Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Pengy

Thread: A touch of irony

A touch of irony

No, not the metal stuff.
    I was half watching 7 sharp while cooking tea tonight, when they did an article about high numbers of motorcycle accidents in NZ, and the latest ploy by ACC to educate the natives.
    Now, colour me cynical, but I am not sure that bringing some American chick over here to dish out advice is the best approach really, given the number of over seas drivers that seem to be at fault in road traffic smashes.

I admit right now that I didn't follow the whole article as I had the generator running and could not hear tv, so may have the wrong end of the stick.
    Just seemed slightly ironical to me
    gadgetman, mikee and Bugbait like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Getting advice from a country that does not mandate helmets does seem ironic. Apparently she fell off the back as a passenger when the bike was doing a horrendous speed and slid 200m suffering what appeared to be a bad case of gravel rash. Problem is at the speed she claims they were travelling, gravel rash would be the very least of her problems. I am very surprised that all her bones weren't shattered as the body tumbles at those speeds...Maybe I mis heard the clips snippets that I saw but hitting the ground at 100 miles plus tends to kill fairly quickly....so I am expecting exaggeration.

In saying that the point he was making about wearing the right gear is a valid one and efforts to reduce injury that can be taken should be taken...