Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Time to loose wieght again

Time to loose wieght again

About 18mnths ago I got to big 115kg so decided to crash myself down to a more acceptable weight of around 107kg's. Have stayed there for most of the time but it's been slowly creeping up now 109. So this week I have crashed again and am currently at 104.7kgs. This crash weight loss does work, don't believe the others, well it does for me. I am fit my work is very physical at times with security, contract farm fencing, plumbing on water lines and diving, the art side well may be not so. How do I feel, well I feel good and get thru the days ok. Tonite I expect to be 103kg as I'm fencing all day with only 2 eggs and some Nashi pears for my tucker. Tonite I will finish this course but I will wean myself back into my past habits slowly and maybe reduce some of the things I did before. Just trying to look after myself. Try it, the best part is you don't have to worry about what I'm going to eat today because your not. It's a little bit about being physical but more about what goes in and when in your mouth.

Waiting for the experts to comment.
    longrange308 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I find losing weight is partly seasonal.

Summer is easier, hot weather makes me less inclined to eat, more to drink.

Winter's a problem.
    RIP Larry S. 19/02/19

Good subject. Have lost 8kg in the last 4 weeks or so. Now no longer obese! Just really overweight. So another 12kg to go. I'm eating healthy small meals and doing intermittent fasting. Feeling really good too.

I've always been a bit overweight but fairly active. But a hip injury a couple of years ago knocked me out of action. The pain and inactivity got me down a bit and I just ate and piled on.

Now back to me normal pre-injury level of activity too which helps a lot.
    Steve123 likes this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

I found I had type 2 diabetes before Christmas. So have cut out all carbs and sugars.
    Have gone from 108kg to 84kg. It hasn't been too hard. Blood tests and blood pressure have come right down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I found I had type 2 diabetes before Christmas. So have cut out all carbs and sugars.
    Have gone from 108kg to 84kg. It hasn't been too hard. Blood tests and blood pressure have come right down.
    same thing happened with my wife, of course i get the " how can you eat that and be healthy speech" from her.
    although i dont eat bugger all sweets i also dont eat any fruit and the only vege i eat are spuds, kumara and a few onions

I have been up and down over the last 9 months, varying from 91 to 104 kg, currently about 103. I lose weight post surgery initially due to eating less, but then the lack of activity kicks in and the weight goes up. Chemo doesn’t help lose weight either, I have tended to gain due to the steroids increasing my appetite - maybe I would lose weight if I stopped taking the anti nausea pills???
    I was controlling my weight quite well prior to May last year when the health issues appeared, my work involves a lot of walking and doing more hunting helped, but definitely limiting food/calorie intake was crucial. I have a Garmin activity tracker and an app on my phone for recording what I eat and exercise, it’s quite an eye-opener how few calories most exercises burn. Hunting for 10-14 hours a day burns lots though.

big thing is to limit your carbs. we eat way too much. Always have some but just get minimal quantities of bread, rice pasta and spuds. flat breads are better also
    You still need the energy they supply and if you have some you are less likely to bounce the other way and binge. Plus if its still there its sustainable so you can do it permanently.
    Dama dama likes this.

Cut out the alcohol if you dont already
    #BallisticFists

Seasonal for me, too busy to eat during the day through summer (just as well as I work where there are far to many sweet goodies....) then make a pig of myself in the evenings with junk food and wonder why my pants keep shrinking. Over winter I'm much more aware f when and what I eat with a good breakfast and nothing (ok sometimes something if I have been working hard) till an evening meal.

Have discovered weight loss is very personal and it's about what works for you. Over summer I managed to walk dogs for 1-2hrs every evening but nothing more strenuous, winter I have more time and alot more exercise occurs.

Still 15kgs over what I was when walking 6hrs everyday guiding... But if I lose another 7 I'll be happy

I have a really fast metabolism which means I can loose fat and gain muscle really quickly, it also means I can get fat really easily! For years I would sit around the 86kg mark, sometimes really fit and with good muscle mass, sometimes unfit and with plenty of body fat but would still be around that 86kg no matter what.
    I recently put on over 7kg in just two weeks when I went on holiday overseas, mainly because I just enjoy south american bbq a little too much!
    Im currently 91kg and have been pretty inactive because I have had a wrecked knee since october last year and I actually finally got a surgery date this morning, 26th march is the day so im looking forward to getting back to 100% of my physical capabilities and getting back on the hill.
    veitnamcam, Woody, Frodo and 2 others like this.
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    @Tahr so with that diet, can you give me some examples of what you eat? I am after a similar result but over a longer period of time. I am luckier in that it is a choice and not mandated by something such as in your case. I am reducing sugar intake already, and while I dont ant to suddenly drop weight, I am inclined to continue to gradually reduce it with a lifestyle modification that is sustainable rather than a diet now and back to normal food later.

Thank you.

Tim, a good book to read would be “What the Fat” by Prof Schofield
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I have dropped from an unhealthy 91kg to 74kg over the last few years. Put it down to bring back on the tools and drinking bucket loads of water. Still eat the same, red meat fat carbs sugar fruit etc just no processed meat only dairy is cheese and still drink beer.

Best thing I ever bought was a smart watch - a Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro - over a year ago - it rules my life - I am 72 - I set a target of 10,000 steps per day and have never missed it - I often do 16,000 steps. It tells me all sorts of stuff but most important is my heart rate - I watch my heart rate while hill climbing and back off a bit when it hits 140. We also joined a gym and I get there most days - walking a treadmill on a wet or stinking hot day is better than out on the street or up the hill - pushing weights and machines is hard work but satisfying - watching the young chicks is also great.
    Three neighbors had heart attacks - my Wife and Son thought I was going to have a heart while trapping up the hill or at the gym - so I got checked by a cardiologist - put me through the rotating machine in Hamilton and told me almost no chance
    Exercise is great for weight control but as I rebuild muscle the weight seems to hold steady. This bastard wrist watch has just told me to get up and do something - so off to the Mount and back via the gym. Buy yourself a smart watch - you will never regret it.

MB
    Cut the carbs, eat more meat/fish, and yes maybe veggies. If you weren’t a hunter or fisherman, it could get expensive, but we are in a fortunate position.
    veitnamcam likes this.