rid of a crap boss is always a big relief.

There's a lot of that going on at the moment. I have just spent thousands on QC's and the like having a shit fight, only winners are the legal fraternity.

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Congratulations. Getting rid of a crap boss is always a big relief.
    Worst then in life is bosses who punch above there weight ,your tongue can only take so much biting

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

I would also add that your old boss could very well just be a dick but you also have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, one of the hardest things to do as a person in a position of responsibility is to leave your personal life at the door and not let it affect others and your performance as a leader, there is also probably a tonne of stuff he has to deal with that you quite possibly are unaware of and sometimes guys end up floundering, lord knows I have been there and its not a nice place and you have to deal with the fallout from your attitude on top of everything else, that can really start to steamroll a guy. Bad mouthing him and blowing off steam on a public forum probably says more about your personality than it does about his. You have moved on, thats great, leave the negativity where it belongs and enjoy the possibilities ahead of you.
    veitnamcam and csmiffy like this.
    #27GANG