Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2023Likes

Thread: Toby to the mainland

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...

Toby to the mainland

Right, so just had a thought i'd like to meet Toby, but i spend far to long in airports to be arsed going to the north island again, SO if i cant go to mountain, bring mountain to me, or something like that.......

Hopefully there are a few other people in the south that would like to meet the manling in person, SO to the main point of the thought, i'll sortout the flights for toby to christchurch and the entry visa, plus the exit and return formalities involving airnz, BUT now need some others to help out a bit, ie pick up and look after him from the airport(due to work type, i dont want to commit to having to be there at a exact time etc) i think he needs to experiance some shooting in the great island, maybe some mid winter fishing, etc.....

What say you good SI folk? Anyone whiling to help out to make it a bit (hopefully a kiwi understatement) of a experiance for toby?

Not to sure on dates etc, and maybe @Toby can help out providing some ideas on when he's able? And indeed if you want to!!
    hillclima, puku, sako75 and 8 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

P38
    @Beaker
    What a champion.
    Bloody good on Ya Mate

@Toby Don't forget to take some South Island dollars so you can buy your host a beer or three.
    The Hostess on the plane can change you money for you just press the buzzer and ask.

Cheers
    Pete
    Pengy likes this.

I'll put in $50 towards his trip.
    Tommy likes this.

I will help out someway. My wife might be able to pick Toby up if needed. All my hunting spots are at the top of big hills though. I'll load up some 9.3x62 rounds for him to have a go with.
    john m and Beaker like this.

So you going to bypass the top of the south?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Good man Beaker!!!!
    Toby and Tommy like this.

I can likely sort a duck if its still season and can take him up the gorge or something in the jet boat for a bit of a outing
    Munsey, Toby and Beaker like this.

I can only really help by way of a few quid, so don't hesitate to let me know details
    Scouser and Beaker like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I'm travelling to the South Island via Nelson in the middle of next month, what's Tobys thoughts?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

[QUOTE=Gibo;365730]Good man Beaker!!!

+100
    Scouser and Tommy like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    So you going to bypass the top of the south?
    Well i did say christchurch as the imigrantion place, but maybe its nelson. All can be changed as havent brought the tickets yet!

What about a around south island trip for him? Christchurch is a good landing zone, as its a international airport ( and easier for me to sort flights....) and easier to kick his arseout.... Apart from getting him to put his thumb out, could we organise some kind of parcel hand over around the best place in nz? Bearing in mind that he is from the north and may not know how to get from a to f.....

Oh and as a side thought, if any of the north folk want to tag along, maybe thats a option as well - sort of a pay your own way support crew and meet the great (south) folk.

And as far as a south island deer, i think there are a couple of people on here that could sort that, but one in the top of the north west springs to mind..... Oh and flounder..... And decent bbq........ And any enginering work...... Plus teach him the finer points of welding!
    stingray and Pengy like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I'm travelling to the South Island via Nelson in the middle of next month, what's Tobys thoughts?

Thats sounding like a begining date........ And place....
    Havent sorted tickets yet, so could look at shifting from chc to nelson..

Is it a international airport though?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Well i did say christchurch as the imigrantion place, but maybe its nelson. All can be changed as havent brought the tickets yet!

What about a around south island trip for him? Christchurch is a good landing zone, as its a international airport ( and easier for me to sort flights....) and easier to kick his arseout.... Apart from getting him to put his thumb out, could we organise some kind of parcel hand over around the best place in nz? Bearing in mind that he is from the north and may not know how to get from a to f.....

Oh and as a side thought, if any of the north folk want to tag along, maybe thats a option as well - sort of a pay your own way support crew and meet the great (south) folk.

And as far as a south island deer, i think there are a couple of people on here that could sort that, but one in the top of the north west springs to mind..... Oh and flounder..... And decent bbq........ And any enginering work...... Plus teach him the finer points of welding!
    WTF Beaker, no oiled fat chicks! !!!!!!!!!....come on man it was sounding good........FFS
    P38, sako75 and Pengy like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I would love to meet Toby... a deermay be tricky but you never know.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I'll put in $50 towards his trip.
    + 2 $100 from me.....let's make this brilliant idea from Beaker happen!....yes the Tobinator on the mainland....."I'll be back"..........
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt