Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: things your gf/ bf/ partner has done to your gear/rifle

things your gf/ bf/ partner has done to your gear/rifle

So the other day i was bedding the 308 into a new stock. I do most of my work in the basement because the tools are there, its cooler and its not in the kitchen. I had done the bedding pore and got everything in place perfectly. I cure the epoxy on the second floor next to the fire place chimney because the heat is good for the epoxy setting up right. So the rifle was placed on the railing to cure. Next day the fiance is upstairs getting some washing off the rack and looks down at me on the couch and says "thats a silly place for that, someone could knock it off".

She moves past it carefully, takes 4 socks off the wrack and and backs into the stock and it falls. One story onto the fireplace and concrete harth. I was a little beside my self.....
    That was on Wednesday.

Yesterday we went down the river to do some load development on her 260. I took the .22, 308 and 7mm Practical. We shoot a bit and Im down at the targets marking them when i hear the truck start up. I walk back to find my practical with sightron s111 ffp scope in the middle of a tyre track with the barrel and for end 10cm down in the gravel. Somehow internalized my anger and was zen. She had wanted to move the truck to block the sun on our backs and failed to realise my rifle was leaning on the bull bars because I didnt want to put it on the gravel.

The damage. 308 shot a few 1/2 groups. The practical, luckily she had been turning the truck and so only the back wheel went over the for end and missed the scope. The gravel was soft and just scratched the shit out ot the barrel and paint on the stock and a little on the windage turret.

Point of aim had moved 2" right and 4" down. Took 2 shots and they just broke into each other, measure the corrected change with the reticle to be 2' high at 100 and dialed it in. Next shot hit exactly where wanted.
    Had a blissalloy500 12mm 100mmx75mm plate I was shooting the .22 at at 150. drilled a clean hole through it with the practical to vent some.

lets hear what your other has managed to do.......

You need a new mrs mate, pronto! No wonder there is so much domestic violence around
    veitnamcam, BRADS, Scouser and 3 others like this.

Mine washed some bullets left in my pocket once.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Mine washed some bullets left in my pocket once.
    Altho she did pull out the dishwasher once which pulled off the waste water hose which flooded the kitchen and that then drained directly down onto my reloading bench in the garage.

that wasn't a happy day.
    DAF, 7mmsaum, Munsey and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Altho she did pull out the dishwasher once which pulled off the waste water hose which flooded the kitchen and that then drained directly down onto my reloading bench in the garage.

that wasn't a happy day.
    hahaha fuck mate thats crack up
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

My job description is basically "major fuck-up catcher and stopperer" and have luckily managed to be one step of the missus vs. my gear. That said, she's pretty switched on and I probably shouldn't have to worry.... right?

mine cant legally touch anything I own ..... so she doesn't , firearms , I mean ...... actually no , she doesn't touch anything anymore .... bloody kids ......
    veitnamcam, Bryan, Savage1 and 6 others like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    mine cant legally touch anything I own ..... so she doesn't , firearms , I mean ...... actually no , she doesn't touch anything anymore .... bloody kids ......
    Oh so true

Ejected
    Mine has helped fund a lot of my gear. I still don't allow her to touch it though, safety first (for my gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Mine has helped fund a lot of my gear. I still don't allow her to touch it though, safety first (for my gear).
    Wanna swap? mine spends my funds before they get anywhere near buyin toys.

Mine this week, European car, computer all the bells and whistles " my car is bleeping when I drive" Me out with the manual checking all the alarm codes take it for a drive it's fine no alarm noise? It was overdue for a service so booked it in at the dealer they reset the maintenance period so problem solved ! Thursday night after service "my car is still bleeping when I drive it" Oh well take it back in the morning :-( $$$$ Dealership arranged to pick it up from her work. I then get a call mid morning "my cars fine it didn't need to go to the workshop" why? I've been putting my handbag on the passenger's seat it's been setting the sensor off > seatbelt ....:-) Brilliant effort from my non blonde wife
    DAF, 7mmsaum, veitnamcam and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    You need a new mrs mate, pronto! No wonder there is so much domestic violence around
    Na mate she's a keeper! Even if she drops another rifle. Not many girls would be happier with a rifle than a ring for an engagement present.
    Matt2308, Beaker, Gibo and 1 others like this.

All I had was a couple of 6.5x55s and mrs picked up on me wanted to get a 308 1 day.
    Following birthday all I got was an envelope. In it was $1500 the mrs had saved up and was my ticket to buy a T3 308. Cunning me put in another $600 and got a Sako 75

A few years back after we had a hunting holiday I got home from work and found the mrs had spent all day cleaning the 308 and 6.5.
    Told her I was going to sell the 6.5 and keep the other one. The look on her face was priceless so I asked if she wanted it and now it is hers
    DAF, Bryan, gadgetman and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    So the other day i was bedding the 308 into a new stock. I do most of my work in the basement because the tools are there, its cooler and its not in the kitchen. I had done the bedding pore and got everything in place perfectly. I cure the epoxy on the second floor next to the fire place chimney because the heat is good for the epoxy setting up right. So the rifle was placed on the railing to cure. Next day the fiance is upstairs getting some washing off the rack and looks down at me on the couch and says "thats a silly place for that, someone could knock it off".

She moves past it carefully, takes 4 socks off the wrack and and backs into the stock and it falls. One story onto the fireplace and concrete harth. I was a little beside my self.....
    That was on Wednesday.

Yesterday we went down the river to do some load development on her 260. I took the .22, 308 and 7mm Practical. We shoot a bit and Im down at the targets marking them when i hear the truck start up. I walk back to find my practical with sightron s111 ffp scope in the middle of a tyre track with the barrel and for end 10cm down in the gravel. Somehow internalized my anger and was zen. She had wanted to move the truck to block the sun on our backs and failed to realise my rifle was leaning on the bull bars because I didnt want to put it on the gravel.

The damage. 308 shot a few 1/2 groups. The practical, luckily she had been turning the truck and so only the back wheel went over the for end and missed the scope. The gravel was soft and just scratched the shit out ot the barrel and paint on the stock and a little on the windage turret.

Point of aim had moved 2" right and 4" down. Took 2 shots and they just broke into each other, measure the corrected change with the reticle to be 2' high at 100 and dialed it in. Next shot hit exactly where wanted.
    Had a blissalloy500 12mm 100mmx75mm plate I was shooting the .22 at at 150. drilled a clean hole through it with the practical to vent some.

lets hear what your other has managed to do.......

Lets be honest we should have a thread, titled.... what have you done to your / your mates gear.... then we would hear a yarn or two
    gadgetman, Dougie and Toby like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Mine shot some clays with my versamax and bought me some gunpowder